ODFL | 30 Minute Break

Most recently I've heard from a safety guy that the computers will actually be updated for the new hours of service. However corporate isn't wanting us to use them and we may be written up if we do. Stated if enough people complained maybe they would adopt. it's basically just usual OD, nothing makes any sense, why should people have to complain and then anymore corporate doesn't care if people complain. I guess my point here is I just didn't find any of this unusual...it's just OD as usual. So if you needed to burn a break on duty or even perhaps use the new adverse conditions it might be there, it might not, you're on your own you might get written up you might not lol. Honestly anymore you're better off not asking questions, just do and ask for mercy later if needed.
OD wants you do take your your breaks.Reason is if you ever in a wreck and you haven't shown your lunch break it doesn't look good on OD.Just saying..

The injured person lawyer can say in court od is careless slave driver working driver to hard and most states have a lunch break law dot or not
Exactly,I just don't get the drivers who want to argue about 30 minutes.OD pays you to drive there equipment and get there freight there in 1 pc.So if you don't like the fact that your employer requires a break then buy you a truck and be your own boss then

Exactly,I just don't get the drivers who want to argue about 30 minutes.OD pays you to drive there equipment and get there freight there in 1 pc.So if you don't like the fact that your employer requires a break then buy you a truck and be your own boss then
And make sure that truck will run 80 mph, so you can get home an hour earlier.....

Or be like line drivers here and move your truck at 3 mph to hook your set on your break

Not your driver’s. Say it isn’t so. I know a guy that can’t seem to break trailers and if he does it’s a 45 minute process.

One from your camp use to come up
Here to and do the same thing,,.. and I seen the other that is on duty and takes almost an hour,, that guy in the way of everyone

One from your camp use to come up
Here to and do the same thing,,.. and I seen the other that is on duty and takes almost an hour,, that guy in the way of everyone
That isn’t who I think it is, is it? He ruined that run if it is. He can’t do the run the way that myself and the driver that had it after me, had done it. You remember, a couple of winter’s ago. In OLY, he had the dock digging out his tractor while he sat in the tractor. It was to cold. Crap, the guy needs to run over Williamette five days a week with me. It’s not how many day’s that’ll it will snow, it’s how many months.

It truly amazes me that so many people fight the idea of taking a break on the job. Unions decades ago fought for the ability of workers to have meal and rest breaks and now dummies want to avoid taking them and instead work like robotic machines instead of humans. And the BS that road drivers don't need breaks is crap also. If you can't time your run properly so that you are forced to take your 30 just two minutes from your terminal just means you're not using much smarts. Spare me the whining.
Those of us who think for ourselves like the ability to take our break when we want to, not when the government tells us to.

That isn’t who I think it is, is it? He ruined that run if it is. He can’t do the run the way that myself and the driver that had it after me, had done it. You remember, a couple of winter’s ago. In OLY, he had the dock digging out his tractor while he sat in the tractor. It was to cold. Crap, the guy needs to run over Williamette five days a week with me. It’s not how many day’s that’ll it will snow, it’s how many months.
Whats the top speed you can run in that there snow ?

Whats the top speed you can run in that there snow ?
It all depends on the other’s on the road and whether there’s ice or not. With chains, anywhere from 25 to 35. Without, the determination is made on a daily basis. I also have a twin, that definitely helps. During the snow, they’ve been known to turn single axles around. They won’t let them up the mountain.

The problem is the Swift, Knight, you know the bunch, trying to sneak by when the chain law is up, with no iron. They usually jack knife on one of the first curves. Also, those from Yuba City. They roll, go off the road and over the edge.
If you get mileage pay at 30 mph your not doing too good