XPO | 26yrs down the drain

This wasn't something like accidently bumping the garbage can on the dock, accidently poking forks through some freight, walking away from the forklift with the forks raised. This was a blatant attempt at vandalizing a piece of equipment. He wasn't a newbie with a few months or even a couple years in, he was a 26 year vet that KNOWS full well that it was wrong. It was from a veteran driver that is supposed to set an example for the newer drivers. Unfortunately for him, he did set an example, but in the wrong way.

I said it in the first page and I'll say it again, if he vandalized something I owned, I would have canned him right on the spot too.
as a share holder I do own that piece of equipment, I say he should be gone. he delibertly did that

i think its pissy the hand got fired, but there is some kind of policey about defaceing co. property. appeal it and i think the guy will get his job back with a big slap on the hand. but there is always more to the storywhen it comes to termination, especially alongtime employee that has some kind of red x on his back, aswe all do.

Well since i am from the barn in which this happened i can say that they were looking for a reason. This guy was always hurt. Every year something would happen to him that he needed time off. Recently Nov 2011 got off forklift and twisted ankle and just recently came back nov 2012. But yeah, for the last 5 yrs he would average about 4 months off due to injury. Plus he would always say he was only working to put his only son through college. It was more like he wanted to get fired to collect.

Well since i am from the barn in which this happened i can say that they were looking for a reason. This guy was always hurt. Every year something would happen to him that he needed time off. Recently Nov 2011 got off forklift and twisted ankle and just recently came back nov 2012. But yeah, for the last 5 yrs he would average about 4 months off due to injury. Plus he would always say he was only working to put his only son through college. It was more like he wanted to get fired to collect.

So he came back in November, after a year off for a twisted ankle, then promptly defaced a forklift?

It's starting to make a little more sense.

I worked with a guy that used to get a month off in the summer, every summer. Always hurt or sick. He made a mistake. His whole file landed on the table and now he drives for someone else. I bet he still gets hurt and or sick around the same time of year.

26 years should good and well know better. Purposefully vandalizing company property is straight dismissal. No other way to see it.

Ya, I bet it really affected the performance of that lift. Some might say that a three day suspension might have been in order for a man with that kind of sevice rank. But no you are right, fire that pos, NO OTHER WAY TO SEE IT. I bet you are popular with your teammates in the club house!

Have you ever taken a few extra minutes on lunch, knowing you were "stealing time" but did it anyway? Have you ever gone over the speed limit going down a hill but let it ride knowing that you were heavy and were going to lose the momentum going up the next one? Both of these examples violate the current rules we hold in such high esteem here at ol' Con-job. Do you feel someone should get canned for either of these offenses? Or any multitude of other offenses one could find themselves on the receiving end of a pink slip around here lately? It was a joke, didn't matter, I'd even venture a guess that his spray paint job made the beat up piece of junk forklift look better. It's not like he spray painted a truck, or drilled holes in the dash, or stole company property or someone's freight... just sayin'.

Okay lets take that one at a time. First if you are stealing time and found out you will be fired. already seen it happen. Second if you go over 75mph it's a overspeed 1st one a write up,2nd a susspension 3rd your fired, these rules are already in place.
If you think it's such a good idea to spry paint the equiment then by all means go ahead, somebody will hire you. Wheather it's a truck.trailer.or forklift it's all the same.

We're assuming he had a blemish free 26 years. What if this was the last straw?

And what if someone with 3 years at Con-Way did the same thing at the same time right next to him? Should one get fired, and the other one keep his job? I don't know if we should have different standards for different people(not that it doesn't happen all the time, everywhere).

I know of a 2 year hand who did this. he is no longer with us.This should be the same outcome.

I read if you go over 75mph, 1st time loi, 2nd suspension and 3rd termination. Is that only if you get pulled over or do tractors store your speed and send it out if speed is reached. I have reached 73a couple times going down hill so i was just wondering

I read if you go over 75mph, 1st time loi, 2nd suspension and 3rd termination. Is that only if you get pulled over or do tractors store your speed and send it out if speed is reached. I have reached 73a couple times going down hill so i was just wondering

I thought it was 70. The freightliner will let you know if you hit 70.

A 26 yr vet from our barn got fired Friday for spray painting a newer fork lift. He thought it would be funny to spray ass on the back but didn't even bother to look around and see that out or f.o.m waswatchin. Guys be alert

Vandalizing company equipment, and got caught. The dummy did it to himself.

I've never had a problem with speeding. Just ease down on the brakes when the warning light comes on. The Freightliners with engine brakes make it even easier.