ABF | 15%

Where are you located? Here in the Carolinas it is three days a week, and it goes week to week. I gotta say, I wouldn't like 15 days a month...
Philadelphia Supplement here. For a while it was raised to 18 days but too many guys lost their insurance so they lowered it back to 15.

Philadelphia Supplement here. For a while it was raised to 18 days but too many guys lost their insurance so they lowered it back to 15.
Just curious, how did they go about raising it? Was there a vote? Seems to me they would have to re-open the contract and get a yes vote to change the terms of the contract. Am I wrong about that?

Just curious, how did they go about raising it? Was there a vote? Seems to me they would have to re-open the contract and get a yes vote to change the terms of the contract. Am I wrong about that?
Per contract it is an hourly rate with a max of 40 per week and I believe that is is the same country wide. What the Health Care Fund does with it is a different story and they do what they can and have to to remain solvent. They can change deductibles and coverages as they see fit and the only ones who vote on it are the fund's trustees, that is what they are there for.

Per contract it is an hourly rate with a max of 40 per week and I believe that is is the same country wide. What the Health Care Fund does with it is a different story and they do what they can and have to to remain solvent. They can change deductibles and coverages as they see fit and the only ones who vote on it are the fund's trustees, that is what they are there for.
In our supplement, you get full health and welfare paid after three days worked per week,on a week to week basis. That is spelled out in the actual language and I'm sure they would have to get a vote to change it. That is in the Carolinas supplement...

Joint council #40, Pittsburgh,...you need 100 hours a month paid-for time for benefits,...80 hours if you're not on a bid or on call. 2 clock punches a week makes for a weeks pension contribution.

In our supplement, you get full health and welfare paid after three days worked per week,on a week to week basis. That is spelled out in the actual language and I'm sure they would have to get a vote to change it. That is in the Carolinas supplement...

Joint council #40, Pittsburgh,...you need 100 hours a month paid-for time for benefits,...80 hours if you're not on a bid or on call. 2 clock punches a week makes for a weeks pension contribution.
I find it very interesting that issues like these vary so greatly between supplements. I would have expected that they be addressed in the Master. I thought that the company paid the hourly rate for both Pension and Health&Welfare across the board and that the individual funds determined where the thresholds for coverage are but I have learned something here.

Chicago 309

I will vote NO on a any wage concessions

Dont worry there will be enough of your brothers who only need a couple more years before they get out of the buisness all together and could not care less about you, that will vote yes and sink your battle ship.

Like you ABFer, I thought everybody was pretty much the same. I'm the same as grovercxl, have to work three days before they pay. The 130 hours, will in no way effect most of the regular employees, but our brothers on the bottom,will be abf pin cushions. Some months they can work four days a week, and not get it, other months, the company only has to hold them off a day or two, and screw them out of it.