XPO | 2.5% raise...really? That's all you can give us?

How is taking money out of my pocket going to help you, or the company?

Do you think the Florence, Ky driver has a higher "market value" than a driver in Tampa, Fl?
Not about helping me or the company .....if you were in the same shoes me & my coworkers are in you would understand.

As I myself reside in the south and suffer the wage difference, I feel there must be something for the large metropolitan areas up north and west.
However, there are areas such as dallas, atlanta, Miami, and northern Virginia that have higher costs than parts of Kentucky, Illinois, and Indiana that needs to be addressed. The ot rule needs to be uniform company wide, whether they add to us or subtract everywhere else.

Absolutely! For my area (metro Atlanta) the hourly wage is fairly competitive. I'm not complaining about that. I'm fine with guys in Chicago, LA, metro NYC and the northeast making more per hour than me because it DOES cost more to live there, even compared to Atlanta. But why does a guy in Clearfield, PA, for example, make the same per hour as someone in Chicago or Newark? AND he gets ot after 8 like Chicago and Newark. It's a principle issue for me. If I work over 8, why is my time not as valuable as that guy up in Clearfield? Or Omaha? Or Boise? They should make the OT the same company wide. We all do the same job for the same company, so when we work over 8 (and I'm sure plenty of guys up north and out west do) our time down in the sunny south should be as important to the company as theirs.

2800-3000 miles a week and not a lot of time on the dock. That's why I'm curious about mileage pay as are others.[/QUOTE

add the 2.5% to your mileage... this is easy addtion!!! All you guys are complaining about the raise!!! Well be happy it did not go the other way... I think most of you people just ***** to hear yourselves *****.....!!!! Just truck and get the job done.. If you do not want the 2.5% give it to me and we will both be happy...

good night

Absolutely! For my area (metro Atlanta) the hourly wage is fairly competitive. I'm not complaining about that. I'm fine with guys in Chicago, LA, metro NYC and the northeast making more per hour than me because it DOES cost more to live there, even compared to Atlanta. But why does a guy in Clearfield, PA, for example, make the same per hour as someone in Chicago or Newark? AND he gets ot after 8 like Chicago and Newark. It's a principle issue for me. If I work over 8, why is my time not as valuable as that guy up in Clearfield? Or Omaha? Or Boise? They should make the OT the same company wide. We all do the same job for the same company, so when we work over 8 (and I'm sure plenty of guys up north and out west do) our time down in the sunny south should be as important to the company as theirs.

Move then, we worked hard for the over time after 8 many years ago, ! most of us old timers came from union companies and CCX had to make it very attractive for us to come here.

So, if affects me and not you personally, it's ok? But if if you start getting screwed it's somehow worse than our situation? Wow. Wow. Wow.

Oh they didn't take vacation time away? They didn't stop the 401k match? Living in denial will eat you up in the end.

They stopped the 401 match. I still get my 5 weeks paid time off a year.. people tell you things, so that you might feel better about your pitiful situation that you must be in..
They didn't take any vacation away..just didn't give it to us all up front..we're paid it weekly..why do you even care??

Ok ok.I understand now .,Thank You.That helps beer.When I worked here my first year ccx told me that I couldn't take any vacation because " I had to work her one full year in order to earn it first "!There is no void of vacation time?????? Would you be interested in some ocean front property I have for sale here in Indiana ? It's over 100 degrees here and sunny ,Sitting here now on the the beach with my toes in the sand. Mmmmmmmmm No void here? Now we earn it up front with the policies change.

They stopped the 401 match. I still get my 5 weeks paid time off a year.. people tell you things, so that you might feel better about your pitiful situation that you must be in..
They didn't take any vacation away..just didn't give it to us all up front..we're paid it weekly..why do you even care??

In case many of you may have forgotten....

The reason for the changes to the vacation policy was aimed directly at those who were planning for an imminent retirement.

The original policy was any earned vacation could be taken in bulk if one had the seniority to do so.

I know of peeps who would take a month at a time. This was in line with the originally promised policy.

Then along came John L.

In his assinine assessment of the rank and file employee and his disrespect for previous leader's visions (think Jerry D.), company, John decided it was fiscally reponsible to eliminate the 'earned' vaction policy. Instead of having your vacation allocated January of every year it was relegated to a weekly accrual.

This was done to eliminate those immediately retiring from taking their 'earned' vacation at the beginning of the year...and then retiring afterward.

John L. and company had determined they weren't going to pay 5 or 6+ weeks of 'earned' vacation to any individual and then receive no percieved benefit from said retiree throughout the rest of the year.

John changed the rules to augment the bottom line...at the employees expense.

That is why the vacation policy was changed....to screw the long term employees out of their promised benefits...who were promised certain benefits when they came on board...only to be victimized by a miserable failure of an 'employee engaged' company whose only understanding of same is how they can manipulate it to meet their own meaning.

Pathetic.

That is only one of many reasons nobody wants to work for this company...and if they do come on board the leave soon afterwards.

Rat

In case many of you may have forgotten....

The reason for the changes to the vacation policy was aimed directly at those who were planning for an imminent retirement.
J
The original policy was any earned vacation could be taken in bulk if one had the seniority to do so.

I know of peeps who would take a month at a time. This was in line with the originally promised policy.

Then along came John L.

In his assinine assessment of the rank and file employee and his disrespect for previous leader's visions (think Jerry D.), company, John decided it was fiscally reponsible to eliminate the 'earned' vaction policy. Instead of having your vacation allocated January of every year it was relegated to a weekly accrual.

This was done to eliminate those immediately retiring from taking their 'earned' vacation at the beginning of the year...and then retiring afterward.

John L. and company had determined they weren't going to pay 5 or 6+ weeks of 'earned' vacation to any individual and then receive no percieved benefit from said retiree throughout the rest of the year.

John changed the rules to augment the bottom line...at the employees expense.

That is why the vacation policy was changed....to screw the long term employees out of their promised benefits...who were promised certain benefits when they came on board...only to be victimized by a miserable failure of an 'employee engaged' company whose only understanding of same is how they can manipulate it to meet their own meaning.

Pathetic.

That is only one of many reasons nobody wants to work for this company...and if they do come on board the leave soon afterwards.

Rat

Well, atleast you have your facts straight..because you DID work here. Unlike some people whom never worked here.

2800-3000 miles a week and not a lot of time on the dock. That's why I'm curious about mileage pay as are others.
It's 2.5% across the board. Here's the easiest way to figure out what it will do for you - It's 2.5% on hourly and mileage. First way.. Multiply your current gross per week by .025 and that will tell you how much more you will gross per week.. Second, multiply your total gross by 1.025 and that will tell you what your total gross will be as of April 1 assuming you're on the same run..

You cant tell me your cost of living is the same as a big city....Im from Nebraska, live 45 miles west of Lincoln and our rent, taxes payments are costing me way less. What planet are you from Slim?

You cant tell me your cost of living is the same as a big city....Im from Nebraska, live 45 miles west of Lincoln and our rent, taxes payments are costing me way less. What planet are you from Slim?

Earth. Do you drive the same truck, move the same freight, load the same trailers, have to be certified and licensed the same, follow the same rules and laws, as the dsrs in chicago, new york, miami, LA, Dallas, Lincoln etc? Why should you not be paid the same? It shouldn't matter that you live in a cheaper area of the country, your bills are none of the company's business and shouldn't have an effect on the compensation for the service you provide.

so ccx driver what difference does it make when he started working? It's not his fault you were dumb enough to give all that back to the company while they were trying to break YRC, which ccx couldn't handle the volume , plus the faqct that conway big guys told me last august in Aurora Ne, that that almost BACK-FIRED ON ON so we won't be "buying" freight like that again anytime soon. The fact is you think 2.5% is just great....wow. Did you ever figure out what the cost of living is? Look at what food prices have down in just 6 months. how bout beef? Do you want me to keep going? Back off on the new guys, and stick together or you will have nothing, which is why sucka***are just what the company loves to create...."MAYHEM" Nebraska Teamster....

Earth. Do you drive the same truck, move the same freight, load the same trailers, have to be certified and licensed the same, follow the same rules and laws, as the dsrs in chicago, new york, miami, LA, Dallas, Lincoln etc? Why should you not be paid the same? It shouldn't matter that you live in a cheaper area of the country, your bills are none of the company's business and shouldn't have an effect on the compensation for the service you provide.

I have been arguing this point for years....

There is absolutely NO REASON why dsrs in one area of the country should be making less than those in others.

The company bases its rates on the top tiered pay scales. They have no choice.

Any monies garnered from not paying top tier in other parts of the US is pure profit...going directly to the bottom line at the expense of the dsr.

Yes sir...things are improving....albeit on the BS side of things.

Doesn't appear your new CEO is any different from the last two or three.

Rat

You sure do seem like a sad little person, you worry about a company that you don't even work for..hahaha

Last edited by a moderator: