XPO | 3 million reasons to give back our 5%

what would you all do if another 5% was taken from your paychecks?? i think another 5, is coming very soon.... just a hunch

What you are suggesting seems reasonable based on their established pattern. Although, I suspect they will throw a bone back at us before they take away more.....just a hunch.

what would you all do if another 5% was taken from your paychecks?? i think another 5, is coming very soon.... just a hunch

After everything that has happened , if they take another 5% , they are more greedy and stupid than I thought. ( and that is saying something)

If they throw back something to placate the masses, all will be forgotten and we will then be ripe for the picking - again. More opprotunities WILL present themselves.

Through the years, we may have been getting raises that don't even keep up with the cost of living but they were raises. What did they average? - 2%? I don't know but I do not recall one that was equal to or greater then the rising cost of living. Here's the kicker; As our income went up at approx 2%, our "benefits" decreased by a much greater rate. Our health ins and prescription was once very excellent but it now covers a whole lot less. Vacations are now delayed or not paid for as before. Sick days are a memory. And our pension will provide only a tiny portion of my retirement income.

If given a choice, I would trade my old "benefits" for my pay raises in a heart beat...without hesitation.........no regrets........It really is a no brainer. But few seem to see just how big these takebacks/benefit degradations are worth. Perhaps it is because this stuff is called "benefits" but I understand that stuff to be part of our compensation package that was used to entice and attrack drivers. They get enough drivers and remove the bait.....Gotchya!

Everyone else is doing it......

They did it all because,...... not only because they could, but because they could get away with it. So - what's next?

If they throw back something to placate the masses, all will be forgotten and we will then be ripe for the picking - again. More opprotunities WILL present themselves.

Through the years, we may have been getting raises that don't even keep up with the cost of living but they were raises. What did they average? - 2%? I don't know but I do not recall one that was equal to or greater then the rising cost of living. Here's the kicker; As our income went up at approx 2%, our "benefits" decreased by a much greater rate. Our health ins and prescription was once very excellent but it now covers a whole lot less. Vacations are now delayed or not paid for as before. Sick days are a memory. And our pension will provide only a tiny portion of my retirement income.

If given a choice, I would trade my old "benefits" for my pay raises in a heart beat...without hesitation.........no regrets........It really is a no brainer. But few seem to see just how big these takebacks/benefit degradations are worth. Perhaps it is because this stuff is called "benefits" but I understand that stuff to be part of our compensation package that was used to entice and attrack drivers. They get enough drivers and remove the bait.....Gotchya!

Everyone else is doing it......

They did it all because,...... not only because they could, but because they could get away with it. So - what's next?
I agree 100% on the Benifits. Back in the 90's I spent a period of time in the hospital.( I don't want to reveal too much on myself . They would try to find out who I am) I had some things done in the last few years as outpatient. It cost me 3 times the amount as a outpatient than the time in the hospital. One driver at our barn had some minor surgery not long ago and it cost him a arm and leg. He even stayed In-Network.
When I first started here our pay was above the average. Thru the years we have dropped big time compared to other companies and other occupations such as some factories and plants. Again if my old brain remembers right , most of it was taken away after Uncle Jerry left.
Again I say they need a good old fashioned:nutkick: at the least. :ranting2::eck13::nutkick:

well,JOHN L. I thought I would toss this back upfront. No I didn`t catch the annual meeting to hear what the board had to say. I just want to know if you are a man of your word?

As the company is currently experiencing a pretty decent spike in business, I think it would defy common sense to come around taking another 5% for entirely too many reasons to list here (you all could make a pretty large list of why it won't happen)...sorry, that idea is probably alcohol induced...

As the company is currently experiencing a pretty decent spike in business, I think it would defy common sense to come around taking another 5% for entirely too many reasons to list here (you all could make a pretty large list of why it won't happen)...sorry, that idea is probably alcohol induced...
You said it brother, not me. I want the 5% back, NO I DO NOT WANT THEM TAKING ANOTHER 5% AWAY!

I only want all that we have earned over the years - Nothing more.

Common Sense is not something that XGO has shown us an abundance of to say the least. They cut 40% of the Employees at XGO on Black Friday but then they go and create more big salary jobs . They give themselves big bonuses in stock options and so on...... Then they cut us 5% and kill our pension. They also spend the money on this Sigma ::shit::. , and that is just what it is nothing other than ::shit::. this same program has been went thru a lot of the plants and companies around here. ( Most is no longer in business ). They outsource the whole COMPANY QUESTIONAIR to a company with a bad reputation. ( Who knows how much that cost?)
In some of the threads I have seen people mention things about wanting Senior Drivers OUT. I think they DO want Senior Drivers OUT. It's not because they are not productive employees. It is because that we are the ones that remembers the Con-Way that USED to be. WE are on the upper pay scale and are closer to retirement. From what I have seen during the day from our barn and from the Upper Management that has come thru and what I have seen on Line-Haul. On a Percentage Basis there are more Members of Local and Upper Management that are NONE PRODUCTIVE. Sales Reps. that sets on their Butts and never sees a customer or if they do it is only customers that will pat them on the back. Not the customers where there is a problem. SCM's that lets the Reps get away with it because they themselves are guilty of the same thing. From FOS's on up there are far too many that are on a power trip and wants to go out with their drinking buddies that kiss their @ss. I also think that Management needs to be given Surprise Alcohol and Drug Screens. I DO know that if some of the Local Management around here took them when they came to work they would be Busted.
Things might be a little different in other areas of the Country and other Regions. BUT from this part of the Country this is how it is.
Also I have had a good night sleep and have not drank a drop. I am not feeling sorry for myself or whining. I am just stating facts as myself and other Drivers sees them.BUT THEN ( ACCORDING TO MANAGMENT) I GUESS WE JUST DON'T SEE THE BIG PICTURE!!! :ranting2::Flame-On:

I only want all that we have earned over the years - Nothing more.

Right they have taken what we have earned....I dont want this to sound like screw the next guy but if they wanted to change policy it should of been with a new hire....Then they would have a choice if they wanted the job under certain conditions....I was offered this job with a pension 1% medical,401k,vacation,and sick days,I took the job becuase of the benefits because until you are here 3 or more years it really doesnt pay ::shit::,Under these conditions I would if never taken this job,but now I am stuck or I have to start over again and I am getting to old for that ::shit::

Common Sense is not something that XGO has shown us an abundance of to say the least. They cut 40% of the Employees at XGO on Black Friday but then they go and create more big salary jobs . They give themselves big bonuses in stock options and so on...... Then they cut us 5% and kill our pension. They also spend the money on this Sigma ::shit::. , and that is just what it is nothing other than ::shit::. this same program has been went thru a lot of the plants and companies around here. ( Most is no longer in business ). They outsource the whole COMPANY QUESTIONAIR to a company with a bad reputation. ( Who knows how much that cost?)
In some of the threads I have seen people mention things about wanting Senior Drivers OUT. I think they DO want Senior Drivers OUT. It's not because they are not productive employees. It is because that we are the ones that remembers the Con-Way that USED to be. WE are on the upper pay scale and are closer to retirement. From what I have seen during the day from our barn and from the Upper Management that has come thru and what I have seen on Line-Haul. On a Percentage Basis there are more Members of Local and Upper Management that are NONE PRODUCTIVE. Sales Reps. that sets on their Butts and never sees a customer or if they do it is only customers that will pat them on the back. Not the customers where there is a problem. SCM's that lets the Reps get away with it because they themselves are guilty of the same thing. From FOS's on up there are far too many that are on a power trip and wants to go out with their drinking buddies that kiss their @ss. I also think that Management needs to be given Surprise Alcohol and Drug Screens. I DO know that if some of the Local Management around here took them when they came to work they would be Busted.
Things might be a little different in other areas of the Country and other Regions. BUT from this part of the Country this is how it is.
Also I have had a good night sleep and have not drank a drop. I am not feeling sorry for myself or whining. I am just stating facts as myself and other Drivers sees them.BUT THEN ( ACCORDING TO MANAGMENT) I GUESS WE JUST DON'T SEE THE BIG PICTURE!!! :ranting2::Flame-On:

You are entitled to your opinion, but for the record, salespeople do not answer to SCMs any longer, and haven't for well over a year...