FedEx Freight | 2007 Rasies

Try being on the extra board...
work nites one day days the next, virtually have to be available 10 hours after you left... can't enjoy a beer except on the weekends because you may get called to work

This is how alot of my weeks have went for this year, tell me how much of this you want.

Sunday night sleep as normal person
Monday Morn call to see if there is a run, no run available... go back to sleep about 12 pm because you may get a call at 6pm to work...
Monday Nite Nothing available so you get up a few hours but have to take a nap again about 12 midnite because they may call you off the hub ...
Tuesday Morn , no run off hub so it's 6 am and they have nothing again, so basically you have been chained to the house for 16+ hours of your day or close to it.
Go back to sleep about 12 noon because u know somebody is off that night... getting hard to sleep though because you have been around the house for 2 days now sleeping weird hours and sitting at home while purchase loads roll.

working a regular schedule is far more important than money to me, I would go back to my city job in a flash if I could and I have atleast 9 drivers below me on the "BOARD SENIORITY" thing.

oH YEA.... I bid on it so no whining right?

Comparing road to city is comparing apples to oranges. We could argue comparisons and differences all day. What if they made both sides equal.......
Do away with milelage pay. All drivers paid by the hour and held at 40.
Would mean more drivers hired. Would help the economy and put laid off drivers back on the road.
Most if not all road drivers would be on four day a week schedules.
More home time with families for road drivers.
Less hours and less stress would mean safer drivers.
Less hours and less stress would mean healthier drivers. Might lower health care costs.
Would put a whole new spin on the one board arguments........
Now that should get things strirred up on here..........

Comparing road to city is comparing apples to oranges. We could argue comparisons and differences all day. What if they made both sides equal.......
Would mean more drivers hired. Would help the economy and put laid off drivers back on the road.
Less hours and less stress would mean healthier drivers. Might lower health care costs.

one board...equal pay.. i think at our barn there would be a bunch of day time city drivers complaining about being bumped to nights..:realmad:

FredEx :1036316054:
If you quit and went on welfare look at all the home time you could have.
You have it 180 degrees backwards trying to put line drivers on 40 hours a week.
The real problem is that city drivers can't make enough money just working 40 hours a week. And since many states require to pay overtime for anything over 40 hours that freezes their earnings potential.
They need to pay city drivers by the mile and hourly while on any kind of delay to get around the silly 40 hour/no overtime rule. Then they could work the equivalent of 70 hours a week to get in par with linedrivers.
Got to go to work, so I'm outta here.
:smilie_132:

Ok Daredevil what about all the linehaul drivers working days 9 or 10 hours a day and making $1500 a week this company needs to do something about the difference and by the way Daredevil go ahead and leave if they were to do it I bet you would not do it we need to get along as a group of drivers daredevil you are doing just what the company wants divide and conquer peace man i am out of here

What's wrong with a line driver working days and making good bucks? It only took me 15 years of nights to get a run like that. Cry me a river about the overpaid line driver.:chairshot:

Has anyone considered risk?

Any of you city guys actually know what its like to try to change your sleep habits every 2 and 5 days to try to have a normal life on the weekends. Ever have to get by with only an hour or 2 of sleep and not have the sun to keep you going? Ever had to negotiate 100 plus miles of black ice, only to have to turn around and try and get back home. How many city drivers die or are seriously injured in traffic incidents each year? How many road drivers? How many City drivers are stuck out overnight with no change of underwear or even a toothbrush? How many road drivers? Where were all of you midwest city drivers December 1st 2006?
I bet there weren't too many of you stuck on I-80 for over 12 hours, getting food and water flown into you by the national guard, only to have to shut her down for another 10 when the road was finally opened. Besides if any of you city guys have any complaints and think the money is so good over here on the road, there's plenty of postings for road drivers across the system. Oh yeah one more thing, Half hour no pay at origin half hour give up and half hour lunch before delay eligibility at the hub. Up to 3 1/2 hour periods of not getting paid each shift. thats upto 7.5 hours of my life on standby waiting for dispatch and not getting paid every week that I have to log. Half of you city guys stop at Mickey D's every other stop and then take a lunch at the center so whah...cry me a river.

Don't get cranked off Uncle....

Any of you city guys actually know what its like to try to change your sleep habits every 2 and 5 days to try to have a normal life on the weekends. Ever have to get by with only an hour or 2 of sleep and not have the sun to keep you going? Ever had to negotiate 100 plus miles of black ice, only to have to turn around and try and get back home. How many city drivers die or are seriously injured in traffic incidents each year? How many road drivers? How many City drivers are stuck out overnight with no change of underwear or even a toothbrush? How many road drivers? Where were all of you Midwest city drivers December 1st 2006?
I bet there weren't too many of you stuck on I-80 for over 12 hours, getting food and water flown into you by the national guard, only to have to shut her down for another 10 when the road was finally opened. Besides if any of you city guys have any complaints and think the money is so good over here on the road, there's plenty of postings for road drivers across the system. Oh yeah one more thing, Half hour no pay at origin half hour give up and half hour lunch before delay eligibility at the hub. Up to 3 1/2 hour periods of not getting paid each shift. thats upto 7.5 hours of my life on standby waiting for dispatch and not getting paid every week that I have to log. Half of you city guys stop at Mickey D's every other stop and then take a lunch at the center so whah...cry me a river.

Ever have to get by with only an hour or 2 of sleep ?

Yea when I'm out drinking on a school night !

How many city drivers die or are seriously injured in traffic incidents each year?

How many of you road drivers take the chance of getting shot in the hot zone of a city that people get killed in every day and sometimes in broad daylight for no reason ? Oh ! I know ya work at night and don't see the news?

How many City drivers are stuck out overnight with no change of underwear or even a toothbrush?

City drivers are trash anyway and we don't brush our teeth and never change our underware because we can't afford to. (I never wear them)

Oh yeah one more thing, Half hour no pay at origin half hour give up and half hour lunch before delay eligibility at the hub.

I never take the 2 ten min. breaks and work through my lunch so I can get in on time ( scheduled shift ) to pick up my wife on time so she does not have to take the ghetto ridden dangerous bus home to her car. (Which dispatch thinks is a joke and could care a less if my wife is safe.) I don't think it's funny one damn bit ! Why did I bid a start time ...

Half of you city guys stop at Mickey D's every other stop and then take a lunch at the center so whah...cry me a river.

Fat chance we have Intermecs and they know where we are all the time , soon you will know what that is like too , ha , ha .....

What's wrong with a line driver working days and making good bucks? It only took me 15 years of nights to get a run like that. Cry me a river about the overpaid line driver.:chairshot:

I am a line driver for your information and I work nights but I do not understand why we all play into the hands of the purple monster lets keep bickering and back stabbing eachother and management can keep laughing at us because they know we cannot stick together because it is all about me attitude around here

Ever have to get by with only an hour or 2 of sleep ?

Yea when I'm out drinking on a school night !

How many city drivers die or are seriously injured in traffic incidents each year?

How many of you road drivers take the chance of getting shot in the hot zone of a city that people get killed in every day and sometimes in broad daylight for no reason ? Oh ! I know ya work at night and don't see the news?

How many City drivers are stuck out overnight with no change of underwear or even a toothbrush?

City drivers are trash anyway and we don't brush our teeth and never change our underware because we can't afford to. (I never wear them)

Oh yeah one more thing, Half hour no pay at origin half hour give up and half hour lunch before delay eligibility at the hub.

I never take the 2 ten min. breaks and work through my lunch so I can get in on time ( scheduled shift ) to pick up my wife on time so she does not have to take the ghetto ridden dangerous bus home to her car. (Which dispatch thinks is a joke and could care a less if my wife is safe.) I don't think it's funny one damn bit ! Why did I bid a start time ...

Half of you city guys stop at Mickey D's every other stop and then take a lunch at the center so whah...cry me a river.

Fat chance we have Intermecs and they know where we are all the time , soon you will know what that is like too , ha , ha .....

go get em smoke.
how about pulling a 48 foot trailer through the ghetto and the metro area of the city and breaking down 5 skids of paper taking the boxes up to the 17th floor
oh yeah by the way i hate mcdonalds i prefer to stop at wendys because they have a 99 cent menu

lets keep bickering and back stabbing eachother and management can keep laughing at us because they know we cannot stick together because it is all about me attitude around here
[/QUOTE]

I think you're giving management a lot of credit, our ops managers are too busy taking shots at each other to worry about what we're doing.

I have been a dockworker,city driver and am now a road driver.Most of the people I work with are good workers and people. I can honestly say that every job class I have held ,has had its rough edges.Nobody likes to break a pup full of siding, or deal with a customer who is in a bad mood,or drive all night with little sleep dodging drunks, jerks and wouldbe daredevils. All of us work TOGETHER to make it happen. I post alot about things that make me mad about management.I think they are wrong about alot.Lets not fight with each other.We should all stick together.Because in the end we all depend on the other one to do his/her job.So we can make a living.

Any of you city guys actually know what its like to try to change your sleep habits every 2 and 5 days to try to have a normal life on the weekends. Ever have to get by with only an hour or 2 of sleep and not have the sun to keep you going? Ever had to negotiate 100 plus miles of black ice, only to have to turn around and try and get back home. How many city drivers die or are seriously injured in traffic incidents each year? How many road drivers? How many City drivers are stuck out overnight with no change of underwear or even a toothbrush? How many road drivers? Where were all of you midwest city drivers December 1st 2006?

Yes I was a extra board driver for Crouse Cartage Co. For 5 yrs Left on Sunday nite got home on Sat. afternoon. I don't know why some of the road driver throw there working conditions in the city drivers face. You know about the working conditions going in. I DO BELIEVE THE ROAD SHOULD MAKE MORE THAN CITY BUT NOT 20K MORE.

What does all this have to do with the raise we are getting. Does anyone know what the raise is yet.

when times are good

we all get paid the same btw. When our city guys do xtra road runs they get mileage pay. When we get hours on P/D we get hourly. The arguments here, mine included, are not really even valid as we all get the same wage for the work performed. (I should know better than to post after a 12.5 hour shift):hide: When times are good we all have plenty of work and few complaints. My heart goes out to all the guys on both boards who are feeling the hurt right now.

Uncle Stumpy