Yellow | 53 foot trailer breaks in half

Probably had a leaky roof and if the trailer had gotten wet and the contents inside were contaminated then that would definitely add more weight and cause the trailer to collapse

Did YRC start helicopter delivery service? Unload that trailer from the top.Hey maybe we should bring back the rag tops.lol

Like this one??

Cbwrm0Q.jpg

Nervous Wreck ( a lady Big R driver ) once told me that she didn't like the "long ones" . Said they bend in the middle ! I guess she knew what she was talking about . :popcorn:
VAUURPS.jpg
Was Nervous Wreck an OKC line driver? If so, I'm sure she kept us laughing in the ABQ break room.

Last edited:
Probably had a leaky roof and if the trailer had gotten wet and the contents inside were contaminated then that would definitely add more weight and cause the trailer to collapse
I can see where if the floor, and freight absorbed maybe 500 gallons of water, @ 8.143 pounds per gallon of weight, would cause this to happen.

Wish you all would look at photos it was a tandem tractor
We did. Was just saying this in response to original post. At my barn we have guys driving down the road with close to 40,000 sometimes on single axle with a 53. I always tell them. Good luck if you have an accident. You will need it...

We did. Was just saying this in response to original post. At my barn we have guys driving down the road with close to 40,000 sometimes on single axle with a 53. I always tell them. Good luck if you have an accident. You will need it...
L5 in a row¡¡¡¡

That was a 615 load going to 135 that got about 20 miles from the terminal. The driver did a heck of job controlling that unit cause the trailer broke inside the M&M tunnel and he drove it out of the tunnel. The roof buckled, when he came out of the tunnel that vacuum effect with the wind coming off the water running into the tunnel caused it to peel back.

YRC avoided major media event pr wise cause if we had shut down that tunnel let's say this Friday we would have been a major news lead and cover story. Those of you that run into 615 fully know about the traffic from the military bases, bridges and tunnels, road construction and tourist can be challenging getting in and out of here.