XPO | 2.5% raise...really? That's all you can give us?

What are you people complaining about. YOU do not deserve any pay raise. Management deserves all the increases. We are the ones who planned this fantastic turn around. We make all the right moves to ensure you have a job.

"What are you people complaining about. YOU do not deserve any pay raise. Management deserves all the increases. We are the ones who planned this fantastic turn around. We make all the right moves to ensure you have a job."

That takes some balls to say. If it wasnt for the drivers where would this company be? Management makes enough for what they do, the big wigs in the palace make way too much for what they do. Us drivers make the company the money, not management. We all have to work together and get along.

I'd might concede that maybe this fellow might understand what has happened to the us over the past. Kudos to him seeing it do early in his career. If he started after 5% cut, he still saw it just as we did not starting at a higher rate. He suffers from the same cuts we have with the exception of the pto. If he is a sincere employee with the intentions of a long honest career here, he has as much stake as any to complain.

He agreed to the lower rate when he hired on, and should be pleasantly surprised that some that was never taken away was returned to him.

He agreed to the lower rate when he hired on, and should be pleasantly surprised that some that was never taken away was returned to him.

True, but we all agreed to keep working after all those cuts ourselves. We all have to stride together for positive change. If he will stand by me, I will do the same as I would for you or anyone else.

What are you people complaining about. YOU do not deserve any pay raise. Management deserves all the increases. We are the ones who planned this fantastic turn around. We make all the right moves to ensure you have a job.

Ha Ha I hope you aren't being serious because without us management is F'd and they know it. I know many would find it hard to believe but this place ran just fine with less micromanagement than the present day. Someone,I believe it may have been John H. said this place can run without FOS's and managers but without drivers we are F'd.

Last edited by a moderator:

BWAhaaaaaahaaaaahaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

They got the same 2.5% we did. Just moved the decimal 2 or 3 places to the right...
Its really all the same....really.

I'd might concede that maybe this fellow might understand what has happened to the us over the past. Kudos to him seeing it do early in his career. If he started after 5% cut, he still saw it just as we did not starting at a higher rate. He suffers from the same cuts we have with the exception of the pto. If he is a sincere employee with the intentions of a long honest career here, he has as much stake as any to complain.

Thanks smokin' joe, that's where I was going with the whole thing. I'm not just taking about me here. I feel for ALL of us who have put in hard hours for less than we're worth in the hopes that this company would get better. I started out while the starting pay was still below the original starting wage and saw it given back. That's nice, but I'm not getting anything put into my 401(k) because I started after Jan 2010, and who knows what they're gonna come up with for that. In our meeting a few months back they said they "hope" to have something figured out in our retirement by 2nd quarter 2012. So while those who've been here longer are still getting 3% automatically put in, I get nothing. I think I have reason to be displeased with what they've come up with so far, especially since I just checked out that Yahoo! page telling what the big boys are getting in a bonus.

So you're saying the guy that is running the company, was instrumental in bringing us back to profitability, and is making critical decisions every day that affect thousands of people and millions of dollars is getting a large bonus? Wow. Call the news! This has never happened before.

He makes the decisions, but I would love to see him come peddle freight and work the dock for a night, or get his run cut because all the freight he'd be hauling is on a sub-service van.

He makes the decisions, but I would love to see him come peddle freight and work the dock for a night, or get his run cut because all the freight he'd be hauling is on a sub-service van.

What a coincidence. I would like to see you restore a Fortune 500 company to profitability.

All this is in line with Eli won the super bowl. I guess the receivers, tailbacks, linemen, and the whole dang defense never stepped foot on the field.
A plan was created by management and completed by all of us. To say one or ten individuals righted this ship is far fetched.

All this is in line with Eli won the super bowl. I guess the receivers, tailbacks, linemen, and the whole dang defense never stepped foot on the field.
A plan was created by management and completed by all of us. To say one or ten individuals righted this ship is far fetched.

If you remove one person from the equation, either Doug or a random driver, or a random FOS, would the impact be the same?

If you remove one person from the equation, either Doug or a random driver, or a random FOS, would the impact be the same?

Its not about one persons effort, but a whole. One Stotler didn't craft the entire plan himself. Others offered input and it was either used or negated- after that the company a whole created a more profitable environment. We all depend on each other. Like saying you guys work harder than me cause you get ot after 8 doesn't make it true. We all out our time effort and sweat in to make this happen:)

You guys sound like Con-way's version of SS soldiers!! "Just be happy you got anything" and such. I'm shaking my head in amazement. This company goes through a huge positive financial turn around in 1 year all because of OUR hard work, and 2.5% is all we get? If I'm doing my math right at my current rate of pay that comes up to $.48/hr. In an 8 hour shift that comes to an additional $3.84/day. That won't even buy a Big Mac extra value meal. Take how much the cost of gasoline has gone up in the past 4 years that this company's not given it's drivers a raise and it doesn't even come close to paying the difference in what you're spending alone on gas just to get to work.

I would have to agree. While this is a start we have lost a whole lot and the waste is just out of this world.