ODFL | 30 Minute Break

Oh my God, I bow down to your royalty, McFly. I will tell my linehaul manager that I don’t need a break. That’ll go over like a lead balloon. Here’s my theory, I take a break every day. On my run I can take it in a number of small country folk communities. I enjoy talking with the locals. By the way I don’t need to thump my chest telling everyone how long I’ve been here. But the door swings both ways for you if you don’t agree with policy.

Oh my God, I bow down to your royalty, McFly. I will tell my linehaul manager that I don’t need a break. That’ll go over like a lead balloon. Here’s my theory, I take a break every day. On my run I can take it in a number of small country folk communities. I enjoy talking with the locals. By the way I don’t need to thump my chest telling everyone how long I’ve been here. But the door swings both ways for you if you don’t agree with policy.

mcfly guy also beating his chest on one of the Od fb pages with how many people in corporate number he has he gonna call be a hero to make sure we all can work with no breaks,, you should see these hot shots going nuts over not wanting to follow them company rules,,

I was a P&D driver for OD for many years, yes city guys most certainly do deserve a break during the day but linehaul is a different beast, we aren’t in and out of the truck all day loading and unloading freight. When you are 5 minutes from being done for the night and you got 2 minutes till break and you gotta park off duty for 30 minutes to be legal sucks. Give us the option to take the thirty or ride on.

I thought just for a moment you were a real truck driver, a real truck driver would have already used that break 2 or 3 times laying across the steering wheel taking a nap.

Memo came out this week that OD will honor the the new 30 minute break rule. If you haven't seen or heard, ask your manager. This is only for LH.
The Federal guidelines or state? I just had a long talk with someone about it yesterday. Hopefully it’s the Federal guidelines.

The Federal guidelines or state? I just had a long talk with someone about it yesterday. Hopefully it’s the Federal guidelines.
It's the federal mandate. We are now allowed to combine on duty/yard move/ off duty to satisfy our 30 min break.

Bascially if you don’t live in a extreme liberal state is what memo said, other than that check your handbook memo stated