XPO | 2 Soup...

Rat

TB Veteran
Credits
...or not 2 soup!

What the hell ever happened to the hot soup on cold days?

-8 at the barn tonite and no soup in sight.

What gives?:smilie_132:

At our barn we will not get anything like soup unless someone from home makes 5 gallons and brings it in, or the T.M. shells out from his own pocket to pay for it.

...or not 2 soup!

What the hell ever happened to the hot soup on cold days?

-8 at the barn tonite and no soup in sight.

What gives?:smilie_132:

There used to be a 20 degree rule (below 20 & they serve something warm).

I know in the past you could contact the RM & he would take care of the problem.

There used to be a 20 degree rule (below 20 & they serve something warm).

I know in the past you could contact the RM & he would take care of the problem.

That's a great idea...I know we don't get as cold as you guys, but it does sometimes sneak into the 20s....Soup it is...

I just do not think an RM would be happy to here a DSR calling to complain about there being no soup at your terminal.

I have personally seen it happen.
2 winters ago a RM was walking across the lot to go into our barn, I was walking with another driver, the other driver stopped the RM & questioned the 20 degree rule & then told him of the barn he was talking about & the next day there was hot water & instant soup packets.

2 winters ago a RM was walking across the lot to go into our barn, I was walking with another driver, the other driver stopped the RM & questioned the 20 degree rule & then told him of the barn he was talking about & the next day there was hot water & instant soup packets.

Good reply.

It's never about the title, it's about the individual holding that title. There are RMs that listen and make the effort (Eddie J. for instance), but there also RMs that have an agenda. This can be said for any employee classification in any business. There are good eggs and there are bad eggs, you just need to identify who is who.

Maybe, I'am wrong about this "20 degree rule" i never heard of it. Glad you guys got your soup.

We had the "single digit and below" rule.
  • Hot Chili
  • Hot Knorr Soups (Variety)
  • Hot Dogs (with all the fixings)
  • Hot Chocolate
  • Hot Tea
  • Hot Coffee

We also passed out hand warmer and foot warmer packets.

...We usually got a heads up from G.O when to provide hot food and drinks, otherwise our TM went above and beyond the call of duty for the drivers.

We had the "single digit and below" rule.
  • Hot Chili
  • Hot Knorr Soups (Variety)
  • Hot Dogs (with all the fixings)
  • Hot Chocolate
  • Hot Tea
  • Hot Coffee

We also passed out hand warmer and foot warmer packets.

...We usually got a heads up from G.O when to provide hot food and drinks, otherwise our TM went above and beyond the call of duty for the drivers.

I was at XIN today and they had hot dogs with all the fixins...at -18 our barn had dick! When the FOS was asked about soup his reply was "do you want to take a pay cut to get it?" Funny, we have had soup in years past without a pay cut...so what is different now?:Flame-On:

I was at XIN today and they had hot dogs with all the fixins...at -18 our barn had dick! When the FOS was asked about soup his reply was "do you want to take a pay cut to get it?" Funny, we have had soup in years past without a pay cut...so what is different now?:Flame-On:

He's practicing to be a manager.

I think it depends on how much enthusiasm a supervisor or manager has in regards to providing hot food and/or drinks.
Some take the easy way out and just dump a coffee pot full of hot water and packets of hot chocolate.

Our TM would leave at 6:00 pm and he made sure there was enough food and drink to last each shift.
The inbound,outbound, personnel supervisor and OM were in charge when the cat went home. We had cold but happy campers at my barn.

I think it depends on how much enthusiasm a supervisor or manager has in regards to providing hot food and/or drinks.
Some take the easy way out and just dump a coffee pot full of hot water and packets of hot chocolate.

Our TM would leave at 6:00 pm and he made sure there was enough food and drink to last each shift.
The inbound,outbound, personnel supervisor and OM were in charge when the cat went home. We had cold but happy campers at my barn.

Rule 1....Take care of your people, they take care of you...
All other rules, refer to rule 1...

soup

i think it is up to the tm.he can do it without orders from above. never heard of such a rule. it was -25 without the wind chill figured in wed. i am on the dock from 4-6 hrs every morning and i must say i had to come in once to warm up my gloves cause i was stupid and took them off to strap something to the wall. usually i dont come in at all. took the first couple winters to fiugure out the right clothing combination .