ABF | 401K or Pension in next contract?

I think we are going to get the shaft. They tell us one thing and then tell the stock holders the exact opposite.

I think we are going to get the shaft. They tell us one thing and then tell the stock holders the exact opposite.

I agree with you that they will try and give us the shaft...that's why I think that it's crucial that we will have to fight all the propaganda the company puts out there with the truth.

It's been my experience when a company says if we don't get this we are gonna do that....well they are gonna do that anyway. Good luck to all ABF Teamsters with this contract negotiation.

It's been my experience when a company says if we don't get this we are gonna do that....well they are gonna do that anyway. Good luck to all ABF Teamsters with this contract negotiation.

You're exactly right Roadrunner73...and all that concessions will ultimately add up to is us going the way of CF...by ABF Teamsters footing the bill to supply them with more and more of those purchases like Panther.

I agree with this statement, But I will never vote yes for any concessions. If they are going to do something then they will have to do it on their dime, not mine. We need to stand strong and united. I believe concessions will not gain us more business, or market share, and I know it won't help me or my family.

You guys need to quit discussing concessions.Our union knows you don't want any pay cuts or decrease in pensions.The place to air your opinion is at the Local of which you belong.ABC/ABF is a financially sound company

You guys need to quit discussing concessions.Our union knows you don't want any pay cuts or decrease in pensions.The place to air your opinion is at the Local of which you belong.ABC/ABF is a financially sound company

Please...don't try and tell us over here on this forum about what topics to discuss.First of all...you do not work for ABF and do not know to what extent ABF has been going to scare it's employee's into believing they are in dire financial straits in the past...present and will continue to do so. You say that the union knows that we don't want any pay cuts or decrease in pensions...right...just like they knew we didn't want them in 2010...but both the company and IBT went on an all out campaign to try and persuade us into accepting concessions...and it is they who are negotiating our upcoming contract...now...you tell me...just what kind of proposal do you really think they are discussing? I know that ABC/ABF is a financially sound company and it is not in your place to tell me where to voice my opinions...I'll voice them wherever and to whoever I choose!!!!

So...in the future when coming to our forum...try and get to know the facts before airing your opinion based on something you know nothing about!

You're exactly right Roadrunner73...and all that concessions will ultimately add up to is us going the way of CF...by ABF Teamsters footing the bill to supply them with more and more of those purchases like Panther.

I don't recall CF getting any concessions. If you have a concern that ABF is modeling the CF example, i.e. Conway, the union has a responsibility to tailor a contract that protects union jobs. A written agreement works much better than no written agreement.
I agree that this is their likely path and we must be very careful when it comes to modifying any retirement pension liabilities. I am not an expert on the hybrid plan but it seemed like we would be giving ABF incentives to reduce what they pay into the pension by the actual cutting of Teamster jobs. I still strongly support actual pension reform but believe any such reform must be carefully focused on addressing long-term funding problems and the continuation of organized labor in the LTL industry.

CF didn't receive any concessions. IMO the difference between what ABF and CF is that CF wanted to go out of business. Their actions showed us that. I believe ABF wants to stay in business and will do whatever they think they need to do this. I worked for CF for 13 years and ABF for 10 years and I see ABF going a different way than CF.

I don't recall CF getting any concessions. If you have a concern that ABF is modeling the CF example, i.e. Conway, the union has a responsibility to tailor a contract that protects union jobs. A written agreement works much better than no written agreement.
I agree that this is their likely path and we must be very careful when it comes to modifying any retirement pension liabilities. I am not an expert on the hybrid plan but it seemed like we would be giving ABF incentives to reduce what they pay into the pension by the actual cutting of Teamster jobs. I still strongly support actual pension reform but believe any such reform must be carefully focused on addressing long-term funding problems and the continuation of organized labor in the LTL industry.

I didn't say that CF got concessions...I said that all concessions will ultimately add up to is us going the way of CF...which means more money for ABC coming from our pockets for the purchases of other companies.Remember...that money for Panther come from ABF to be part of ABC.