FedEx Freight | 3/14/08 Fedex Nat.Fatal

...Police say the victim, whose name police aren't yet releasing, was driving a tractor trailer that struck a pick-up truck and another tractor trailer that had stopped for traffic ahead of him.

...The driver of the other tractor trailer -- 58-year-old Ronald Smoker of Knoxville, Tennessee -- was not injured. The driver of the pick-up truck -- 24-year-old Jacob Johnson -- was taken to the hospital with minor injuries. He has since been released.

Crash Snarls Traffic on Turnpike; Driver Killed : WFMZ-TV 69News

My prayers go out to the family of the driver that was killed. It's a sad thing to see, one minute you're saying goodbye to your husband/wife and the next thing you find out something tragic has happened.

Fatal Crash Closes Portion Of Turnpike - Photos - WCAU | Philadelphia(Click the Play Button)

Fatal Pa. Tpk. accident; all lanes now open | Philadelphia Inquirer | 03/14/2008

trucka_300.jpg
truckb_300.jpg

!

I watched the piece on the accident, and they "interviewed" drivers caught in the traffic jam.

They were concerned about being late. I don't think they knew someone had died.

What a shame. It just goes to show that it all can go sideways in an instant.

My thoughts are with this driver's family. If you've been driving for any time, you've come close to this nightmare.

It just brings home to me that what we do is inherently dangerous. I think that's lost on corporate, but now it's come home to roost.

Stay safe out there. It ain't easy, and it ain't rewarded or respected. I count all of you here as my brothers.

According to philly news 10, the fedex driver was in left lane and the other two trucks were in the right lane. The two trucks slowed and the fedex driver ran into the back of them. This happened around 350 a.m. according to the news.

On that section of roadway with the construction it is very tight at spots, and all trucks must use the left lane. Plus you can't go to fast in that area or it will knock you out of the seat.

Sorry to hear another brother has been lost!

My prayers are with the family.

Stay safe guys were the only ones watching out for each other!!!