Yellow | 2019! It's On!

all YRCW has to do to get the regional employees to vote yes is to... threaten to blend them in with YRC Freight! Thats the main reason YRCW has 4 LTL CARRIERS AND NOT JUST 1... to control the employees
I may be out of touch but this post makes no sense to me at all.....sorry but that's my opinion! I always thought it was because William D. Zollars had some sort of grand vision?

all YRCW has to do to get the regional employees to vote yes is to... threaten to blend them in with YRC Freight! Thats the main reason YRCW has 4 LTL CARRIERS AND NOT JUST 1... to control the employees
I thought is was because of Deutsche Bank, or was it Deutsche Post??

I may be out of touch but this post makes no sense to me at all.....sorry but that's my opinion! I always thought it was because William D. Zollars had some sort of grand vision?
its all ready happened once before with new penn...new penn voted no and YRCW came back and said fine .we will make you part of Holland,YRCW had another vote and new penn voted yes

Last edited:
And Yrcw was bleeding so much red ink that those creditors were through.The new investors were only going to take the risk on their terms hence the contract changes.
How long would you continue to lend to someone that was losing more than a million dollars per week?
Forever, if there weren't alternatives..."any day above ground is a good day" (YRCW is now a $5.5 b company, plenty there for lenders who didn't bail and lose their shirt)

Accounts receivable, lots and lots of valuable real estate..Holland Atlanta is 155 doors and is not leased and there are several more.
I couldn't take a guess as to how many tractors, trailers, dollies, forklifts, office equipment, computers, shop equipment and parts ect.are at Yellow, Holland,New Penn and Reddaway if they decided to auction off.

They sold stuff off for a couple years at C.F and YRCW is a giant compared to them.

The biggest thing to me if I were a lender would be to stop the bleeding and cut my losses.

Keep in mind though, this was about obtaining new financing and the money loaned would be on their terms.
The problem with our so called assets sale would be the fact that the assets are not worth anything. The equipment that we actually do own besides the far and few newer equipment trickling in is that for the most part junk.

85% plus percent of the tractors and trailers currently put on the road each day in the YRCW family of companies are rust buckets. They do not hold much more value than the scrap metal that they are on the open market. Sure you could sell off a percentage of the newer ones, but with the EPA reg's all the old ones would be of no value in the States.

The age of the fleet alone is a huge liability over all. At some point real soon it all needs to be replaced due to regulations. This corporation does not have the line of credit nor does it have the funds to do so in the manner needed to comply with federally mandated regulations. Sure we will get grandfathered in for much of it for a period of time, but even that swan song comes to an end soon.

As for the technology assets: YRC as well as the regional's are running antiqued systems in 2017 compared to its competitors. Even the "newest" of the new that is rolled out is years behind, so that really holds little value except for the recycling industry.

The forklifts and shop equipment are tired and worn out for the most part as well. Sure there are some newer equipment through the system from tractors to lifts, but as a whole our so called "assets" hold little resale value.

Take for example the fact that they are having to put in the ELOG ports into tractors that have dashboards that are falling apart. The ELOG tech alone is worth more than many of the tractors it is being installed into.

The roulette game this company plays with putting equipment on the road each and every day that should have been retired long ago is going to come to a fatal juncture at some point. You and I along with the mechanics can only verify that the equipment is safe to a certain extent. The age, stresses over the years, weather fluctuations, and lack of general maintenance due to reductions in budgets has made the vast majority of the equipment a ticking time bomb for an eventual fatality.

So let's look at the BIG picture besides the main concerns we have going into 2019:

YRCW and it's entire family of companies has so much going against it right now. It may just be a ship so far off course that it can not really be turned around. I am not saying these things in jest or out of spite, I am pointing out some real realities here that we all can observe if we really wanted to.

The entire game that YRCW as a whole has been playing is coming to a head.

As mentioned the equipment alone is a huge liability and overall needs replacement. Sure they are replacing some of the overall fleet, but not at the pace that is required for such an old fleet. When you look around all the non's are replacing and upgrading their fleets while YRCW is not in a position financially to do so even with the give backs/ pay reductions.

This alone can break the back of this corporation with the Fedral mandates currently in place regarding EPA standards and reg's.

Now add in the fact that the operating structure of the company as well as the technology in 2017 is years behind its closest competitors, this alone makes it very difficult to complete in today's market. Relying on size of company alone without drastic overhaul of the entire system will not carry this company forward. To make the major changes needed drastic measures would need to occur and quite frankly there are to many hurdles that would have to be overcome to do so from labor, to management, financial.

For the most part this company is running on cruise control at the moment, but the off ramp is fast approaching.

Under what we have right now the company is in the position to negotiate at the reduced wage rate as well as reduced pension package. The Union (and I am not trying to bash it) is hamstrung in so many ways since it's major majority of freight members resided in the YRCW host of companies to capitulate in favor of what the company demands.

Sure we will hear all the bluster and such from the Union and even from our fellow members about how in 19' we are going to get back everything we lost or we walk. The reality though is quite different when you really step back and examine it.... sure I want us to get back to even the starting line of the 2008 contract and negotiate up from there, but this company as well as the Union is no where it needs to be to even get us to that starting line.

BTW I have voted NO for every concession along the way so no I am not a company man nor anti Union. I am a realist that is looking at the overall picture, and that picture is bleak.

We have an aging workforce overall to boot. So many of us have stuck around buying our time while the company has had a very difficult time getting new blood into the mix. This is also a huge liability in the long run as well, and we all know the factors involved for the reasons that they are having such a hard time replacing and expanding the workforce.

When you examine the fact that the company will come to the table negotiating from what we currently have with the 15% wage reduction as well as all the other things like the pension and vacation time reduction as their starting line, they have a lot more leverage than the Union going in since they have already gotten this over the ten year period. Much of the current workforce was hired on post giveback so this is what they accepted when hired. Sure we tell them what it was like before January of 2009, and tell them what "it could be like again", but for them the reality is what they came on as and have agreed to work under since.

The new hires for the most part are straight out of driving school and have no real clue what all the vet's had to go through to even be considered to work for Yellow, Roadway, or Holland in the past. They are greatful to get what we consider crap wages and benefits straight out of the shoot. No matter how much we "educate" them they are not really in the same positions as many of us are in wanting to possibly go on strike since they got it made being able to start with the wages they are being offered currently..

Last point: The Borrower IS SLAVE To The Lender

YRCW is a slave to its lender and the Union in regards to freight for the most part is slave to its cash flow in YRCW. Hate me all you want on this fact, but it really is when you break it down to the nitty gritty!

The question folks how many of us are debt free or even close to debt free in our personal lives? How many of us over the last 8yrs learned to downsize and live below our means?

The coming 2019 contract will be a blood bath one way or another and the reality is the vast majority of people are slaves to one lender or another and don't really have a large supply of emergency funds set aside. Don't be fooled for one minute the company understands this and so does the Union and they will do what is in the best interest for both of their bottom lines in 2019 no matter what is said to you and I... just look at 2014 and how we were supposed to get it back in 15' as an example.

Not trying to be a smart ass but,how in the hell do we know what they are going to offer us?

And other than equal sacrifice which some would argue what are the lies?
Never take the first offer. It's like buying a car and just saying yes to the first offer the salesman gives you.

Never take the first offer. It's like buying a car and just saying yes to the first offer the salesman gives you.
Or wait for the scam vote next go around.You know the excuse they gave us from the first no vote result."not everyone got all the info so we need another vote"The union executed the scam flawlessly

Or wait for the scam vote next go around.You know the excuse they gave us from the first no vote result."not everyone got all the info so we need another vote"The union executed the scam flawlessly
And the scam will work again. Take a pole of how many workers @ your terminal will pick up a sign & walk a picket line to achieve more money? And how long will they stay & for how much? The answer will separate the no from the yes votes. von.

Heck they never took a strike vote with carhaul until the last (3rd) time when it finally said if you vote no and contract fails you will be on strike. Took us over 18 month's but at least we didn't fall too hard, the 1600 signing bonus is carp and we lost that money for the first year never to be regained. So stand tall guy's it can be done stay safe

Already hearing our contract will be along the lines with ABF. I'm sure that will also be -15 percent. I hope they buy a lot of padlocks,I for one don't want to start all over but, It is time to put up or shut up for the company.The management at Holland is pathetic,they hire what ever walks thru the door with a pulse.If management can have their concessions back so can we or shut the damn doors period.

Already hearing our contract will be along the lines with ABF. I'm sure that will also be -15 percent. I hope they buy a lot of padlocks,I for one don't want to start all over but, It is time to put up or shut up for the company.The management at Holland is pathetic,they hire what ever walks thru the door with a pulse.If management can have their concessions back so can we or shut the damn doors period.
Ha.
Follow the freight.
:17142: