XPO | 2.5% raise...really? That's all you can give us?

I would have to agree. While this is a start we have lost a whole lot and the waste is just out of this world.

True, we will cut trucks back to save fuel and atmospheric damage but cut down every tree from Norfolk, Va to Seattle, Wa to copy freight bills.

If you remove one person from the equation, either Doug or a random driver, or a random FOS, would the impact be the same?

Most people can't comprehend what its like to take care of billions of dollars of OTHER people's money. You will never be able to explain it to them.

Most people can't comprehend what its like to take care of billions of dollars of OTHER people's money. You will never be able to explain it to them.

And i"m sure you can fathom it beer. Only your mind and a select few can, and for that we applaud you. Keep drinking the blue kool-aid. :)

Just as some can't comprehend we also have a management team and board of directors approving ideas and decisions. It's a shame you're using that economics/business management degree to drive a truck.

Last edited by a moderator:
And i"m sure you can fathom it beer. Only your mind and a select few can, and for that we applaud you. Keep drinking the blue kool-aid. :)

Just as some can't comprehend we also have a management team and board of directors approving ideas and decisions. It's a shame you're using that economics/business management degree to drive a truck.

I'm not defending anybody or anything, I just read a lot and understand how things work.

beerfd said:
I'm not defending anybody or anything, I just read a lot and understand how things work.

Me too and that's what makes it frustrating at times but I'm going to be happy with what we received, count my blessings and stash it away in my 401k and call it good.

We all Should be thankful its not a Health insurance increase now I will have a little more to help Dear Old Uncle Sam Bailout Some More Bad Banks Lucky Me !!!!!!

I heard that in the video it tells that on Fed 13 the website will be updated with our final bonus pay out and the checks for it will start being sent out Feb 17. It goes over the numbers for the last few years, how we are heading in the right direction. It also talks about across the system 2.5% raise for everyone.

Last year's "smaller" bonus checks were issued on Friday February 18th, 2011, so it sounds like they are keeping with the same time of year as last year. I'll be looking forward to the 17th then!

That's all they are giving? And the 4th quarter net profit was 22fold? When are you dummies gonna wise up?

Not hard to increase profit 22fold when you base that off a $4M starting point. You probably would have known that if you read the article, dummy. Maybe you should go troll on the YRC or Old Dominion board and drop your union BS on them.

That's all they are giving? And the 4th quarter net profit was 22fold? When are you dummies gonna wise up?

Dummies?? We don't have to wake up and wonder if our company is going to lock the doors anytime soon. It's a good feeling and I'll be getting my bonus check next week. Calling me a dummie..go to hell idiot.

No, but he hired men that did to run it for him.

AFTER he ran it for himself for how long? I wonder what ol' Leland would say today if he were still alive. I'm sure he'd be proud of how big and successful his company is today. But he also got out there and did the work with his drivers. I doubt that many in management could do the same today. I'd also be willing to bet that he'd be ashamed of how CF got hung out to dry back in '99 and left to waste away on it's own. Leland James INVITED the Teamsters in at the beginning, they didn't come in and organize. It's in the History of Con-way book. I read it myself when I first started here.

It takes a heck of a lot more than decisions in a board room to make this company succeed every day. Who do you think does more, the guys coming up with the plan or us, who make that plan work? Also, supposedly they take advice and suggestions from us on how to make the day-to-day operation work better. And they drag home millions and we get less than $1/hour raise. We help them do their job and they reap the benefits.

AFTER he ran it for himself for how long? I wonder what ol' Leland would say today if he were still alive. I'm sure he'd be proud of how big and successful his company is today. But he also got out there and did the work with his drivers. I doubt that many in management could do the same today. I'd also be willing to bet that he'd be ashamed of how CF got hung out to dry back in '99 and left to waste away on it's own. Leland James INVITED the Teamsters in at the beginning, they didn't come in and organize. It's in the History of Con-way book. I read it myself when I first started here.

It takes a heck of a lot more than decisions in a board room to make this company succeed every day. Who do you think does more, the guys coming up with the plan or us, who make that plan work? Also, supposedly they take advice and suggestions from us on how to make the day-to-day operation work better. And they drag home millions and we get less than $1/hour raise. We help them do their job and they reap the benefits.

The 2.5% raise for everyone will cost the company $33,000,000.00. I consider that significant.