Yellow | 211 and 120 Downsizing and closing "rumor"

wish we could send them they have started packin them in our parking lots running out of room. our inbound screwed up our outbound screwed up and now the yard.
if you stack it is not unusaul to have 2 or 3 different destinations in your bay ,they keep switching things on a computer then forget to change things on dock so you end up with 3 or 4 destinations all in one bay example . stackin 431(memphis) you will have califorina freight and st louis freight and texas freight in the memphis bay our freight flow manager has pulled a huge boner on this one i am guessing maybe hundreds of misloads and other things all from a compter guy who is suppose to make things work better. the full timers are doing there best to control it but we have about 60 or more new guys flooding the place(casuals) and they do not know better. i will change my opinoin from chaos to total mayhem.its almost like we where doing good then they stuck there foot out to trip us.

Docksteward said:
Hey stacker....by the looks of your post, things must be looking better there. We got a guy down here.....Joey T., that came from 120. I heard the call board was pretty big up there. DS.
Joey T? You mean the Turtle!

211 mutt said:
Hey CR send some of those pups over here to 211! We are desperate for pups!
Same here with the overtime, Up to 12hrs a day along with 6 punches every week and 7 punches most of the time.
Hey mutt, bet the LOSER works all of it, he always was a freight *****!

serta said:
Hey DS did you say earlier that they are going to hire more drivers there?
Who knows what they are going to do??:biglaugh: But seriously....I do know that the board is exhausted quickly every week. Freight levels are supposed to grow as this "hub" service starts to catch on. 671 is seeing lots of more "through loads" than before. If I hear anything, I'll let you know. DS

Turtle

stacker said:
DS That's him
Yea, that's him!! As soon as he walked into the break room tonight, I hit him with it!! He stopped and gave me a funny look. He seems to be a OK guy.:cool: DS.

in cincinnati at the dispatch window theres a memo posted saying that due to way freight is running they want us to take planned time off on the weekends. were dead on the weekends any more and run like crazy during the week

its strange after all these years of running the weekends, for the boss to say that. but look around and see whos working the weekends any more. you rarely see fedex freight or conway any more

serta said:
wonder if I could go there under article 5?
Over-the-road employees, who are on letter of layoff, shall be given an opportunity to transfer to permanent over-the-road employment (prior to the employment of new hires) occurring at other over-the-road domiciles of the Employer located within the Regional area provided they notify the Employer in writing of their interest in a transfer opportunity. I suspect that if 671 does hire, the dock, p+d and switchers will cross over to the road. Just depends of how many, If any they want to add. DS.

hello, my name is deaconb and i am a 5yr. dock worker at 431 memphis has there been
any rumors about memphis being they dont tell us anything but my prayers are with all of us.

Docksteward said:
Yea, that's him!! As soon as he walked into the break room tonight, I hit him with it!! He stopped and gave me a funny look. He seems to be a OK guy.:cool: DS.
lol, told ya. Wonder if he was trying to escape that name?

stacker said:
DS, I warned you about him, now you know why he's not allowed back at 120.
Hey stacker......Lubey says now he's thinking about transfering out of 671??? Says he's got family in Las Vegas or thinking about Phenoix. What's up with that?? I did hear you can't leave your car running around him, or he'll drive off in it!!:duh: DS.

deaconb said:
hello, my name is deaconb and i am a 5yr. dock worker at 431 memphis has there been
any rumors about memphis being they dont tell us anything but my prayers are with all of us.
Hey deaconb.......Is Bill H. still the district guy up there?? We had him in D03 for a while. Welcome to the boards!! DS.

Docksteward said:
Hey stacker......Lubey says now he's thinking about transfering out of 671??? Says he's got family in Las Vegas or thinking about Phenoix. What's up with that?? I did hear you can't leave your car running around him, or he'll drive off in it!!:duh: DS.
That's true When he leaves the coffee shop he gets in any car and goes to work. He took alot of heat over that one. I guess he wore out his welcome at 671.

Wait till he does some electrical work in his house and shuts the power down to the whole neighborhood. "again"