XPO | 2.5% raise...really? That's all you can give us?

so ccx driver what difference does it make when he started working? It's not his fault you were dumb enough to give all that back to the company while they were trying to break YRC, which ccx couldn't handle the volume , plus the faqct that conway big guys told me last august in Aurora Ne, that that almost BACK-FIRED ON ON so we won't be "buying" freight like that again anytime soon. The fact is you think 2.5% is just great....wow. Did you ever figure out what the cost of living is? Look at what food prices have down in just 6 months. how bout beef? Do you want me to keep going? Back off on the new guys, and stick together or you will have nothing, which is why sucka***are just what the company loves to create...."MAYHEM" Nebraska Teamster....

A 2.5% increase is better than, let's say for example, a 15% decrease. Atleast on my calculator it is.. when you got it good, everybody tries to drag you down. Hahahaha. ..please get a life..

so ccx driver what difference does it make when he started working? It's not his fault you were dumb enough to give all that back to the company while they were trying to break YRC, which ccx couldn't handle the volume , plus the faqct that conway big guys told me last august in Aurora Ne, that that almost BACK-FIRED ON ON so we won't be "buying" freight like that again anytime soon. The fact is you think 2.5% is just great....wow. Did you ever figure out what the cost of living is? Look at what food prices have down in just 6 months. how bout beef? Do you want me to keep going? Back off on the new guys, and stick together or you will have nothing, which is why sucka***are just what the company loves to create...."MAYHEM" Nebraska Teamster....

Maybe I should go to Yellow....how much are you boys making these days?

While all of you are bitching and moaning about 2.5% I'm gonna do what I normally do.. Drive a nice
SUV, live in a nice place, and never take it for granted..
It's a very low stress way of life everyone should try at some point... It's really pretty nice!!!

While all of you are bitching and moaning about 2.5% I'm gonna do what I normally do.. Drive a nice
SUV, live in a nice place, and never take it for granted..
It's a very low stress way of life everyone should try at some point... It's really pretty nice!!!

The ones bitching about it, don't even work here..go figure.

The ones bitching about it, don't even work here..go figure.

Perceptual Incongruence
it doesn't take a rodent to understand those outside of the current positive culture of our company feeling either a) uncomfortable for leaving, second-guessing their decisions, or b) wishing they had jumped ship and came over to the blue side. The grass is greener on our side for a change... it's all in how full, or empty, you believe your glass is.

Perceptual Incongruence
it doesn't take a rodent to understand those outside of the current positive culture of our company feeling either a) uncomfortable for leaving, second-guessing their decisions, or b) wishing they had jumped ship and came over to the blue side. The grass is greener on our side for a change... it's all in how full, or empty, you believe your glass is.

I don't know about all that but work to me is a minimal part of who I am - would say the same no matter where I am. It's merely a way to live how you want and do what you wanna do to me..

Perceptual Incongruence

So this positive culture of our company you talk about is the reason why so many guys I know from my yard are ready to leave? Because we're starving to death being held captive by a company that cares not one iota about us! Having to call in, call back in, sit by the phone in the hopes that they'll call us back to come in earlier than mid-afternoon so we have a chance at an 8 hour day? Being relegated to a lower hourly wage and unequal overtime pay as drivers for the same company in other parts of the country? Being forced to be a dockworker when drivers for other companies can come in, work 10 and never once touch a forklift? Not me my friend.

So this positive culture of our company you talk about is the reason why so many guys I know from my yard are ready to leave? Because we're starving to death being held captive by a company that cares not one iota about us! Having to call in, call back in, sit by the phone in the hopes that they'll call us back to come in earlier than mid-afternoon so we have a chance at an 8 hour day? Being relegated to a lower hourly wage and unequal overtime pay as drivers for the same company in other parts of the country? Being forced to be a dockworker when drivers for other companies can come in, work 10 and never once touch a forklift? Not me my friend.
If you don't like working the dock go somewhere else. Theres a reason we are one of the Only LTL companies that made a profit last year.

If you don't like working the dock go somewhere else. Theres a reason we are one of the Only LTL companies that made a profit last year.

Hell OD made more than we did, especially on the operating percentage than us, and their drivers don't work the dock. Heck, they even haul all their own freight. Imagine that!

You also have to figure in my region we have 2 big LTL's that are privately owned. I have no idea what they made because they don't have to announce their earnings, they have no shareholders to answer to.

Most all of the LTL carriers made money last year. About the only one that didn't was YRC and that's a whole different soap opera. What's 2.5% when there was a 5% cut THREE YEARS ago?

Freight is up. And fuel has been stable. It has been a good money environment. This is why we are going to see a raise. We need to hope this continues. So that we can all keep working. Here or elsewhere.

What's 2.5% when there was a 5% cut THREE YEARS ago?

Whats 2.5% of 0???They could have given us nothing again this year but didn't..Yes IMO we are still behind the gun a bit BUT this IMO also is a plus,And if its not good enough, then send it my way,i have no problem with excepting more money...

Curious as to how each increment of the the 5% wage reduction cost 37 mill at a lower rate, while the new 2.5% raise came in at 35 mill at a higher pay rate. Did we lay off/eliminate that many employees?

Curious as to how each increment of the the 5% wage reduction cost 37 mill at a lower rate, while the new 2.5% raise came in at 35 mill at a higher pay rate. Did we lay off/eliminate that many employees?

Yes. We have 25 fewer drivers now at my terminal alone.

Amen guys. We still have a job. I think you can go over to the union hall. You would be about # 400 on the call list.OR I know where there are some good used trucks.Can you say OWNER OPERATOR

Amen guys. We still have a job. I think you can go over to the union hall. You would be about # 400 on the call list.OR I know where there are some good used trucks.Can you say OWNER OPERATOR

I can say owner operator, pulling I don't know how many loads a day outta my barn.