XPO | 2 Soup...

Agreed.

I am not trying to put a negative spin on what Con-way is doing to support our member in arms...

My point is DM said entirely too much. Con-Way is doing in spades what other companies won't even consider...hell, there are even lawsuits just trying to get entities to do what is required by law. If as you say he is fighting on Capitol Hill to get things changed the I will applaud him here and eat some crow if necessary(damn good with Sam Adams Lite BTW.)

Point is that John Q Oublic hasn't a clue about what actually happens behind the scenes. They only know what they see on the news or in this case 60 minutes. DM should have quit long B4 the statements regarding the responsibility of the government to ease the strain on various companies supporting troops. We are in the fight of our lives to stay afloat and come out of this economy as a viable and productive company.

Anything slightly negative viewed by the public can hurt us in ways we may not recover from.

As an SCM perhaps a 'FEED THE HUNGRY' campaign mentioned to GO may get us back on track. Employees giving their time to help the less fortunate...I think it a hell of a good idea....:clap::clap:

Rat :smilie_132:

i respect your take on the end of the interview, but i disagree. I am with BoxBoss. This was perhaps Conway's finest hour in the national public spotlight. And at the end, the tough words that Dave used was also meant to point out the fact that the government talks the talk, but then does not walk the walk when it comes to our men and women in the armed forces. companies like ours keep our citizen soldier's job open for them and send packages and keep in contact with their families stateside while state and federal government agencies do not. One of the worst offenders when it comes to screwing veterans is the state and federal governments. When it comes right down to it, it is the OUR government that has sent our people over their. A little tax help is not too much to ask. I thought Dave did great whether you like him or not. Just my opinion....

Agreed.

I am not trying to put a negative spin on what Con-way is doing to support our member in arms...

My point is DM said entirely too much. Con-Way is doing in spades what other companies won't even consider...hell, there are even lawsuits just trying to get entities to do what is required by law. If as you say he is fighting on Capitol Hill to get things changed the I will applaud him here and eat some crow if necessary(damn good with Sam Adams Lite BTW.)

Point is that John Q Oublic hasn't a clue about what actually happens behind the scenes. They only know what they see on the news or in this case 60 minutes. DM should have quit long B4 the statements regarding the responsibility of the government to ease the strain on various companies supporting troops. We are in the fight of our lives to stay afloat and come out of this economy as a viable and productive company.

Anything slightly negative viewed by the public can hurt us in ways we may not recover from.

As an SCM perhaps a 'FEED THE HUNGRY' campaign mentioned to GO may get us back on track. Employees giving their time to help the less fortunate...I think it a hell of a good idea....:clap::clap:

Rat :smilie_132:

In response, We were absolutely amazed at how many people thanked our drivers the following day...customers and people just walking up to the DSRs on the street to mention they saw it....John Q Public likes to see feel good stories, and they probably didn't even pay attention to the part about the tax credits...we never got one negative remark from anyone...So that was all good...
Employees giving their time to feed the hungry..?? I have two or three that would...the other 150 would want to know if they are being paid for it and wouldn't show...sad, but true...there is much I love about my team, but when it is time to volunteer, you hear alot of crickets...

I couldn't help but notice how touchy, feely, compasionate, he was with the cameras rolling.

What a guy!

Regardless of who the messenger was in that interview, am very happy that we extend benefits to our deployed service people.

Ok...your opinion...What I remember most about it were the companies that don't do a damn thing...huge mega profit companies...But Dave was right, and it's something he has been fighting for in DC...The government puts all these rules on companies regarding military service, then doesn't want to do anything to assist companies with taking care of the families..What those guys do is the most honorable thing you can do, yet are treated like 2nd class citizens by our government...we weren't looking for a cash handout, we are fighting to get those companies that are doing something a tax credit for doing it...that ain't alot to ask, and it was done in the context of Lesley Stahl asking him why more companies don't do what we do...I understand your feelings about DM, that's fine, but in this case, he did the right thing, and did it well...
Sorry to go off, but this was one of the more positive things for our company to come down the pipe in quite a while, and I get irritated anytime someone tries to put a negative spin on it..You gotta take your positives where you can get them..

Considering the end result - extra cash; what's the difference between a tax credit and a cash handout?

In response, We were absolutely amazed at how many people thanked our drivers the following day...customers and people just walking up to the DSRs on the street to mention they saw it....John Q Public likes to see feel good stories, and they probably didn't even pay attention to the part about the tax credits...we never got one negative remark from anyone...So that was all good...
Employees giving their time to feed the hungry..?? I have two or three that would...the other 150 would want to know if they are being paid for it and wouldn't show...sad, but true...there is much I love about my team, but when it is time to volunteer, you hear alot of crickets...

Yeah I thought about this after my post.

Volunteers would hard to find anywhere. I suppose every SC would have some but not enough. The only recourse would to involve other similiar organizations in the area, but that would have its own problems as well...

I am glad to know that JQPublic percieved DMs interview positively.

My spin may have been a case of paraniod overreaction caused by the daily interaction with my 95 Ford tractor and not staying hydrated with the Blue Koolaid.:hysterical::grinning-smiley-021:hysterical:

Now thats funny!!! I don't care who you are thats funny!!!!

Rat:loser:

Take this one to your barn for the suggestion box....

I know very few people who don't like Kraft Macaroni and Cheese...For about 25 bucks, we fed over a hundred people in the service center one day, and they loved it..!!! Do you have any idea how much Mac and Cheese you can make for 25 bucks..?!?!?
And Pancake breakfasts are the cheapest date in the world...you can make 400 pancakes for about 25 dollars...

" Suggestion Box " ?

Thought those things that hung on the walls directly above the trash recepticles had been
all removed years ago ?

Was that not one of the early enhancements ?

Just4Thought

" Suggestion Box " ?

Thought those things that hung on the walls directly above the trash recepticles had been
all removed years ago ?

Was that not one of the early enhancements ?

Just4Thought

Mine sits in the breakroom along side the "employee of the month" voting box...we open it every week...I usually get about 2-3 a month, none having to do with Macaroni & Cheese, but there are some pretty entertaining, explicit, and really good suggestions...we have implemented alot of good stuff out of that box..some of the more explicit stuff we have to take a pass on...

Mine sits in the breakroom along side the "employee of the month" voting box...we open it every week...I usually get about 2-3 a month, none having to do with Macaroni & Cheese, but there are some pretty entertaining, explicit, and really good suggestions...we have implemented alot of good stuff out of that box..some of the more explicit stuff we have to take a pass on...

Were you guys also involved in that Sacred Cow thing? I forget what it was all about. Only thing I remember was it was cow colored. (shows how much I paid attention)

Our suggestion box was also in the break room, always... accidentally on purpose...... smashed to the ground.

Can someone explain what that Sacred Cow thing was about? It's bugging me now.

Were you guys also involved in that Sacred Cow thing? I forget what it was all about. Only thing I remember was it was cow colored. (shows how much I paid attention)

Our suggestion box was also in the break room, always... accidentally on purpose...... smashed to the ground.

Can someone explain what that Sacred Cow thing was about? It's bugging me now.

Yeah, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was about...a little research will be needed..

Since you guys in the east get a hot soup friday because of the cold, we should get a cold beer friday for the heat in the summer out here on the left coast

It looks like to me that the soup was cold weather perk in the CCX terminals (northern states) and it is suppose to be offered if your Service center is in that area ... as far as the temp goes on when it is suppose to be served I am guessing it varies. Or your SCM is a tight wad .. My service center took care of us last week. And I appreciated the soup and the coffee. Last week was just brutal everywhere.

I am with you prezars cold beer friday would be a good thing ....

Since you guys in the east get a hot soup friday because of the cold, we should get a cold beer friday for the heat in the summer out here on the left coast

In the winter:
We got hot food and beverages throughout the brutal cold week not just Friday. It felt like driver appreciation week.

In the summer:
  • Ice cold water
  • Ice cold tea
  • Ice cold Gatorade
  • Ice cold soda (not good for you but some people can function well when quenched with it)
  • Frozen Ice Cream (Not very quenching, most got lazy)

... If our numbers were outstanding. Sub Sandwiches and a cookout!

...The after hours beer was in a cooler in the designated drivers trunk.

Um.....what do I do if I want to suggest that we put up one of those suggestion boxes.

Should I know what one looks like first?

Um.....what do I do if I want to suggest that we put up one of those suggestion boxes.

Should I know what one looks like first?

I would say talk to your TM or Personnel Supervisor.
It's can be any kind of box with a slot in it, that obviously locks. (They have to market it to you guys and want to make it work)
Our TM mounted it near his office door and no one ever put anything in it. (Kind of obvious why)
It was relocated with full seniority to the break room where it would get many hits....later on it really got hit. (off the wall)

suggestion20boxhr7.jpg

Here is a suggested suggestion box .. it has duel purposes .. you can use it to serve soup also ..

we got veg. soup we got tomato soup. we got chicken noodle soup, we got bacon and cheese crousonts, we got sausage and egg crousants.... hell I dont even know how to spell the samich... we got fruit... bananas... pineapple.. grapes...peaches... pears..strawberrys.. got pizza for lunch... got sub sanwiches for lunch the next day and 100 tacos from Taco bell for a snack .....its all good here...