XPO | 2008 Holiday Schedule

Dockworker

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
FYI- Now's the time to start figuring out how and where to plant a PTO day to stretch out a holiday.​

2008 UNITED STATES HOLIDAY SCHEDULE

Holiday
New Year's Day 2008
Tuesday, January 1, 2008​

Memorial Day
Monday, May 26​

Independence Day
Friday, July 4​

Labor Day
Monday, September 1​

Thanksgiving Day
Thursday, November 27​

Day After Thanksgiving
Friday, November 28​

Christmas Eve Day
Wednesday, December 24​

Christmas Day
Thursday, December 25​

New Year's Day 2009
Thursday, January 1, 2009​

Plus 5 PTO days

FYI- Now's the time to start figuring out how and where to plant a PTO day to stretch out a holiday.​

2008 UNITED STATES HOLIDAY SCHEDULE

Holiday
New Year's Day 2008
Tuesday, January 1, 2008​

Memorial Day
Monday, May 26​

Independence Day
Friday, July 4​

Labor Day
Monday, September 1​

Thanksgiving Day
Thursday, November 27​

Day After Thanksgiving
Friday, November 28​

Christmas Eve Day
Wednesday, December 24​

Christmas Day
Thursday, December 25​

New Year's Day 2009
Thursday, January 1, 2009​

Plus 5 PTO days
christmas is going to suck.they should haven given us the 25 & 26 off .

No one realized I posted a 2009 calendar. ...oops! The 2008 is still on the same link. Just click on it.

Dockworker said:
No one realized I posted a 2009 calendar. ...oops! The 2008 is still on the same link. Just click on it.
brutus said:
....fixed.
Thank you very much Brutus!:1036316054:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Dockworker said:
Do you guys still have Black Out Days?
brutus said:
yes...............
When they get announced can you post them in the first post? It might make it easier for members to figure out their strategy for next year.

pto day on 12/26/08......i feel like i'm getting sick that day!!!!:puke: --:boat:

Some people would call in sick that day and get an attendance occurrence....but guess what? They will not get paid for the holiday. :biglaugh: You need to work the work day before and the work day after a holiday.

A better and more feasible option would be to take a Lack of Work day. (Burn a PTO day if you have it).
If I'm not mistaken on Lack of Work days. Paid time has priority before unpaid time.

If anyone is planning (has scheduled) on using your 2007 paid days on Jan. 02, 03, or 04 of 2008 (right after the New Years Day) get with your TM. We just spent this week getting everyone on the same page regarding all the changes that occurred in 2007 with vacations and pto days and how they carry over or cash-out. I had scheduled 07 pto days for Jan 03 and 04 and just found out they will not apply. You must use your 08 days during this period.

I've got two vacation days left for this year.
Does anyone want to buy them from me?

Oh yes thats right I work for UPS Freight so I'd have to take my days,and come over to your barn,to take your place.

I would have to clear this with the terminal manager at the Con-Way barn of the highest bidder.

Well then what am I bid for my last two days?

I've got two vacation days left for this year.
Does anyone want to buy them from me?

Oh yes thats right I work for UPS Freight so I'd have to take my days,and come over to your barn,to take your place.

I would have to clear this with the terminal manager at the Con-Way barn of the highest bidder.

Well then what am I bid for my last two days?

I have two weeks vacation an one pto day left for this year.My con-way days are worth more.:hysterical:

Well you can't fault me for trying to make a few extra bucks around the holidays.

But your right your time is worth way more than mine seeing you work for Conway.
You could get a much higher bid then me for my time.