FedEx Freight | 2nd Job

Call it what ever you wan't MagicMan, Fedex has policys against it, so when you do it and they find out and you find yourself in the unemployment line , Remember it was "YOUR OWN BUSINESS" my friend.
:smilie_132: Fedex policy of moonlighting stipulates that as long as whatever doen`t interfer with the job hours that you are assigned and that the job is not in direct competition w/ fxf, then there is no problem and you can do whatever you want. again, whatever you do keep it to yourself:hide:

Call it what ever you wan't MagicMan, Fedex has policys against it, so when you do it and they find out and you find yourself in the unemployment line , Remember it was "YOUR OWN BUSINESS" my friend.
Pocketchange, what exactly does the policy stipulate in regards to off duty time or moonlighting ?:hide:

Pocketchange, what exactly does the policy stipulate in regards to off duty time or moonlighting ?:hide:

kikbxr, fedex freight policy states as stated above that fulltime employees can not also work for any direct competitor (that being any other ltl company) due to conflict of interest, and any other employment that is compensated must be logged on a daily log (if you are a driver), But as we all know that is also federal D.O.T policy also. And the employment can not interfere with your work at Fedex freight.

By logging the other employment you are informing Fedex freight of that employment.

I have many thoughts but for now just one..It is sad that we are all suppose to be free men living in a free society, a free country, and as every year goes by, I find we are losing our freedom, little by little.

By logging the other employment you are informing Fedex freight of that employment.[/QUOTE]

My friend, DOT rules require you to log all time at any and all jobs in any and all industries in your log book, and supply copies of those logs to both FXF and to any other employer in our industry. Even if you work for Mickey D's flippin' burgers part time, that counts against your hours of service at FxF. It also counts against your 14 on any given day, and against your log resetting on your days off. Don't believe? Ask the FMCSA, they'll be glad to explain it.

West has a policy that requires you to request permission to work another job in any capacity anywhere, yes, even Mickey D's. The time has to be logged accurately, and cannot interfere with your work assignments at FxFw.

You're allowed 70 hours between resets at all compensated employment, not just employment in the truck.

Jeff:hide:

By logging the other employment you are informing Fedex freight of that employment.

My friend, DOT rules require you to log all time at any and all jobs in any and all industries in your log book, and supply copies of those logs to both FXF and to any other employer in our industry. Even if you work for Mickey D's flippin' burgers part time, that counts against your hours of service at FxF. It also counts against your 14 on any given day, and against your log resetting on your days off. Don't believe? Ask the FMCSA, they'll be glad to explain it.

West has a policy that requires you to request permission to work another job in any capacity anywhere, yes, even Mickey D's. The time has to be logged accurately, and cannot interfere with your work assignments at FxFw.

You're allowed 70 hours between resets at all compensated employment, not just employment in the truck.

Jeff:hide:[/QUOTE]

I Believe thats exactly what i said there good buddy, If your a driver at Fedex you are required to log all compensated work on your daily log, Your too fast to start correcting people that you dont take the time to see that what they said is correct also just not in your words. :hide:

:hide:
kikbxr, fedex freight policy states as stated above that fulltime employees can not also work for any direct competitor (that being any other ltl company) due to conflict of interest, and any other employment that is compensated must be logged on a daily log (if you are a driver), But as we all know that is also federal D.O.T policy also. And the employment can not interfere with your work at Fedex freight.

i did state earlier that i know that @ fedex, you cannot work for a competitor and also any additional work cannot interfer with your job hours. i work for express which set the presidence for all other fedex company policies. i do know what dot rules stipulate even if you have a home base business you are requires to log it, but whose fool enough to log any additional work:hide: :hysterical: if you do i`m happy for you. even if you work @ jack in the box, what-a-burger, etc.., yet if you do thats your business. a man has to do whatever to feed his family:funky:

Jeff:hide:

Well my friend for a road driver or line haul driver your explanation is great and exactly what i said, Not sure why you thought you had to correct me, However a P&D driver or a supervisor is also a full time employee and can seek other employment, Theres NO FMCSA policy requiring a supervisor to log anything, and FMCSA only requires a P&D driver to log if they travel over 50 or 100 (cant remember which) miles from thier domicile or if they work over 12 hours for the day. So lets say a P&D driver working a 4day x 10 hours bid works monday thru thursday 10 hours a day and friday and saturday and even sunday works elsewhere, Provided it was also P&D or McD's or somewhere else not requiring a Log to be filled out, They would NEVER have to touch a log book.

:hide: i did state earlier that i know that @ fedex, you cannot work for a competitor and also any additional work cannot interfer with your job hours. i work for express which set the presidence for all other fedex company policies. i do know what dot rules stipulate even if you have a home base business you are requires to log it, but whose fool enough to log any additional work:hide: :hysterical: if you do i`m happy for you. even if you work @ jack in the box, what-a-burger, etc.., yet if you do thats your business. a man has to do whatever to feed his family

Gotta do what ya gotta do i guess, But if and when FedEx finds out you broke policy they terminate your employment, And its NOT worth my $85,000 a year fulltime job to make $20,000 a year at a part job. :smilie_132:

Well my friend for a road driver or line haul driver your explanation is great and exactly what i said, Not sure why you thought you had to correct me, However a P&D driver or a supervisor is also a full time employee and can seek other employment, Theres NO FMCSA policy requiring a supervisor to log anything, and FMCSA only requires a P&D driver to log if they travel over 50 or 100 (cant remember which) miles from thier domicile or if they work over 12 hours for the day. So lets say a P&D driver working a 4day x 10 hours bid works monday thru thursday 10 hours a day and friday and saturday and even sunday works elsewhere, Provided it was also P&D or McD's or somewhere else not requiring a Log to be filled out, They would NEVER have to touch a log book.
:smilie_132: POCKETCHANGE, thank you for the clarification. you just said it your-self:funky:

Actually, a city driver who works more than one job is required by the FMCSR to maintain a log book. That's the federal rule.:chairshot:

Sir, I HAVE done it in the past, and I did not ask, I INFORMED the terminal manager of exactly what I was doing AFTER I had been doing it awhile. The response was "NO PROBLEM, as long as it did not short me hours available to fulfill my first obligation to Fedex Freight, and I had appropriate rest at the begining of my tour". So, let me repeat:

What you do on your own time, off duty, and off company premises, so long as it is legal, is YOUR OWN BUISNESS. That includes working at another place of employment, doing another job for compensation. (Compensation means a paycheck, MrFxFw)
Why does this seem to be so hard to comprehend?

Question guys, we have an opening for a maintainace man. If I can get the job it will be a little less pay but a 40 hour work week. Then I should be able to work a 2nd job as many hours as I want to as long as I show up at fedex. I wont be driving so there should be no problem am I right or wrong? Ain't no be deal if I join the janitor ranks.

Question guys, we have an opening for a maintainace man. If I can get the job it will be a little less pay but a 40 hour work week. Then I should be able to work a 2nd job as many hours as I want to as long as I show up at fedex. I wont be driving so there should be no problem am I right or wrong? Ain't no be deal if I join the janitor ranks.
NAGOOSE, THOSE DOT RULES APPLY TO DRIVERS, SO IN YOUR CASE YOU ARE GOOD TO GO.

Actually, a city driver who works more than one job is required by the FMCSR to maintain a log book. That's the federal rule.:chairshot:
I DRIVE FOR FED AS WELL AS MANY OTHER DRIVERS DO AND WORK FOR OTHER CO`S. THIS SHOULDNT EVEN BE AN ARGUMENT. EVERY MAN DOES WHAT HE HAS TO DO TO TAKE CARE OF HIS FAMILY IF HE CHOOSES. UNTIL CORP. AMERICA GOES ON AND DECIDE TO COMPENSATE IN THE GENERAL RANGE OF WHAT UPS(NOT FREIGHT) PAYS THEIR DRIVERS , WE WONT HAVE THIS PROBLEM WITH DRIVERS HAVING TO SUPPLEMENT THEIR INCOME WITH EXTRA JOBS. I`VE BEEN DOING IT FOR A LONG TIME::hide:

Sir, I HAVE done it in the past, and I did not ask, I INFORMED the terminal manager of exactly what I was doing AFTER I had been doing it awhile. The response was "NO PROBLEM, as long as it did not short me hours available to fulfill my first obligation to Fedex Freight, and I had appropriate rest at the begining of my tour". So, let me repeat:

What you do on your own time, off duty, and off company premises, so long as it is legal, is YOUR OWN BUISNESS. That includes working at another place of employment, doing another job for compensation. (Compensation means a paycheck, MrFxFw)
Why does this seem to be so hard to comprehend?

Dude,
the FMCSR's require you to work no more than 70 hours per reset, 14 hours per day at all compensated employment. What you do is DOT business regardless of whether you're being compensated for being a Walmart greeter or flippin' burgers. That's the law. Get over it. Because you have a CDL, your life is under a microscope.

Jeff

Its a sad day for fedex when their employees have to be a walmart greeter to make ends meet, or flip burgers for the clown. Whats next a mailing telling us how to apply for food stamps in our county. Bet the officers in this company have never set foot in a wal mart. Did you notice the people needing the 2nd jobs are city drivers. What are the chances the great officers of this company will fix that this june 1st.

Dude,
the FMCSR's require you to work no more than 70 hours per reset, 14 hours per day at all compensated employment. What you do is DOT business regardless of whether you're being compensated for being a Walmart greeter or flippin' burgers. That's the law. Get over it. Because you have a CDL, your life is under a microscope.

Jeff

Dude - you are way too hung up on this burger flippin' thing. Now that the weather is warming up maybe the guy is just going to do some yard work on the weekend. Speaking of that maybe I could get a couple of Hooters girls to mow my yard. Some of them have 2d jobs. :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Dude - you are way too hung up on this burger flippin' thing. Now that the weather is warming up maybe the guy is just going to do some yard work on the weekend. Speaking of that maybe I could get a couple of Hooters girls to mow my yard. Some of them have 2d jobs. :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Well if they are mowing your yard.. I will be there to bring them some beer.. Coming from the Gastonia or Mooresville Hooters?