XPO | 26yrs down the drain

I don't know, I'm usually one who says "follow the rules" and I usually don't have a whole lot of patience for this kind of thing, but this one just doesn't upset me.

Last edited by a moderator:
True story....When I was like 5 or so, I spray painted the wall of my Grandfathers neighbors house. It was a dumb thing to do. I'm glad my parents didn't throw the book at me and put me in a foster home. I'm sure there would be some people who thought that they surly should have... To teach me a lesson.

wow i was a bit shocked with the responses in the first page , but the last few post i will side with. the guy did something stupid yes . We ALL have done that kinda stupid crap in our lives at least once. and not as kids , probably in our adult lives too. its called being a human being. he should maybe get a suspension and probation for a while. but if u ask me big f-n deal its a fork lift. get a can of primer and black paint and respray the area. bet it will be fed up any way in a week. for the people that responded in the first page with no mercy i would like to ask if you get the same level of perfection from your bosses? i bet they never screw up / f-up and do they get fired or does a blind eye happen? or just the drivers need to be in this perfect world where if they screw up its off with your head with a samuri sword?

Spray paint can be removed. A little polishing compound, or B12Chemtool.

Yes it can, right after the blood is wiped up. If I caught a 20+ year employee doing this, I'd have no issue giving them the boot.

If he has that little respect for my property, what else is he doing when no one is watching?

We may never know the full story on this guy. His file may have other paper in it, we don't have the full story.

wow i was a bit shocked with the responses in the first page , but the last few post i will side with. the guy did something stupid yes . We ALL have done that kinda stupid crap in our lives at least once. and not as kids , probably in our adult lives too. its called being a human being. he should maybe get a suspension and probation for a while. but if u ask me big f-n deal its a fork lift. get a can of primer and black paint and respray the area. bet it will be fed up any way in a week. for the people that responded in the first page with no mercy i would like to ask if you get the same level of perfection from your bosses? i bet they never screw up / f-up and do they get fired or does a blind eye happen? or just the drivers need to be in this perfect world where if they screw up its off with your head with a samuri sword?

There are accidents and then there are blatent acts of ignorance. It's hard to be compasionate about someone that was so callous. Like many have said, we don't know the full story. If he was told to fix it. Or if he copped an attitude. Or he was being otherwise foolish. And this was just the final act of his cry for attention.

This wasn't something like accidently bumping the garbage can on the dock, accidently poking forks through some freight, walking away from the forklift with the forks raised. This was a blatant attempt at vandalizing a piece of equipment. He wasn't a newbie with a few months or even a couple years in, he was a 26 year vet that KNOWS full well that it was wrong. It was from a veteran driver that is supposed to set an example for the newer drivers. Unfortunately for him, he did set an example, but in the wrong way.

I said it in the first page and I'll say it again, if he vandalized something I owned, I would have canned him right on the spot too.

Hes wrong, people mess up. If it's his only major thing on file maybe they will show mercy and practice grace. 26 years, ouch.

Maybe the CEO should spray paint DUMB ASS on the back of your CAR. Just saying....

Have you ever taken a few extra minutes on lunch, knowing you were "stealing time" but did it anyway? Have you ever gone over the speed limit going down a hill but let it ride knowing that you were heavy and were going to lose the momentum going up the next one? Both of these examples violate the current rules we hold in such high esteem here at ol' Con-job. Do you feel someone should get canned for either of these offenses? Or any multitude of other offenses one could find themselves on the receiving end of a pink slip around here lately? It was a joke, didn't matter, I'd even venture a guess that his spray paint job made the beat up piece of junk forklift look better. It's not like he spray painted a truck, or drilled holes in the dash, or stole company property or someone's freight... just sayin'.

By the way, I'm not saying he should get off clear on this one, he should get some form of discipline, but I just can't justify a 26 year career down the tubes for an error in judgement that didn't cost someone their life or a lot of money.

By the way, I'm not saying he should get off clear on this one, he should get some form of discipline, but I just can't justify a 26 year career down the tubes for an error in judgement that didn't cost someone their life or a lot of money.

We're assuming he had a blemish free 26 years. What if this was the last straw?

And what if someone with 3 years at Con-Way did the same thing at the same time right next to him? Should one get fired, and the other one keep his job? I don't know if we should have different standards for different people(not that it doesn't happen all the time, everywhere).