XPO | 2.5% raise...really? That's all you can give us?

This company goes through a huge positive financial turn around in 1 year all because of OUR hard work, and 2.5% is all we get?

I have to ask, what have you done differently in the last year to make all that money for Con-Way? Have been working that much harder? And if so, why weren't you working that hard before this year?

How do you all find out these percentages anyhow We have not heard nothing down here in the south essp anything concerning any so called raise >????all we really know is we get one them video messages Monday Morning Meeting supposed to be about 4 th Quarter results and vpp bonus !

My new raise will be in the neighborhood of $5-6 a week most weeks before the tax man gets his cut for me.Several months ago some of the brass was at my house and word was we were going to be brought up closer to the central/western pay scale. Hmmm guess we will just have to wait and see. With all the new stuff we have bought last year and were still able to turn $100,000,000 in profit I'd say we all did an outstanding job but so far this raise isn't a reflection of that not to mention all the sacrifices we have all made over the last few years. Trust me I am grateful
I got a raise and even more grateful
I have a job to support my family but when you are held back for years then given something that can't even keep pace with inflation it's very frustrating. You guys that don't understand that every year your dollars are worth less and less and the company is willing to part with fewer of them need to wake up. I'm just going to have to wait till I see the video because maybe I'm not seeing the big picture here.

My new raise will be in the neighborhood of $5-6 a week most weeks before the tax man gets his cut for me.Several months ago some of the brass was at my house and word was we were going to be brought up closer to the central/western pay scale. Hmmm guess we will just have to wait and see. With all the new stuff we have bought last year and were still able to turn $100,000,000 in profit I'd say we all did an outstanding job but so far this raise isn't a reflection of that not to mention all the sacrifices we have all made over the last few years. Trust me I am grateful
I got a raise and even more grateful
I have a job to support my family but when you are held back for years then given something that can't even keep pace with inflation it's very frustrating. You guys that don't understand that every year your dollars are worth less and less and the company is willing to part with fewer of them need to wake up. I'm just going to have to wait till I see the video because maybe I'm not seeing the big picture here.

Mine will be 25 to 30 a week. You must work only 15 hours a week.

2800-3000 miles a week and not a lot of time on the dock. That's why I'm curious about mileage pay as are others.

I heard that in the video it tells that on Fed 13 the website will be updated with our final bonus pay out and the checks for it will start being sent out Feb 17. It goes over the numbers for the last few years, how we are heading in the right direction. It also talks about across the system 2.5% raise for everyone.

WOW! just saw the announcement that we are getting 2.5% increase starting April 1.....wow, thanks for the movie ticket.....

so how about this,

next time the boss offers up 35 million dollars for the help we'll call you to decide what to do with it. 10's and 20's OK with you?

maybe he should have put it into the match instead of wages, 35 mil and you're still not happy.

I have to ask, what have you done differently in the last year to make all that money for Con-Way? Have been working that much harder? And if so, why weren't you working that hard before this year?

Could say gave up 401 match, 1 year of pto, gone without company holiday parties, regular raises for starters. Id say that saved a buck or two. I wonder if corp bonuses equate to 2.5% after our remarkable turnaround that is in part due to ALL our efforts.

I've worked this hard for the entire time I've been with this company. I've been here for almost 2 years, so the entire time I've been here we've been embroiled either in the end of John Labrie's career with Con-way, or this apparent restructuring and recovery we've been going through the entire last year, getting our balance back and whatever other crap the corporate talking heads keep spewing out. All I know is I work my butt off every day, and the only thanks I get is some empty words and more hard work while others slide. Or I get thanked for my hard work by not getting 8 hours in a day. That's another thing I get to do, not by choice. I sacrifice my family's financial security to ensure Con-way's. I get my hours cut so they can survive, but that doesn't help me survive. And for this I get $.48/hr in a raise? Thanks so much.

I've worked this hard for the entire time I've been with this company. I've been here for almost 2 years, so the entire time I've been here we've been embroiled either in the end of John Labrie's career with Con-way, or this apparent restructuring and recovery we've been going through the entire last year, getting our balance back and whatever other crap the corporate talking heads keep spewing out. All I know is I work my butt off every day, and the only thanks I get is some empty words and more hard work while others slide. Or I get thanked for my hard work by not getting 8 hours in a day. That's another thing I get to do, not by choice. I sacrifice my family's financial security to ensure Con-way's. I get my hours cut so they can survive, but that doesn't help me survive. And for this I get $.48/hr in a raise? Thanks so much.

Almost 2 years......So you never lost vacation time, got 5% returned that you never gave back, never went a year without an increase in pay, were not lied to to about reasons for these things happening, etc.etc., yet you complain the loudest?

Take your mileage rate ... .555 x 2.5%=.01375 cents

.012875 for a grand total of .05278....... but what I read didn't say anything about mileage but its very possible my reading comprehension wasn't all that great because I saw it after a very long day at the end of a rockin week.

A small raise is better than NO raise. That being said, I expected we would get a more. It is what it is.

Almost 2 years......So you never lost vacation time, got 5% returned that you never gave back, never went a year without an increase in pay, were not lied to to about reasons for these things happening, etc.etc., yet you complain the loudest?

Yeah, you've only gotten stuff.

I'd might concede that maybe this fellow might understand what has happened to the us over the past. Kudos to him seeing it do early in his career. If he started after 5% cut, he still saw it just as we did not starting at a higher rate. He suffers from the same cuts we have with the exception of the pto. If he is a sincere employee with the intentions of a long honest career here, he has as much stake as any to complain.