Yellow | 2 million reasons to vote yes

Actually the president of newpenn did tell me the company doesn't control it, so it must have been the Unions decision..
So slavenomore, keep believing that the IBT isn't making deals with the company..

How in the world would you ever convince drivers for Conway and FedEx to organize? They currently make more money than we do by a couple bucks an hr. They have the same kind of benefits that we do and they're not worried about losing their jobs every couple of years. Now, if you add this round of concessions and show em our junk equipment, they're running in the opposite direction. We've been hiring as many drivers as will apply and still to short to service our customers service needs. Unless we manage to really turn things around and reinstate full wages and at least half pension, we won't be able to attract new drivers and well be done in 5 years.
I hear what your saying Bruno, the IBT will NEVER get Conjob or Fredex to unionize,, but some of the Conjob drivers in my location are constantly asking if Holland is hiring,, obviously the IBT dropped the ball, but even with Conjob being a couple bucks an hour higher in pay some of these men are looking to come to Holland even if it means going to the bottom of the board with the unstable YRC bs.

You put a lot of trust into a union that had one of their own on the board at YRCW and didn't know he was trying to put a deal together to buy ABF???!!!!!
Gimme a break with this nonsense!!
I didn't listen or read much of the co side. But I did ask this at our co meeting......and was told that it was OUR side that came up with the ABF/YRC THING cause I said how do we know if they just ain't looking for cash to buy ABF with......was told it was a brainstorm type idea from outside which involved a merge nobody buying nobody cause nobody Haas no money. Just an idea which somebody leaked and used but never got past the idea stage.

Do you ask the company or your BA or just come here. I ask the source and everybody should.

Words are important and you should know that....and idea and merge are different than deal and buy.

Your kidding right? You didn't sit in any meetings w/ the Co.? { I did ) If you did, you would have known how it came about. I know my side, What is your OUR side? You got me really confused dude!..not
I'll explain, ABF's stock was around $16 a share at that time, Yrcw offered $8, would have been a great deal for Yrc. They would get everything they wanted and liquidate the rest. ABF said NO. End of story!
That was from a VP from YRC. Now, Who do YOU ask?, The Co, Or Your BA? I already know who to ask, Do you know who to answer to....I bet you do, because your not a slave no more, just a servant now.

I didn't listen or read much of the co side. But I did ask this at our co meeting......and was told that it was OUR side that came up with the ABF/YRC THING cause I said how do we know if they just ain't looking for cash to buy ABF with......was told it was a brainstorm type idea from outside which involved a merge nobody buying nobody cause nobody Haas no money. Just an idea which somebody leaked and used but never got past the idea stage.

Do you ask the company or your BA or just come here. I ask the source and everybody should.

Words are important and you should know that....and idea and merge are different than deal and buy.

Last edited by a moderator:

During one of the last giveback or we are going bankrupt scenarios, I believe it was Hoffa that went to ABF and suggested that they buy YRCW... ABF wanted no part of it..

I have spent some time on the non union sites reading about pay and benefits. If you don't consider a pension, or twenty five percent of one, most of the non union guys are making more money than us, even after they pay for their health insurance. Why would we take even less money so the big shots can give themselves a million dollars worth of bonuses? You know the best reason to vote yes was the guy who posted that his wife wouldn't let him vote no, that is pretty sad!

If you don't consider a pension, or twenty five percent of one, most of the non union guys are making more money than us, even after they pay for their health insurance.

Why would you not consider your pension or 25% of one? If you wanted a retirement income of $2500/mo for 25 years do you have any idea how much you would have to save out of each check between now and then to get there?

The contract is nothing but s piece of paper for a museum without the people it was made for. Its about the people not the paper.

That's almost exactly what George bush said about the US constitution.
It says everything about you,too. How do you respond to that, Mr mgmt?

What guarantee do you have YRC will continue to operate if they get a yes vote? If they close the door's on a no vote they were planning to close anyway.

If you were Union guy ya might think it best for our future if they went down with the world knowing we did all we could......instead of allowing them opportunity to blame us....for future organizing.

Your kidding right? You didn't sit in any meetings w/ the Co.? { I did ) If you did, you would have known how it came about. I know my side, What is your OUR side? You got me really confused dude!..not
I'll explain, ABF's stock was around $16 a share at that time, Yrcw offered $8, would have been a great deal for Yrc. They would get everything they wanted and liquidate the rest. ABF said NO. End of story!
That was from a VP from YRC. Now, Who do YOU ask?, The Co, Or Your BA? I already know who to ask, Do you know who to answer to....I bet you do, because your not a slave no more, just a servant now.

you sound like the drunken clown I saw at a gas station the other day. make about as much sense too...

Re-read #83, #84. That was my response to slavenomore. What part don't you understand?
"I'll explain, ABF's stock was around $16 a share at that time, Yrcw offered $8, would have been a great deal for Yrc. They would get everything they wanted and liquidate the rest. ABF said NO. End of story!"
That's was told to us by a YRC VP YRC approached ABF!
BTW...I may be a drunken clown sometime tonight or tomorrow :)

you sound like the drunken clown I saw at a gas station the other day. make about as much sense too...

Re-read #83, #84. That was my response to slavenomore. What part don't you understand?
"I'll explain, ABF's stock was around $16 a share at that time, Yrcw offered $8, would have been a great deal for Yrc. They would get everything they wanted and liquidate the rest. ABF said NO. End of story!"
That's was told to us by a YRC VP YRC approached ABF!
BTW...I may be a drunken clown sometime tonight or tomorrow :)

Where did you get those numbers? No one in their right mind could possibly expect to buy a company whose stock was at $16 a share by offering $8 a share. And no shareholder in their right mind would accept an $8 a share buyout when they could get $16 selling on the open market.Something is definitely off with those numbers.

I got those numbers from your trusted management. He also said after ABF declined the offer, they(ABF) used that as a scare tactic against their employees. Yes this did come from a YRC VP!

Where did you get those numbers? No one in their right mind could possibly expect to buy a company whose stock was at $16 a share by offering $8 a share. And no shareholder in their right mind would accept an $8 a share buyout when they could get $16 selling on the open market.Something is definitely off with those numbers.

I got those numbers from your trusted management. He also said after ABF declined the offer, they(ABF) used that as a scare tactic against their employees. Yes this did come from a YRC VP!

Wow, can't imagine he knew what he was talking about with those numbers.

Explained that's why it would have been such a great deal for YRC by purchasing for half of ABF's value. Financing would not have been an issue at that price lol

That's idiotic. It would be like giving someone a $5 bill in exchange for a $10 bill. No body would agree to that. He must have been misinformed to say the least.