XPO | 2 Hour Backup

well, well. another 2hrs back-up weekend. i really enjoy leaving the fac after 8am going back to lda. really sucks, that management knows they have the 16hr rule to hold you longer on saturday morning. did not get back to lda till 12 saturday. really enjoy getting back home late. what really makes me mad is the 2 hr backup does not work down here. again, i thought we were suppose to have better headload, more pures. what a joke. what is bad, and i will repeat this again, noone in management cares. regional manager in dallas says the rollback works. wish i knew what kind of drugs he was on, i want some.

gonna try to use my 16hr rule early this week. maybe i can get home early on saturday. wait at minute. this just in. conway now say we have 2 16hr days now.

coworkers, this very false statement from up above that the roll back is to make h/l's and full pups to breeze thru the fac's will not happen. theirs not a fos that i've ever met in my in my multi years at conway that would ever pass up whatever tonnage numbers to pad his/her numbers, and very very few scm's that would say a word to that fos to make them stop this proceedure, especially in these tough numbers times.

i have been here 25 years and from the start we had a 2 hour backup on fridays, just with the new people in the glass house, these few past years they have been messing with it, some fridays they have it and some they do not!!!! Personnally i enjoyed it, more time home on friday night, they should stop waffling and either have them or not, my grandchildren make up their minds better then the glass house does!

Usally lacking sleep through the week, that was a day I looked foreward to as I got 2 more hours of precious rest. Also I spent less time at the reship because that extra time gave the always late terminals more time to get there and more freight was broke before my midnight arrival.

Usally lacking sleep through the week, that was a day I looked foreward to as I got 2 more hours of precious rest. Also I spent less time at the reship because that extra time gave the always late terminals more time to get there and more freight was broke before my midnight arrival.

Sorry, I mean 2AM arrival considering the back up.

Good for you!

I actually got bumped to city this year and can tell you it was the best thing that happened to me. Home on Friday night and waking up with my family on Saturday morning.

Oh no......I couldn't do that......my wife would either shoot at me, or have me arrested........I haven't been home at night for 25 yrs....

:duh:

Good for you!

I actually got bumped to city this year and can tell you it was the best thing that happened to me. Home on Friday night and waking up with my family on Saturday morning.

Good for you roadrage! Enjoy those times. It's a wonderful thing to get back on/off the beaten path once in awhile. (Which ever way you want to see it)

Maybe, I'll beat your record??

There is a record? I didn't hear of any official attempt on the record. Why didn't I get that memo? When is the record attempt going down? Why was there no Press release? Someone dropped the ball on the whole, record attempt event........I want a name.......

:realmad:

There is a record? I didn't hear of any official attempt on the record. Why didn't I get that memo? When is the record attempt going down? Why was there no Press release? Someone dropped the ball on the whole, record attempt event........I want a name.......

:realmad:

In order to take a serious attempt at any record i would have to take a weeks vacation and tell my Wife to leave me alone for that week. There was a meeting last week about the record did you not attend it? did you not sign the paper stating you were in attendence? or did you not attend the secret meeting but, signed paperwork saying you were in the meeting?? You better read everything you sign.
Nonetheless, the record is 11.07 post a day on average.

In order to take a serious attempt at any record i would have to take a weeks vacation and tell my Wife to leave me alone for that week. There was a meeting last week about the record did you not attend it? did you not sign the paper stating you were in attendence? or did you not attend the secret meeting but, signed paperwork saying you were in the meeting?? You better read everything you sign.
Nonetheless, the record is 11.07 post a day on average.

Crud......I must stop signing those Monday meeting sheets without looking at them.
:busted_blue: