FedEx Freight | 2007 Rasies

FredEx :1036316054:

You East guys are running a little behind.
The West pay raise went into effect as of 5/20.
Also yesterday all West employees got their
"Your 2006 Personalized Benefit Statement"
sent to their homes. It includes the total cost to FXF for having you on the payroll.

:smilie_132:

That is interesting, what are they worried about, contract negotiations:hysterical: ?

Ok Daredevil what about all the linehaul drivers working days 9 or 10 hours a day and making $1500 a week this company needs to do something about the difference and by the way Daredevil go ahead and leave if they were to do it I bet you would not do it we need to get along as a group of drivers daredevil you are doing just what the company wants divide and conquer peace man i am out of here

The two jobs are very different and should be compensated as such. Just think of it as a shift differential. Most LH is done at night...they don't call it the graveyard for nothing. If you do P&D during the day you meet and associate with real people when they are awake. you drink you 1st cup of coffee in the am, and close your eyes when it gets dark. Just like normal humans do. No I probably would'nt leave because of that, but if you think that would'nt divide us further you'd better think again. Peace

calling the gap in pay a night diff is b.s. most company pay between 50 and 75 cents per hour for night diff not 15,00 to 30,000 a year.
heres what i don't understand why would you line guys be so pissed if city drivers made more money?why do you feel that you have to make so much more than us.i know its night time when you work and it puts you on a odd schedule but keep this in mind.linehaul isn't as bad as it was in the past.you guyshave all this new technoligy to make it a pretty easy job with the exception of the schedule.think about it you guys get the best equipment all with air ride a/c cd players plus you have your cbs and cell phone you also have your sirius or xm you don't have to work the dock if you bid to do so.
do you guys just think your better than us city drivers?
some of you were forced into linehaul because of the money so your thinking is because you didn't make enough as a city driver nobody should.
in our parking lot during the day if you look around at the cars it looks like a trucking company at night if you look around at the cars it look like the new york yankees drive our trucks at night.
rather than getting pissed off if we city drivers get a good raise what if you were happy for us.:chairshot:

14wheeler said:
heres what i don't understand why would you line guys be so pissed if city drivers made more money?why do you feel that you have to make so much more than us.

I wouldn't be pissed, but my only point was and is that it should be for the same hours not 40 vs 60

Like I said before, I make a little over 1600-1650 gross for 60 hrs

currently city is 1443.4 for the same 60 so the difference is about 200 a week

23 an hour works out to 1610 for a 60 hr week, so there you have it, the true differential is 2.38 an hour.

So bring city to 23 an hour and have different bids (some long days and some short, kinda like our runs) if you have the seniority to hold a long bid then take it and make as much as a road driver, but you can't just up and go home early cause you want to, just as a road driver must complete his day so should you, then it would be fair, well except for the whole not sleeping with your family thing but we'll for go that one this time..

FM

calling the gap in pay a night diff is b.s. most company pay between 50 and 75 cents per hour for night diff not 15,00 to 30,000 a year.
heres what i don't understand why would you line guys be so pissed if city drivers made more money?why do you feel that you have to make so much more than us.i know its night time when you work and it puts you on a odd schedule but keep this in mind.linehaul isn't as bad as it was in the past.you guyshave all this new technoligy to make it a pretty easy job with the exception of the schedule.think about it you guys get the best equipment all with air ride a/c cd players plus you have your cbs and cell phone you also have your sirius or xm you don't have to work the dock if you bid to do so.
some of you were forced into linehaul because of the money so your thinking is because you didn't make enough as a city driver nobody should.
in our parking lot during the day if you look around at the cars it looks like a trucking company at night if you look around at the cars it look like the new york yankees drive our trucks at night.
rather than getting pissed off if we city drivers get a good raise what if you were happy for us.:chairshot:

As FamilyMan has tried to explain till he's turned blue in the face is figure it out hour for hour and its NOT as much different as you like to keep suggesting, Now i'm kind of curious if you P&D drivers would work 20 extra hours a week for straight pay? NOT time and a half? We linehaul/road drivers do!! Or wait maybe that 15,000 to 20,000 more a year is OUR time and a half for the 20+ hours a week overtime we put in. Of course those that only want to see thier side of it will not understand the logic in what i just said but those that really take the time to think about it will understand. :1036316054:

If i were making $1500 a week for the same 40 hours that a P&D driver makes $900 for, then i would agree that it needed to be changed, but if that P&D driver puts in 60 hours and 20 of those are time and a half he's making close to what im making for the SAME 60 hours, within $100 dollars difference, and that my friend is fair night shift differential! weather you want to admit it or not. :duh:

And as you see FM beat me to it HaHa!!

The two jobs are very different and should be compensated as such. Just think of it as a shift differential. Most LH is done at night...they don't call it the graveyard for nothing. If you do P&D during the day you meet and associate with real people when they are awake. you drink you 1st cup of coffee in the am, and close your eyes when it gets dark. Just like normal humans do. No I probably would'nt leave because of that, but if you think that would'nt divide us further you'd better think again. Peace

gee your right on the point the two jobs are very different!

straight line drivers AKA line haul they hook drive from point A to point B, drop some work the dock and the rehook and point A to Point B

CDSA's have to hook to single and doubles
drive to points A, B, C, D, E, F, G, etc. and hit between 20 and 40 dock a day, some times breaking that day set at every stop.
put up with all the pissed off customers get JOM'S and try to find some time somewhere in there between the 3 and 4 hours for a lunch.
deal with dispatch all day.
did i leave anything out?
so if we all made the same hourly pay or per mile pay who really comes out ahead? no really I would like to know!:chairshot: :chairshot:

this horse is dead for christs sake leave the poor bastard alone for crying out loud !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also when things are slow I see city trucks sitting under bridges, behind stores ( not at docks), at hamburger joints, and what have reading books or napping. I know when I was working p&d I could stop and do an errand or a little shopping or what have you. I also realize that this only happens when things were slow you could do these things. I gather that these days the city may not have these opportunities or may not be allowed. Then there are weeks were you barely have time for lunch, although I hear you do have to take your thirty minutes no matter what. One day a boss told me after a perticularly hard day that the desk jockies often ate lunch at their desks to which I replied I did too, but my desk was round, slightly slanted, and moved around a lot. More than once I have seen office types leave early to run an errands or come in late. That is one thing linehaul can not to. Imagine L/H saying I'll do that little thing I got to do at my lunch break.

straight line drivers AKA line haul they hook drive from point A to point B, drop some work the dock and the rehook and point A to Point B

drive to points A, B, C, D, E, F, G, etc. and hit between 20 and 40 dock a day, some times breaking that day set at every stop.
put up with all the pissed off customers get JOM'S and try to find some time somewhere in there between the 3 and 4 hours for a lunch.
so if we all made the same hourly pay or per mile pay who really comes out ahead? no really I would like to know!:chairshot: :chairshot:

Yeah you did back in my air freight days I take a loaded trailer drive to a city and make ten to twelve drops and then make several pickups to return to home base, so I did the road, the city, then road again. This was like from ALT to NYC. So it was Sunday nite to Friday nite. Not super trucker just a poor boy making a living and having fun.

"Some" of you newer people might choose to forget that most line haul people were at one time city drivers... "some" of you act just like our puppy,,,, "I want what you've got",,, but when he gets it,, its not that great.... Now I see it coming,,, pay the shipping and I'll send you a box of kleenex....

Please, I've done both jobs and you paint a pretty bleak picture. All in all if I could get this "P&D raise" go back to my spot in the batting order with my old run...I'd do it in the blink of an eye. I had my regular coffee/ lunch stops, joking with customer and other P&D guys at the dock, oh yeah and the girls look much prettier in the daylight. Your daily schedule looks pretty rigorous though if you do all that in the course of your day then I can't blame you for being cranky.

I agree with you and I also would geuss that about 50 percent of our linehaul is days anyways plus I think you guys have a very important job to do and I think there is nothing wrong with equal compensation

I wouldn't be pissed, but my only point was and is that it should be for the same hours not 40 vs 60

Like I said before, I make a little over 1600-1650 gross for 60 hrs

currently city is 1443.4 for the same 60 so the difference is about 200 a week

23 an hour works out to 1610 for a 60 hr week, so there you have it, the true differential is 2.38 an hour.

So bring city to 23 an hour and have different bids (some long days and some short, kinda like our runs) if you have the seniority to hold a long bid then take it and make as much as a road driver, but you can't just up and go home early cause you want to, just as a road driver must complete his day so should you, then it would be fair, well except for the whole not sleeping with your family thing but we'll for go that one this time..

FM

how dare you compare your pay to mine based on me getting 60 hours a week!!!! its just not offered to us city guys because they give all dock hours to you line haul guys.
you guys make a great living and work hard for i can't take anything away from you guys for that and i also understand you guys give up daytime hours to do so ,but again whatwe city drivers do is no walk in the park either and if you think about it we give up are days to because we start at 930 and get done at 1810 thats the bulk of the day so we cant get anything done either.
i don't think linehaul should make less than what they do but i do know that city should make more than we do!
if i'm only getting 40 hours why should a linehaul driver get 460 miles a nite plus 18 hours of dock? please explain how thats fair.
i guess because you work night its more important for food to be on your table than mine!
i know i know i don't agree with the majority so i guess i'll get a warnig for this post and having an opinion diffrent than others.and i also know that i misspelled alot of stuff and left out other thing but keep in mind i have been drinking heavily!

how dare you compare your pay to mine based on me getting 60 hours a week!!!! its just not offered to us city guys because they give all dock hours to you line haul guys.
you guys make a great living and work hard for i can't take anything away from you guys for that and i also understand you guys give up daytime hours to do so ,but again whatwe city drivers do is no walk in the park either and if you think about it we give up are days to because we start at 930 and get done at 1810 thats the bulk of the day so we cant get anything done either.
i don't think linehaul should make less than what they do but i do know that city should make more than we do!
if i'm only getting 40 hours why should a linehaul driver get 460 miles a nite plus 18 hours of dock? please explain how thats fair.
i guess because you work night its more important for food to be on your table than mine!
i know i know i don't agree with the majority so i guess i'll get a warnig for this post and having an opinion diffrent than others.and i also know that i misspelled alot of stuff and left out other thing but keep in mind i have been drinking heavily!

That's the 2nd time you mentioned getting a warning for a post, you don't get warnings for posting opinions even if they differ from a mod or admin, we are also board members and have opinions, as you can see Smoke and I apparently differ on this topic for as I said hr for hr we ARE compensated almost equally, ya'll act like there's a huge difference based on the same hrs, there's NOT! LOL

More important for food on my table than yours ?? Where did that come from, maybe your right, one to many.

I would venture to say most line drivers want nothing to do with dock work, out of STL there are only a few that work the dock that aren't required to do so. I do so only to try and get turned around quicker and go home, and it's nowhere close to 18 hrs, more like 5-7.

One more time, what they really need to do is force city to work longer hrs so they make more, of course then they'd complain about that.

While your working 9-6 I'm sleeping, then I wave hi to everyone on my way out the door while you get home eat with the family ( sounds like both breakfast and dinner) and actually sleep in the same bed as your wife (or significant other) at the same time, not on rotating shifts.

Heck, I want 1600 for running 300 miles a night with 1 hr of dock time, that should be about 40 hrs a week, now we both want something for nothing...:hide:

Gotta go, everyones getting up and I just got home, time for bed, man I got it made....

FM