TForce | 30+ terminals decertifying?

I have been noticing a trend. I've worked for this company for 16 years and really have seen relations between employees and between employees and mngt really fall off.
Yes, I agree that we have to stick with the contract and follow it. But....I hate the company trying to pull every trick and scheme in the book to try and circumvent the rules and our fellow workers trying to bite the hand that feeds them.

Of course there will always be disputes,disagreements and arguments between both parties, but jeeze...look around you.
Does management and rank and file NOT see the economy taking a big dumper?

it's not the time to give the co. the finger and tell them to "f" off. It's also not the time for the company to nit pick and pull schemes to try and stick it to the workers. Like it or not,we need each other to survive.

These days are when the company should be trying to Boost moral,not tear it down. It's also the time for us workers to try and do what we can to maintain and grow business,(despite the poor frt. condition).

UPSFrt. needs to remember,you catch alot more bees with honey and not s**t.

Guys (and ladies) if we keep doing what we should be doing and concentrating on our customers,we will be better off in the future and....as workers,we'll have a better leg to stand on when negotiations come around again.

Keep up the good fight and God Bless

Yes, Yes, One hand washes the other. When they wash my tractor Im going to polish my shoe's.:biglaugh:

I have been noticing a trend. I've worked for this company for 16 years and really have seen relations between employees and between employees and mngt really fall off.
Yes, I agree that we have to stick with the contract and follow it. But....I hate the company trying to pull every trick and scheme in the book to try and circumvent the rules and our fellow workers trying to bite the hand that feeds them.

Of course there will always be disputes,disagreements and arguments between both parties, but jeeze...look around you.
Does management and rank and file NOT see the economy taking a big dumper?

it's not the time to give the co. the finger and tell them to "f" off. It's also not the time for the company to nit pick and pull schemes to try and stick it to the workers. Like it or not,we need each other to survive.

These days are when the company should be trying to Boost moral,not tear it down. It's also the time for us workers to try and do what we can to maintain and grow business,(despite the poor frt. condition).

UPSFrt. needs to remember,you catch alot more bees with honey and not s**t.

Guys (and ladies) if we keep doing what we should be doing and concentrating on our customers,we will be better off in the future and....as workers,we'll have a better leg to stand on when negotiations come around again.

Keep up the good fight and God Bless

Allthough I agree with your statement, "IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO". Lets look at it this way, for sometime prior to the contract some of MGNT, not all , could pull these so called tricks off and assorted little schemes, without batting an eyelash and get away with it.

No truck zones is one fine example, 4 years ago I recieved a $500.00 dollar fine for doing a house delievery, I was told to "do it or else" from dispatch, after lengthy debate I decided to go and get it over with, after being told "we have the right to deliver in these places by law" ignorance prevailed , well there is no law in reference, even in interstate commerce laws, these laws are state and local enforcment. And as any cop will tell you, even a judge will say, a sighn is an extention of the law and therefore must be obeyed.

One day dispatch decides to tell this to a city driver just recently, I told dispatch to go screw, if it say's "NO TRUCKS" this does not mean " GO ANYWAY" but now means " MAKE OTHER PROVISIONS FOR DELIEVERY".

I was told by our saftey dept at the time of my incedent " you went into an area you should not have been in, so therefore you are on your own", in other words, it's your fine, you pay for it. So the next time you see a no truck zone remember there is alway's a cop having a bad day, must meet quota, etc. etc. and could give you a ticket .

Now we can voice an opinion and not be retaliated against for having this opinion and everything feels warm and fuzzy now. So Far. As far as MGNT grow up or get out. It's just that simple.