XPO | 2 Soup...

we got veg. soup we got tomato soup. we got chicken noodle soup, we got bacon and cheese crousonts, we got sausage and egg crousants.... hell I dont even know how to spell the samich... we got fruit... bananas... pineapple.. grapes...peaches... pears..strawberrys.. got pizza for lunch... got sub sanwiches for lunch the next day and 100 tacos from Taco bell for a snack .....its all good here...

Yummy! Yes you guys are taken care of.

Yeah, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was about...a little research will be needed..

Sacred Cow.......things which we have been doing, and are now outdated, and yet, are held onto simply because......"We do that, because we have always done that".....

We were to write down those policies and/or procedures that we considered to be "sacred cows" and the ones producing the most interest, would be re-considered by management to be abolished......i.e......the two hour back-off on friday....or, the hour long speech, whenever a CSR or anyone for that matter, answered the phone etc......

If memory serves, some things actually got changed, before they pulled the plug on the "sacred cow" initiative and changed them all back again....
:flame:

Ok, I like the soup, doughnuts, cake, cookies, whatever we get.

But at no point do I expect it, and never would I complain if I don't get anything like that.

At no time during the application or hiring process was free food mentioned as a benefit.

Make no mistake, I appreciate what we get. I go out of my way to thank the SCM and the Personnel guy when we get stuff, but it pi$$es me off when last week, we had soup/chili 3 days in a row, then the 4th day, when we didn't have it, all I heard was guys complaining that there wasn't any soup.

WTF? I mean, how stupid and unappreciative do you have to be to act like that?

Ask anyone you know, no matter what their job, if they frequently receive free food where they work. I doubt few people receive more than many Con-Way employees.

And maybe your service center might have more soup/foods/treats if the people responsible for providing little perks like that got thanked for it once in a while, instead of only hearing the b!tching when it's missing.

Ok, I like the soup, doughnuts, cake, cookies, whatever we get.

But at no point do I expect it, and never would I complain if I don't get anything like that.

At no time during the application or hiring process was free food mentioned as a benefit.

Make no mistake, I appreciate what we get. I go out of my way to thank the SCM and the Personnel guy when we get stuff, but it pi$$es me off when last week, we had soup/chili 3 days in a row, then the 4th day, when we didn't have it, all I heard was guys complaining that there wasn't any soup.

WTF? I mean, how stupid and unappreciative do you have to be to act like that?

Ask anyone you know, no matter what their job, if they frequently receive free food where they work. I doubt few people receive more than many Con-Way employees.

And maybe your service center might have more soup/foods/treats if the people responsible for providing little perks like that got thanked for it once in a while, instead of only hearing the b!tching when it's missing.

amen, well said. when i first came to Con-way, i could not believe we got free coffee.... Character and respect....it goes both ways.

Mine sits in the breakroom along side the "employee of the month" voting box...we open it every week...I usually get about 2-3 a month, none having to do with Macaroni & Cheese, but there are some pretty entertaining, explicit, and really good suggestions...we have implemented alot of good stuff out of that box..some of the more explicit stuff we have to take a pass on...

As I have stated and implied many times , if
more CNW employees that post here , were to be as fortunate to work under the enviornment you choose to provide , the majority of posts on
the CNW threads here would reflect quite differantly .

Just4Thought

suggestion20boxhr7.jpg

Here is a suggested suggestion box .. it has duel purposes .. you can use it to serve soup also ..

WOW! Forget my inquiry into suggestion boxes. I didn't realize we already have some........but a few don't work and people keep using them anyways.

Utilizing an operational suggestion box, I offer up a monster suggestion every day. And then I make a secret wish.