Holland | 2 black workers win $350,000 each in harassment suit ruling

I worked with both of these guys and another,Jimmy b. that collected an "undisclosed settlement" from holland and these claims were total b.s.
I even told jimmy to his face that if guys were harassing him like that,I would be the first one on his side,but it just wasn't the case.These guys were only looking to make an easy buck and they got it because companies are scared to death of being sued.An example;when robert was on the stand he started crying because he said that another driver poked his head into the break room and asked,"who made this 'cowboy cofee?"(because the pot had been sitting there for awhile and the coffe in it was thick enough to stir with a spoon)"i almost couldn't make it through the rest of the day after hearing that",he sobbed.....ridiculous!
Well,God bless'em is all I can say.I hope they are happy and can someday stand before their Maker with a clear conscience.

All I have to say is, "Yo! Mah man!!" (No racial slur . . . It's something I say ALL the time to EVERYONE!!! -- especially to hubby when we are out grocery shopping! It just makes him giggle . . .)

I worked with both of these guys and another,Jimmy b. that collected an "undisclosed settlement" from holland and these claims were total b.s.
I even told jimmy to his face that if guys were harassing him like that,I would be the first one on his side,but it just wasn't the case.These guys were only looking to make an easy buck and they got it because companies are scared to death of being sued.An example;when robert was on the stand he started crying because he said that another driver poked his head into the break room and asked,"who made this 'cowboy cofee?"(because the pot had been sitting there for awhile and the coffe in it was thick enough to stir with a spoon)"i almost couldn't make it through the rest of the day after hearing that",he sobbed.....ridiculous!
Well,God bless'em is all I can say.I hope they are happy and can someday stand before their Maker with a clear conscience.

Why would someone asking who made this cowboy coffee offend a black man, or American african if that is prefered. Good thing I wasn't the judge, I would have wanted an explanation of how something like that could offend.

Why would someone asking who made this cowboy coffee offend a black man, or American african if that is prefered. Good thing I wasn't the judge, I would have wanted an explanation of how something like that could offend.
What do you mean? it made me cry so hard last night I had to call in sick I was so upset! :hysterical::hysterical::hide:

Let me also say that most all of the African-American guys at our terminal can't stand any of these guys.One especially,that I am good friends with,called Bobby the "n" word and told him if he even said hi to him,he would get an a#@ whoopin'.Guys,I hope I'm not coming across as ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ,because I am not at all.There are some stupid redneck guys at our terminal also,but I've never heard any blatant slurs directed at anyone.We all get along and cut up and have fun with each other.Just as Jimmy had an attitude and he is black,there are a few white guys with attitudes also,and most guys don't have much to do with them,either.There is good and bad on both sides of that equation.But even if a guy called me a dirty s.o.b.,I feel like that is between him and me and is not Holland's fault.

"A Matter of Respect"!

:USA:In a "diverse" workforce, most of us know who we can joke around with, and who we can't! When you cross over that line into discrimination, harassment, etc...you take the risk of that person reporting it to management! Once that person reports the alleged discrimination, harassment, etc...to management, they are OBLIGED to investigate and put a stop to it...NOW! I don't know all the details of this particular case, but I would assume these guys reported it to management, and management either sluffed it off as no big deal, or for some reason thought it was funny too, and didn't take it seriously! That's what happened at Yellow a few years back in St. Paul, MN and YRCW had to pay up...big time!

Since that time we have the so called "Respect Policy" at YRCW which mainly has been instituted to keep YRCW from getting sued! So the next time you want to "joke around" with a co-worker, remember that you run the risk of being reported, investigated, and disciplined (up to and including discharge) for violations of the "Respect Policy"! Let's treat each other with respect and forget about the way things used to be! It's 2008, and every man and woman deserves to work in environment free of harassment, intimidation, or discrimination! Most of us are Teamsters anyway, and we would never "bring harm upon" another member anyway...would we?!:1036316054:

:USA:In a "diverse" workforce, most of us know who we can joke around with, and who we can't! When you cross over that line into discrimination, harassment, etc...you take the risk of that person reporting it to management! Once that person reports the alleged discrimination, harassment, etc...to management, they are OBLIGED to investigate and put a stop to it...NOW! I don't know all the details of this particular case, but I would assume these guys reported it to management, and management either sluffed it off as no big deal, or for some reason thought it was funny too, and didn't take it seriously! That's what happened at Yellow a few years back in St. Paul, MN and YRCW had to pay up...big time!

Since that time we have the so called "Respect Policy" at YRCW which mainly has been instituted to keep YRCW from getting sued! So the next time you want to "joke around" with a co-worker, remember that you run the risk of being reported, investigated, and disciplined (up to and including discharge) for violations of the "Respect Policy"! Let's treat each other with respect and forget about the way things used to be! It's 2008, and every man and woman deserves to work in environment free of harassment, intimidation, or discrimination! Most of us are Teamsters anyway, and we would never "bring harm upon" another member anyway...would we?!:1036316054:
bring harm upon another teamster? What are we suppose to like everybody thats a member? If I dont like you , why would I like you just because your a teamster? what a bunch of crybabys, WE ARE A NATION OF WHINERS:shock:

bring harm upon another teamster? What are we suppose to like everybody thats a member? If I dont like you , why would I like you just because your a teamster? what a bunch of crybabys, WE ARE A NATION OF WHINERS:shock:
I'll agree with you that we live in a Nation of whiners. No not all Teamsters have to like each other. That would be virtually impossible to accomplish that. What you will find though is that friends or not we will stand strong together in solidarity when need be!!!