XPO | 2 hour backup

He is .. he is one of truckingboards finest bullshitologists...

But seriously though .. most of the time he is right on the mark ..

yeah, I like reading his post but sometimes he just gets out there a little. I do have a complaint though, sometimes I just don't have the time to read those long, very long posts.

I personally dont mind the 2 hour back up anymore, when I first started I was like what the........ and after time went by, I just came to accept that every friday was a 2 hour backup. Now on Thanksgiving week when they posted the two hour back up on Monday, everyone was all whining and complaining and not doing anything, and just generally being a bunch of pre schoolers. So, they wisened up and for Christmas Eve week, they didnt post the 2 hour back up until Tuesday, everyone was running around and doing their jobs on monday and things went smoothly. Now what i find funny is the amount of work that was pumped through my sector on christmas eve in a 7 hour time period, because no one had to worry about running out of hours, and everyone was there, until the work was done, and MORE work went out in that 7 hour time period than an average day and it went QUICK, SMOOTH, and without hitch! amazing what can happen, when people realize, your there until the work is done! every other night many fellow drivers dont care, its dock it, dock it, dock it, because they are leaving when there loads are ready, or when there time is up either way, this day, NOPE! I have come to terms with 2 hour back up is just that,

I personally dont mind the 2 hour back up anymore, when I first started I was like what the........ and after time went by, I just came to accept that every friday was a 2 hour backup. Now on Thanksgiving week when they posted the two hour back up on Monday, everyone was all whining and complaining and not doing anything, and just generally being a bunch of pre schoolers. So, they wisened up and for Christmas Eve week, they didnt post the 2 hour back up until Tuesday, everyone was running around and doing their jobs on monday and things went smoothly. Now what i find funny is the amount of work that was pumped through my sector on christmas eve in a 7 hour time period, because no one had to worry about running out of hours, and everyone was there, until the work was done, and MORE work went out in that 7 hour time period than an average day and it went QUICK, SMOOTH, and without hitch! amazing what can happen, when people realize, your there until the work is done! every other night many fellow drivers dont care, its dock it, dock it, dock it, because they are leaving when there loads are ready, or when there time is up either way, this day, NOPE! I have come to terms with 2 hour back up is just that,

So what you are saying is, you are working with a bunch of clock milkers but when they want to go home they bust their butt? That sir is a local management problem. If they are allowing this to happen on a daily basis then the manager should be looking at his supervisors and if that's not happening, then the regional should be looking at that manager. You know what I mean? These guys are jerking off any other day and then one day they decide to get their crap together. Well the numbers should reflect this and it should be brought to someone's attention or someone is not doing their job. This company is all about numbers then why are they not noticing stuff like that happening?

I couldnt agree more! it is and has always been, TIME MILKERS, alls most of the fellow drivers care about is getting the hell out of there with doing as little as possible. again most dont care because, they leave when they leave either way, and whatever is left, oh well the next guy can handle that, because the loader wanted to sit on the dock and say DOCK IT, DOCK IT, DOCK IT, you are called a LOADER for a reason, get that freight off the dock, NO reason why most of it ever hits the dock. except the lack of concern, from FOM to TEMPs....and everywhere in between! Management has ALWAYS been an issue in ConWay, why would that change now? most of them feel are holier than thou and there last name is Detter....again from FOM to Dock, ConWay has HUGE entitlement issues, everyone feels they are owed something for doing nothing. If numbers were such a big issue, they would look at things like why how much work got done christmas eve morning and how much doesnt get done on an average FAC night!!

So what you are saying is, you are working with a bunch of clock milkers but when they want to go home they bust their butt? That sir is a local management problem. If they are allowing this to happen on a daily basis then the manager should be looking at his supervisors and if that's not happening, then the regional should be looking at that manager. You know what I mean? These guys are jerking off any other day and then one day they decide to get their crap together. Well the numbers should reflect this and it should be brought to someone's attention or someone is not doing their job. This company is all about numbers then why are they not noticing stuff like that happening?

Welcome to Con-Way Central....

Rat