ODFL | 30 Minute Break

The problem is the Swift, Knight, you know the bunch, trying to sneak by when the chain law is up, with no iron. They usually jack knife on one of the first curves. Also, those from Yuba City. They roll, go off the road and over the edge.
Im in chicago and the dozen times it snows most of the linelhaul calls off to avoid working for pennies and the company cant figure this out

If you get mileage pay at 30 mph your not doing too good

freight got to move somehow son,, you move to the northwest you know this,,.. not like we don’t got no chain up pay and you and ain’t driving on them chains for hundreds a miles except rare storm boy let me tel you it ain’t bad as it seem,, when whimpy worthless sea line staying home they callin on me to come out the city and run a 500+ mile trip to Hermiston and I still gettin her done in kne day,, so there times you able to get up to speed

Typical liberal. Let the government take care of you, because you can’t do it yourself

then maybe this ain’t the right industry for you rambo,, ain’t never had a handout from nobody, especially no government... house paid for, truck and car and boat paid for, fat retirement savings,, and here you telling me government taking care of me?? Been driving many more years than you kid and this the last time I will ever be responding to a 2 year driver

then maybe this ain’t the right industry for you rambo,, ain’t never had a handout from nobody, especially no government... house paid for, truck and car and boat paid for, fat retirement savings,, and here you telling me government taking care of me?? Been driving many more years than you kid and this the last time I will ever be responding to a 2 year driver
Law and order party my but , the guy locksteps law and order and cant obey law and order

freight got to move somehow son,, you move to the northwest you know this,,.. not like we don’t got no chain up pay and you and ain’t driving on them chains for hundreds a miles except rare storm boy let me tel you it ain’t bad as it seem,, when whimpy worthless sea line staying home they callin on me to come out the city and run a 500+ mile trip to Hermiston and I still gettin her done in kne day,, so there times you able to get up to speed
I started in 88 so being your son is a longshot

You’re right there. On many occasions, the local OD guys here, even mention your name. Their TM says, he wishes he had a half dozen Billo,s on his board.

Didn't foresee this getting so heated. It should be a drivers choice to take the 30 on or off duty. Just because you don’t want to take it off duty does NOT make you an unsafe driver, I have absolutely no issues sitting up all night and not get sleepy so therefore I prefer to ride and get it over with. It’s an ignorant rule forced upon us, give us the option then it becomes reasonable.

Didn't foresee this getting so heated. It should be a drivers choice to take the 30 on or off duty. Just because you don’t want to take it off duty does NOT make you an unsafe driver, I have absolutely no issues sitting up all night and not get sleepy so therefore I prefer to ride and get it over with. It’s an ignorant rule forced upon us, give us the option then it becomes reasonable.

Get your own truck then driver,, you outlaw new guys coming here screwing up a good thing for the rest of us who been here many years

Ive with OD for 20 years thank you sir, why is it pissing so many off? Want a break, take a break, don’t want or need a break then don’t. It’s that simple.
Skip all the lunches you want , ya just better not work more than a 6 hour shift without a lunch per state law , totally amazing the employees that endorse the robber barron era style of employment

Last edited:
Ive with OD for 20 years thank you sir, why is it pissing so many off? Want a break, take a break, don’t want or need a break then don’t. It’s that simple.
This has nothing to do with you.If OD tells you to take a break then you take a break.If you can't abide by there rules then I believe you need to go in business for yourself. Very Simple

Bet many of these complainers though,spend more than30 minutes a day sitting, playing on their phones. Is that on duty,not driving time?
30 min phone before the truck hits the streets , car to dispatch -phone , dispatch to truck - phone , logging in-phone , hooking trailer -phone , walk around inspection acting like clown -phone

It is your time, NOT the members who post on TB. I am old school. When you start giving me about 5 grand a month free & clear to pay my bills, then, & only then will I care about your thoughts about MY break schedule. You life, your job. As to your breaks, or not, whatever trips your trigger works for me. Be safe. von.