ABF | 1500 signing bonus

Screw the signing bonus,reinstate the old vacation schedule and maybe you could get good drivers to apply!

I never thought i would see the day, ABF with a signing bonus. I tried for years to get on there. With no success. Ur management totally screwed themselves with some of the new language in ur contract, expecially the vacation. They must be high

When you're perched way up on top of that huge pile of money you've stolen from your employees,...the air up there gets kind of rarified,.....Affects your thought process, you know.......

Any employer can offer wages over and above what the contract states,.....but they must do it unilaterally,...across the board. Offering new-hires only a bonus, when there's no specific language concerning bonuses for employees,...might be good grounds for a grievance,....especially when we've just taken a concessionary contract, because the company has pleaded "poverty".......Literally,...our vacations are paying for bonuses that ABF is using as "bait" to attract new-hires. I certainly wouldn't call that "unilateral"......

Any employer can offer wages over and above what the contract states,.....but they must do it unilaterally,...across the board. Offering new-hires only a bonus, when there's no specific language concerning bonuses for employees,...might be good grounds for a grievance,....especially when we've just taken a concessionary contract, because the company has pleaded "poverty".......Literally,...our vacations are paying for bonuses that ABF is using as "bait" to attract new-hires. I certainly wouldn't call that "unilateral"......
Hope they hire soon 184 missed 28 p/u & 2 upacks today....not good

I never thought i would see the day, ABF with a signing bonus. I tried for years to get on there. With no success. Ur management totally screwed themselves with some of the new language in ur contract, expecially the vacation. They must be high

They are not high....just thought everyone forgot about the poverty they claimed ,so they could get concessions from us. now they are having difficulty hiring. Like the good reverend said, ABF's chickens.....have come home to roost !!!!

Failure to make pickups & deliveries will send accounts to competitors. If the company cannot provide the service it is better to say so than to promise & not deliver.

Hope they hire soon 184 missed 28 p/u & 2 upacks today....not good

I was down in Carlisle last night and me and the dock supervisor were talking, and he told me that they had 225 trailers in the yard to break and they didn't have enough man power or empty trailers to do so! The dock was packed with freight and no were to put it.so much for the good service they brag about!

I was down in Carlisle last night and me and the dock supervisor were talking, and he told me that they had 225 trailers in the yard to break and they didn't have enough man power or empty trailers to do so! The dock was packed with freight and no were to put it.so much for the good service they brag about!
Good thing we missed those p/u the count may have been 230....lol