ODFL | 2018

Dont worry about it now Billylly..Gay Guy just PULLED it out of the Mayors Race..Gee, I wonder why if all the actuations are false? LOL

Dont worry about it now Billylly..Gay Guy just PULLED it out of the Mayors Race..Gee, I wonder why if all the actuations are false? LOL

The new trash lining up don't look much more promising. When I'm retired I'm gonna be far away from this hell hole.

So does anyone know why we are buying so many trucks this year, I mean did they get an end of model year discount? COH sound like is getting 130 freightliner 20-30 KW and aslo few Volvo and is replacing it's entire fleet, even P&D. That's insane. I am hearing they pull slightly better. The complaints are that the gear ::shit:: is back farther and sloppy, feel like you're reaching for the passenger seat. We have had 2 drivers had the automatic braking come on. One had the cruise on and it slammed on the brakes when he hit a seam crossing on to a bridge, the other did not have the cruise on and there was nothing and no one around. Been 3 break downs out of about the 20 that have been put into service. Not sure what the issues on the break downs are, but the 2 that have auto braked have been sent to the dealership.

So does anyone know why we are buying so many trucks this year, I mean did they get an end of model year discount? COH sound like is getting 130 freightliner 20-30 KW and aslo few Volvo and is replacing it's entire fleet, even P&D. That's insane. I am hearing they pull slightly better. The complaints are that the gear :::shit::: is back farther and sloppy, feel like you're reaching for the passenger seat. We have had 2 drivers had the automatic braking come on. One had the cruise on and it slammed on the brakes when he hit a seam crossing on to a bridge, the other did not have the cruise on and there was nothing and no one around. Been 3 break downs out of about the 20 that have been put into service. Not sure what the issues on the break downs are, but the 2 that have auto braked have been sent to the dealership.
Everything you said is true. They pull better then the 16's for sure and you get a little more leg room. Mine has been down for a week already. Seat is 100% better. My auto braking has gone off but no braking occurred. I like the gear shift father back. Keeps the guys who like to take 2 hour naps from running it.

Everything you said is true. They pull better then the 16's for sure and you get a little more leg room. Mine has been down for a week already. Seat is 100% better. My auto braking has gone off but no braking occurred. I like the gear shift father back. Keeps the guys who like to take 2 hour naps from running it.

Noticed that 18s are the same as 17s except for the PeopleNet being a tablet now and adaptive cruise control. As far as power goes, my 2013 can pull an empty rocky set up Sherman faster than a 2017/2018 can pull an empty pup set :tr10driving03:

Not a great pic, but here it is. A buddy drives in and out of Kennworth in Chillicothe, OH delivering parts for manufacturing. He recognized some OD trucks starting to roll off the line the last couple weeks. I guess production has been slow lately because they haven't been able to get in enough steer axles to build them. Looks like he's proving Kenneth right on the 50 on order. Sounds like the are being divided between COH and IND. He said the were Cummins. Liking that they now have the nice plastic rectangle hood mirrors instead of those cheap looking round metal ones. No word on 10 speed or auto.
N7yMzo0.jpg

I hope we get some in ATL, we are bad short on tractors.
Song,One of our long time driver's transferred down to ATW and he could not believe how bad equipment is down there and he also said how short they are on equipment.Has many new tractor's they are buying.There should not be any ? On equipment.

Last edited:
The problem is they keep sending tractors to places that don't need them. We've been screaming for twin screws for about 2 years now. Then we get eight 2016 & 17's all with less then 70,000 miles on them from WIC and PAR. I guess the mountains in Kansas are bigger then I thought. Screw the guys who need them for RMD's , our city guys need them to get out of that dock!!!

Song,One of our long time driver's transferred down to ATW and he could not believe how bad equipment is down there and he also said how short they are on equipment.Has many new tractor's they are buying.There should not be any ? On equipment.

Word I've gotten is that they've sent a lot of our '15s and 16's to the EOLs because of how long they had to hold onto the older units, which the new trucks are now replacing in the fleet. The number of trucks in the fleet hasn't grown all that much, just replacing worn out equipment.