XPO | 2 Hour Backup

Aggressor

TB Regular
Credits
I'll start it since noone else has.
What are your thoughts?

I remember that there was always a 2 hour backup, it has just been for the past couple of years that they have been changing it.
The backup was suppose to be so that headloads & pures could be built, so I believe the outbound supervisors are not doing their part of the job.

2 hr bkup

just another way to screww the drvs out of more HOMETIME/ cnwy cares only about thier profits and nothing about the drivers that has made this company what it is today..:hide::smilie_132:

I remember when there was no such thing as a back-off. We would get out a couple of hours later but we would get back to our "terminals" not service centers, about the same time as we do now if not earlier. We didn't have nearly the amount of claims as we do now, probably because we didn't touch the freight ungodly amounts of time for no damn reason like we do now, can you say FAC's, can you say stupid idea, at least out west. Back before the 2 hour back-offs we had straight turns and lay-overs. If we had customers that had late shipments, it didn't matter because our schedules wouldn't leave until 9 or 10 PM. Everyone was happy, the shippers, the receivers, and the drivers. The freight was the happiest of all because it wasn't getting torn up like it is now. But 10 or 11 years ago some knuckle-head, Chip B., you guys from Southern might remember him, said "no more turns or lays, everyone has to work the dock because that's the way they do it at Central!" Well let me tell you, it ain't working out so well. Dock FOS's refuse to make headloads when possible, ASCM and SCM don't seem to concerned about headloads. They are more worried about truck rodeos. They claim it's time to go back to the "Old Con-way". The Con-way that was there for their customers. My question for them (management) is, how far back are you willing to go to go back to the way Con-way used to be? 5 years? 10 years? Try 15 or 20 years! I guess only time will tell. It's their game and their rules. We only go by what they tell us to do. If the plan fails, it's on them (management). Unfortunately we are being led by people whom aren't adult enough to take the blame for their failures. Not just the John L. and Fat Beard, but Service Center Managers on down, throughout this once great company. Hold on tight people it's gonna be a helluva ride.

I'll start it since noone else has.
What are your thoughts?

I remember that there was always a 2 hour backup, it has just been for the past couple of years that they have been changing it.
The backup was suppose to be so that headloads & pures could be built, so I believe the outbound supervisors are not doing their part of the job.

some fridays it is needed..no matter how we do or dont like it it is needed...but as a rule of thumb like it used to be is patently stupid...nothing more, nothing less...burn your hours during the week and keep your time short on friday...thats the rule everyone should follow.

How can you burn your hours during the week, when you have 5- 14 hour days. My problem with the backup is before we started ae 21:00, now being told we can't leave till 22:00.

yrs. ago 2hrs was standard. it was away to clean the systemfor the weekend. now the slightest bump in tonnage throws the powers that b into a panic and you get the back-up. either way i suppose you know what your gettin when you fill out the bid sheet.

yrs. ago 2hrs was standard. it was away to clean the systemfor the weekend. now the slightest bump in tonnage throws the powers that b into a panic and you get the back-up. either way i suppose you know what your gettin when you fill out the bid sheet.
Sorry for buttin into your posts but I think this is pretty normal. I have a 2200 start but on friday nights it is midnight. Doesnt bother me, just sleep 2 extra hours and they clean up the system for the week. Good idea I think!:1036316054:

just another way to screww the drvs out of more HOMETIME/ cnwy cares only about thier profits and nothing about the drivers that has made this company what it is today..:hide::smilie_132:
how are you getting less home time your at home for another couple hrs and working ten or twelve hrs what the difference what 10 or 12

2hr backup did not help dallas. they were still late getting us out i did not leave till after midnight. so who did this rollback help. not me or the fac when i finally got there. they were in no hurry to get me out, so, i took an hour nape on the way to the fac. oh well. i was tiried from all the sitting in the breakroom.

2hr backup did not help dallas. they were still late getting us out i did not leave till after midnight. so who did this rollback help. not me or the fac when i finally got there. they were in no hurry to get me out, so, i took an hour nape on the way to the fac. oh well. i was tiried from all the sitting in the breakroom.

We are the same way. I was still making pick ups at 7:30 pm 135 miles away from the terminal. It was 10 when I got back with a 25 bill van. Happens to me every Friday.

Duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:chairshot: Well the first thing, your screen name
surely fits based on your contribution. Secondly, your absolutely right, Conway does care about it's profits. WE are
a publicly held company that each and everyone of us who works there has a share of and interest in. And I don't know about the rest of you, but a two hour back up is a regular thing in Cincinnati, I mean when we have 15-20 fork lifts just sitting on the dock every night because all the loaders need "Bill Witches" to write up the bills you just start to get use to it. So quit crying, get your hooks, get down the road, and do your job! Because 5 years from now you like many others will be complaining about the same thing and you will still be here like the rest of us.:smilie_132:

You should see the reaction I get when I shake him hard to wake up yelling YOU'RE LATE!! Boy, talk about WILD :hysterical:

Ok, I don't do that OFTEN but it is fun to watch sometimes :funky: And believe me, he gets me back on a regular basis! We still have fun after 34 years together :1036316054:

And that is probably how you became TiredDvrsWife.

You should see the reaction I get when I shake him hard to wake up yelling YOU'RE LATE!! Boy, talk about WILD :hysterical:

Ok, I don't do that OFTEN but it is fun to watch sometimes :funky: And believe me, he gets me back on a regular basis! We still have fun after 34 years together :1036316054:
I think my wife is becoming tireddvrswife JR. she goes through this with me when she tries to wake me. Throwing covers, cussing, and just all around not happy when I have to wake up for work!!! I've seen her get downright scared before!:hide:

If you have a habit of falling asleep in the tub, have your wife PM me. I have a CURE for that. :chairshot: boy, was THAT fun one!

He's threatened to bring in a new and improved model of me, lots younger. I said as long as she cooks, cleans and waits on ME hand and foot hurry up and get her. :hysterical:

BTW, what are you doing back on this side of the fence?? :chairshot:

I think my wife is becoming tireddvrswife JR. she goes through this with me when she tries to wake me. Throwing covers, cussing, and just all around not happy when I have to wake up for work!!! I've seen her get downright scared before!:hide:

If you have a habit of falling asleep in the tub, have your wife PM me. I have a CURE for that. :chairshot: boy, was THAT fun one!

He's threatened to bring in a new and improved model of me, lots younger. I said as long as she cooks, cleans and waits on ME hand and foot hurry up and get her. :hysterical:

BTW, what are you doing back on this side of the fence?? :chairshot:
Oh , I just cruise around the board from time to time and make sure everyone is happy and try to squash out hate and discontent when I can!!:biglaugh: