TForce | 19.90 An Hour!!!

Casuals are only guranteed 4 hrs, not 8. They can work them 8 if needed, but if UPS can keep them under 6, then they do not have to pay Helath and Welfare, which is a big cost savings in UPS eyes.

Up in this neck of the woods, you are guaranteed 8hrs with the Teamsters if you get a start as a casual.

It also depends under what supplement you work under.I am under the NY/NJ and the companies have to pay into the h&w.Also they can earn vacation time and personal days under ours but I have heard of others that get nothing but there eight hours..

When I took a withdrawl from the union to hire on fultime with Overnite back in 1986.
I was working casual my pay rate then was $13.66 per hour,time,and a half after 8 per day.
When I was given work,or called in by one of the union barns I got work with.
I was guaranteed at least 8 hours.
Now I've been out of the union 22 years so I don't know how it is with them now days?
But we can always ask CFer,or hillbilly frog to weigh in on this topic,they both are currently Teamsters.

When I hired on with Overnite the wage was only $9.22 per hour staright time,but to be getting fultime work with no lay offs it was worth it at the time.

Thank you, some here think casuals are PTers who only work a few hours a day, big difference. I can see UPSF having casuals too, especially during the vaca months and the ficticious heavy freight season.

Fictitious heavy freight season, yes we had 4 of those blackout weeks this year, maybe we can shoot for 5 or 6 just to crunch vacation time, maybe only 1 road and 1 city this year too, I am sure we will find out just before our vacations, that seems to be the growing trend with everything around our place now.

NEED TO KNOW BASIS.:1036316054: