ABF | 1500 signing bonus

Hope they hire soon 184 missed 28 p/u & 2 upacks today....not good
I walked by two drivers talking at a foreign terminal and from what I heard in a few seconds was that Little Rock flew a couple of dock people down to Houston to work the dock and they were backed up and not getting caught up. I could have misunderstood but that is what I though one of them said.

I walked by two drivers talking at a foreign terminal and from what I heard in a few seconds was that Little Rock flew a couple of dock people down to Houston to work the dock and they were backed up and not getting caught up. I could have misunderstood but that is what I though one of them said.

I work the dock/hostle out of Little Rock and to my knowledge, no one was flown to Houston to work the dock. I will check with my B/A to confirm this, but they would have had to offer this work in seniority order and had the O.K. from both locals before doing this. What they probably had was "Agency Casuals" hired thru a Temp Agency (Article 3. Section 2(c) of the NMFA). They brought five of these guys into Little Rock earlier this year for one week and did the same in Kansas City. They were from all around the country.

Driver,
Our company BA use to tell us years ago - DRIVER YOUR LUCKLY YOUR WORKING-
A TEAMSTER FOREVER.
When he says something as stupid as that, tell him; "He's also lucky that he was able to trick enough working people into thinking he was a responsible, hard-working Union officer, ,...so that insures that, for the moment,...he's also "working"......but that it seems to you that his "Luck" might be running out on him by the next Local Officers election.....

When he says something as stupid as that, tell him; "He's also lucky that he was able to trick enough working people into thinking he was a responsible, hard-working Union officer, ,...so that insures that, for the moment,...he's also "working"......but that it seems to you that his "Luck" might be running out on him by the next Local Officers election.....
Some of these Union reps forgot where they came from and that they work for the members not the other way around! Just like politicians they get to comfortable in their positions. And just like politicians they can be voted out!

i want my vacation back if the company has money for sign on they have money for my stolen vacation , remember they were closing the doors 14 months ago lying pieces of ****.

They also have money available to fly "temporary" employees around the States, apparently............And money for new corporate headquarters for both ABC and Panther,..........bonuses for top executives,.......Somehow, I think that if we weren't paying our dues to a Union that wasn't so lackadaisical and incompetent concerning contract violations,......so clueless about a very real driver shortage (....pay cut when they can't find drivers?...Really?...).........we might get some actual representation, and some redress for our grievances,...instead of the political clown show and prostitution circus we have coming out of the Marble Palace in Washington.......Of course, I'm calling it an incompetent clown show,.....because the alternative is that our so-called representatives are complicit,.....are in cahoots,....with the ATA in their quest to cheapen labor costs across the industry to lessen the impact of the cost of a driver shortage,...........and , as a 39 year member of the Teamsters,...and a son and grandson,.....and a father ,...of Teamster members,....that would break my heart,.....and cause minor earthquakes in several graveyards.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of these Union reps forgot where they came from and that they work for the members not the other way around! Just like politicians they get to comfortable in their positions. And just like politicians they can be voted out!
You sound like a reformer, Is there an election in your future.:stirthepot:

Its funny though they keep taking more work than they can handle , in the end how many VALUABLE customers will they lose b-4 they get it.

The share-holders can then give thanks to Judy and Roy when the shares are below one dollar , what a joke the scum they have doing there work so much for the BRAND

You sound like a reformer, Is there an election in your future.:stirthepot:

We should all be reformers, Brother. We all should reform the resume's of the Local officers who actively campaigned to pass this travesty of a contract,.........And YRC's travesty of a contract,......And UPS's travesty of a contract,.....and the complete travesty that our Brothers at UPSFreight got suckered into,.....Yes,.....we should remind them, in September,.....(..first meeting, remember?...).....vocally, about a pay cut in the middle of the worst driver shortage ever,......Loss of vacation, even though 50% of the workforce is over age 55,....and we aren't getting any younger,....so we should work longer?,....Remind them about language,...particularly " No Corroboration",.......John L. Lewis and Samuel Gompers are rolling in their respective graves at the very idea of "No Corroboration" of surveillance.......Remind them that they told us we would ...."bankrupt".....ABF,....YRC,....if we didn't take concessions,..........and then remind them exactly how quickly,...after the concessions were given,....they started to hand out executive bonuses,...build new corporate headquarters,.....slosh money around everywhere but in their employees' pockets,.....because that's where they got the money in the first place,.......Remind those Officers that,....."recommended",.....these slimy, foul , misbegotten,..insulting,...."contracts",...........and then REFORM them right out of office!

By the way,.....I'M not running for office......I'm a steward,....and I hold the position of Resident Gadfly ,...have held it for the last 20 years,......at the monthly Union meetings here at Local #30,....and those two positions are about the limit of my abilities.....Besides,...I was just awarded Curmudgeon, 2nd Class,....mainly because of age,.....and therefore I can complain loudly about How Much Better Things Used To Be,.....and how the Younger Generation Just Doesn't Have the Gumption,.........That's practice,....so I can drive the interns crazy at the nursing home they finally bundle me into......

They will tell you its turned around due to concessions.. Take all concessions away and we will be back in tank..LOL

We worry about someone Else's vacation when we lost one week each year THAT WE EARNED by years of service. We should have started worrying when we allowed a contract to pass years ago that tiered wages. That is when the real SELL OUT started. We are not without blame. We complain about the younger Teamsters when it is our generation that screwed them as far as wages go.
We need to all stand up for what is right and not what is best for just the older or just the younger Teamsters. We need to do what is best for all Teamsters.

We no longer have any ties with the yrc Teamsters other than union meetings and a splintered seldom followed shell of the OLD NMFA.
It is we that did this to ourselves.Jim Jones just supplied the Kool-Aid. Just as abf with the support of the ibt supplied a sub par contract and it was the Teamster members that PASSED IT!

And now we complain almost a year later. I can tell you where all this will get us. MORE DIVIDED. We need to show by example how to do the right thing and at times it may cost us but it is the right thing to do. I am not saying that we need to harm abf but we do need to hold them accountable for their actions. Does anyone understand that if they had issued us stock for our 7% we would have came out ahead but we were not given that option. Lets see a option that if our executives profit so do we. Now there would have been a good starting point.

They just paid 17,000,000.00 into their pension fund and that hurt our earning for the quarter. But hey we allowed this to happen by the manner in which we voted. We need to quit blaming Judy and Roy they just threw it out there and it stuck.

I am not happy with them and I have been public about it. But I will not blame them because it was we the Teamsters that allowed this to happen to ourselves. Missed deliveries and pickups will only hurt us not them. They will keep earning large salaries and bonuses until the day the doors close. And trust me there are many Judy and Roy's waiting in the wings to dig even deeper in our pockets.

We need to start educating each other rather than alienating one another. MY time in this business in nearing it's end. I have one last chance to leave it better than when I found it. So Brothers the vacation is gone(for now) but there are many areas that needs to be addressed so let's not focus on just the vacation.

Pension reform from within is a key to ALL YOUR FUTURES! Job security is without a doubt going to be a big player in your futures. I wish you all the best of luck but reading all the post focusing on the vacation and Judy and Roy will not equal a good contract in 2018.
YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS