TForce | 19.90 An Hour!!!

mud-flap

TB Lurker
Credits
No Overtime After 8 Hours,,,, No Overtime On Working 6th Day,,, Or 7th Day,,,, 150 Per Month For Ins. 20 Doller Co-pay,,,,, Pension ??? Who Knows??? 401 K Match??? Whole Lot Of Ups Stock (enron),,,, Sound Like Teamster Bennies???? They Are Overnite Transportation Bennies,,,ohhh I Forgot Abouth The 30 Cent Raise Jan.1st Silly Write Ups,,, Dock Supervisors Threatening You,,, Calling You Worthless,,, Promoting The Kissazzes,,,,,, STANDARDS!!! you tell me what a teamster dock worker makes and we can compare,,,,,

No Overtime After 8 Hours,,,, No Overtime On Working 6th Day,,, Or 7th Day,,,, 150 Per Month For Ins. 20 Doller Co-pay,,,,, Pension ??? Who Knows??? 401 K Match??? Whole Lot Of Ups Stock (enron),,,, Sound Like Teamster Bennies???? They Are Overnite Transportation Bennies,,,ohhh I Forgot Abouth The 30 Cent Raise Jan.1st Silly Write Ups,,, Dock Supervisors Threatening You,,, Calling You Worthless,,, Promoting The Kissazzes,,,,,, STANDARDS!!! you tell me what a teamster dock worker makes and we can compare,,,,,

The new starting salarys will be about $16.00 per/hr. The inreases will be every 12 months and top pay will be at 3 years. starting 16-year 1 17.25-year 2 19.35-year 3 top pay.

Why don't you say what you really feel. :biglaugh:

The new starting salarys will be about $16.00 per/hr. The inreases will be every 12 months and top pay will be at 3 years. starting 16-year 1 17.25-year 2 19.35-year 3 top pay.

Where can I read this at? I know all new hires will start at $10.50/hr even with a cdl

If what you say is true it has gone down, 2 years ago I started out as a dock/cdl at $16.50

Where can I read this at? I know all new hires will start at $10.50/hr even with a cdl

If what you say is true it has gone down, 2 years ago I started out as a dock/cdl at $16.50

Beware you will hear anything that may or may not be true. I wouldn't believe anything till it's in writing. But I think you are smart enough to realize that.:smilie_132:

Teamsters get 75% (approx $22 an hour top rate) of top rate to start. Takes 3 years to top rate. Dock or city does not matter pay is the same at least in Central PA.

Union,or no union if you don't do your job that you were hired for you won't last long.
When your paranoid over getting booted,and your not doing the work you agreed to do when you were hire.
Then you will find out that you will actually be terminating yourself.

UPS invests money in training,and they expect you to do the job they are paying you to do.
If you are doing what your supposed to do.
You will be ok.
As far as TM's,and supervisors not liking someone,there must be a good reason they are like that.
If its just a personality conflect,then this would be concidered harrasment,and there are laws against that practise.

So in my opinion,just come in on your shift,do whats expected of you,don't worry about things that you have no control over,get your paycheck,and enjoy your time off.

As far as TM's,and supervisors not liking someone,there must be a good reason they are like that.
If its just a personality conflect,then this would be concidered harrasment,and there are laws against that practise.

You have got to be kidding me? Managers and sups control the vehicle you drive the trucks you have to unload and you job assignments. Good luck with your lawsuit. If you can get a lawyer to take your case. The union is the shield to protect you against management. If you have a fair manager, great! We do not.:1036316054:

You have got to be kidding me? Managers and sups control the vehicle you drive the trucks you have to unload and you job assignments. Good luck with your lawsuit. If you can get a lawyer to take your case. The union is the shield to protect you against management. If you have a fair manager, great! We do not.:1036316054:

You are not kidding.:1036316054:

Teamsters get 75% (approx $22 an hour top rate) of top rate to start. Takes 3 years to top rate. Dock or city does not matter pay is the same at least in Central PA.

Pay is the same across the boards. Currently they do not have PTers, but who know if its in this contract.

Yes I will admit I've had my run-ins with my TM.
But I see these times are when his bosses are leaning on him to get our terminal to perform better.

I now try to ee his end of this number crunching UPS is pushing on all of us.
I'm just reponsible for me.
Where hes reponsible for everyone in our terminal.

Something like a sports team.
If one or two players stink,they straighten them out,or get rid of them.
If the whole team stinks they fire the manager.

Yes I've had a fair amount of misunderstandings with him.
But now I just do my best,try to keep the negative comments to a minumum,and can get along with him pretty good.

Yes I will admit I've had my run-ins with my TM.
But I see these times are when his bosses are leaning on him to get our terminal to perform better.

I now try to ee his end of this number crunching UPS is pushing on all of us.
I'm just reponsible for me.
Where hes reponsible for everyone in our terminal.

Something like a sports team.
If one or two players stink,they straighten them out,or get rid of them.
If the whole team stinks they fire the manager.

Yes I've had a fair amount of misunderstandings with him.
But now I just do my best,try to keep the negative comments to a minumum,and can get along with him pretty good.

I have had fair relations with a few past TM's but some are just impossible. The fact that they never last at my center, makes me just ignore them as much as possible until the next future X-manager arrives.:biglaugh::1036316054:

They do have part timers they call them casual. They start at around $14 plus per/hr.
We do use casuals as we all had to start out this way..Casuals are guareented 8 hours and are payed around 85%.After a casual works a certain amount of days,he has to be put on the seniority list..We dont have anyone that makes 14 an hour,although it has been rumored to be in the next contract,we all will know in about two weeks...

We do use casuals as we all had to start out this way..Casuals are guareented 8 hours and are payed around 85%.After a casual works a certain amount of days,he has to be put on the seniority list..We dont have anyone that makes 14 an hour,although it has been rumored to be in the next contract,we all will know in about two weeks...

Thank you, some here think casuals are PTers who only work a few hours a day, big difference. I can see UPSF having casuals too, especially during the vaca months and the ficticious heavy freight season.

Casuals are only guranteed 4 hrs, not 8. They can work them 8 if needed, but if UPS can keep them under 6, then they do not have to pay Helath and Welfare, which is a big cost savings in UPS eyes.