Holland | 340 Laid off on Black Friday

Wideload, what bothers me they had recalled 17 men a week ago laid off 256 city and L/H as off Friday night. The company is being operated out of Overland Park and have no clue what so ever how to run a regional company. The operations people say it's not coming from Holland because I seen the E-Mail. The other thing is they aren't servicing the accounts like we use to.When you tell a customer that you aren't going to that town today because it's to far away an no money what choice does the customer!That is not what Holland is built on.I believe if we all stick together and not returned when they get in pinch and make them send a letter maybe they will get the hint.I believe everyone will get back that was hired before the big hire push started

Seriously, OB, your right. On April 1, We need to really start watching everyones O/T. If they let the O/T get over the 25% allowed, They will have to call people back. We will be asking our steward to get a weekly printout of our teminals O/T percentage. If the TM doesn't want to give it to him, the BA will get it. I doubt that they will police their O/T percentage on their own, so we will help. We owe this to our laid-off brothers.:1036316054:

Thanks from LO:smilie_132:

Wideload, what bothers me they had recalled 17 men a week ago laid off 256 city and L/H as off Friday night. The company is being operated out of Overland Park and have no clue what so ever how to run a regional company. The operations people say it's not coming from Holland because I seen the E-Mail. The other thing is they aren't servicing the accounts like we use to.When you tell a customer that you aren't going to that town today because it's to far away an no money what choice does the customer!That is not what Holland is built on.I believe if we all stick together and not returned when they get in pinch and make them send a letter maybe they will get the hint.I believe everyone will get back that was hired before the big hire push started

Like it or not YRCW owns USF.They can run it from where ever they want,or how ever they want too.If they chose to run it into the ground they can.It sucks to see what they are doing,but it's just BIG business.Look what has already taken place with,redstar,dugan,bestway,parts of holland and reddaway getting shut down all ready.I hope YRCW is done shutting down parts of USF,but I don't think they are finished yet.GOOD LUCK TO ALL

Like it or not YRCW owns USF.They can run it from where ever they want,or how ever they want too.If they chose to run it into the ground they can.It sucks to see what they are doing,but it's just BIG business.Look what has already taken place with,redstar,dugan,bestway,parts of holland and reddaway getting shut down all ready.I hope YRCW is done shutting down parts of USF,but I don't think they are finished yet.GOOD LUCK TO ALL
I for one don't like it. Yes, YRC can run it from or how they want to but we UNION members don't have to help them when they make mistakes. If they choose to run it in to the ground, as you say, then let them and take as much of their money as you can while their doing it. BIG business is the only reason that UNION's were born in the first place. In other words all of the people that fought big business to make UNION's strong did so in vain? If I understand you correctly you're saying for us to just give up to big business? Well, I agree with you about one thing, if EVERYBODY don't start sticking together and worrying about each other the UNION's will be gone and all of the UNION companies will be shut down period. All of the me types out there had better change their ways before its to late for all of us, a UNION is about if you do it to him you did it to me, PERIOD! WAKE UP PEOPLE!

I for one don't like it. Yes, YRC can run it from or how they want to but we UNION members don't have to help them when they make mistakes. If they choose to run it in to the ground, as you say, then let them and take as much of their money as you can while their doing it. BIG business is the only reason that UNION's were born in the first place. In other words all of the people that fought big business to make UNION's strong did so in vain? If I understand you correctly you're saying for us to just give up to big business? Well, I agree with you about one thing, if EVERYBODY don't start sticking together and worrying about each other the UNION's will be gone and all of the UNION companies will be shut down period. All of the me types out there had better change their ways before its to late for all of us, a UNION is about if you do it to him you did it to me, PERIOD! WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Benny, you know that we had a chance to make a statement with the contract ratification. Voting NO would not necessarily have led to a strike, there was enough time left to negotiate further.
The only thing that is left, and it will not happen, is to strike. It will not happen because the people still working want to stick around as long as there is a heartbeat in the USF Holland body. I don't blame them.
A working man always has the last word and a unionized working man has the last two. The working man can say "I quit", the union man can say "I won't work until things improve" followed by, if necessary, "I quit".
The union has caved in to management with the excuse that the times have changed and the company needs to be competitive. I can just hear the corporate executives years ago when the unions were forming saying "If the union forms, we can not be competitive, the cost of labor will be too high". Strong leadership for all Teamsters is lacking these days. The union bosses are content to unionize sanitation workers, school bus drivers, public works employees and other relatively low paid folks. These workers need protection, no doubt. The union still collects their dues from these people just like they do from us and to the union "MANAGEMENT" that is what matters.
Not only have the bean counters taken over the running of corporations from the people who started the companies, loved their companies and held their employees in high esteem but those very same bean counters under a different name have taken over the unions as well.
The worship of the almighty dollar, not the dignity of people, is the bottom line where ever you look in this day and age. That is true of both corporations and unions.

Benny, you know that we had a chance to make a statement with the contract ratification. Voting NO would not necessarily have led to a strike, there was enough time left to negotiate further.
The only thing that is left, and it will not happen, is to strike. It will not happen because the people still working want to stick around as long as there is a heartbeat in the USF Holland body. I don't blame them.
A working man always has the last word and a unionized working man has the last two. The working man can say "I quit", the union man can say "I won't work until things improve" followed by, if necessary, "I quit".
The union has caved in to management with the excuse that the times have changed and the company needs to be competitive. I can just hear the corporate executives years ago when the unions were forming saying "If the union forms, we can not be competitive, the cost of labor will be too high". Strong leadership for all Teamsters is lacking these days. The union bosses are content to unionize sanitation workers, school bus drivers, public works employees and other relatively low paid folks. These workers need protection, no doubt. The union still collects their dues from these people just like they do from us and to the union "MANAGEMENT" that is what matters.
Not only have the bean counters taken over the running of corporations from the people who started the companies, loved their companies and held their employees in high esteem but those very same bean counters under a different name have taken over the unions as well.
The worship of the almighty dollar, not the dignity of people, is the bottom line where ever you look in this day and age. That is true of both corporations and unions.

I agree with you completely, brother. Very nice post. :notworthy:

Sevenn you are absolutely correct , the international seems to forget that Teamsters are folks who move freight in one form or another , we welcome all our brothers and sisters in other trades but they seem to forget the rank and file who built this particular Trade Union. I would not expect the carpenters or electricians to go after dues from other trades but we seem to that's the only new organizing we seem to see besides UPSF , how about the rest of the LTL company's out their we give a large amount of money to strike funds and organizing funds with our dues it would be nice to see it spent effectively in the Trade that made us in the first place! Look at our logo it's two horses and a wheel , not a badge or an airplane.

I have tried to have a positive attitude for a long time now. But attitude is all I have left after tonight. Maybe that stimulus packet check will save us all. Sometime in May is like that big announcement they are always going to make "Next month". Hope Zollars doesn't have any trouble sleeping tonight.

The best news would be someone would buy YRC and fire every operation person and including Bill Zollar and board of directors. Yellow Freight has never made money other than off of someone else help, don't let them people fool us, Yes I remember in the late 70's when they file Chapter 11 and came back and made over a billion dollar. Only hold back is they own USF and they will run it like they don't know how!!!!!!!! If things are so bad whats going on with all the knew equipment arriving at all different Terminals?

The best news would be someone would buy YRC and fire every operation person and including Bill Zollar and board of directors. Yellow Freight has never made money other than off of someone else help, don't let them people fool us, Yes I remember in the late 70's when they file Chapter 11 and came back and made over a billion dollar. Only hold back is they own USF and they will run it like they don't know how!!!!!!!! If things are so bad whats going on with all the knew equipment arriving at all different Terminals?

I dont think no one understands this company
(yrc) that is.

I have tried to have a positive attitude for a long time now. But attitude is all I have left after tonight. Maybe that stimulus packet check will save us all. Sometime in May is like that big announcement they are always going to make "Next month". Hope Zollars doesn't have any trouble sleeping tonight.

this isnt about the "stimulus packet check"and it will not "save us all." THIS IS ALL ABOUT YRCW. Im sure Zolars doesnt have any trouble sleeping any night. I hate to rain on your parade.
Tractors are being re-assigned system wide, that tells me that there may not be any drivers re-called but only terminals down-sized if not closed.

:smilie_132:

this isnt about the "stimulus packet check"and it will not "save us all." THIS IS ALL ABOUT YRCW. Im sure Zolars doesnt have any trouble sleeping any night. I hate to rain on your parade.
Tractors are being re-assigned system wide, that tells me that there may not be any drivers re-called but only terminals down-sized if not closed.

I hate say it, but thats what i'm thinking too!!!!:hide: