XPO | 62 Mph

it is a loss of pay (4.98).
my run uses to take 3 hrs now it takes 3.25 hrs one way.
4.98 x 5 = 24.90
24.90 x 4 = 99.60
99.60 x 49 = 4880.40
thats a pay cut any way you look at it.

4.98 x 5 = 24.90
24.90 x 4 = 99.60
99.60 x 49 = 4880.40

4.98 x 5 = 24.90
24.90 x 4 = 99.60
99.60 x 49 = 4880.40
:hide:They just got that $5.00 per week back that you L/H guys were saving on health insurance! Lets face it... they only care about themselves! :smilie_132:

4.98 x 5 = 24.90
24.90 x 4 = 99.60
99.60 x 49 = 4880.40
:hide:They just got that $5.00 per week back that you L/H guys were saving on health insurance! Lets face it... they only care about themselves! :smilie_132:

Mpg

My truck hasn't been castraited yet,but the drivers I talked to that have say there getting worse miles per gallon then before,I hope this gets changed back soon, I cant afford a pay cut all year!XGO better suck up there pride and change it back! What looks good on paper dos'nt allways work in the real world! And as far as the carbon footprint,that is a big Lie from AL Gore! I hope Con-way is not sending any money to that A-Hole

Mpg

My truck hasn't been castraited yet,but the drivers I talked to that have say there getting worse miles per gallon then before,I hope this gets changed back soon, I cant afford a pay cut all year!XGO better suck up there pride and change it back! What looks good on paper dos'nt allways work in the real world! And as far as the carbon footprint,that is a big Lie from AL Gore! I hope Con-way is not sending any money to that A-Hole

:hide:Al Gore lives in a mansion with a $1200.00 per month electric bill.... you figure it out!!! :smilie_132:

:hide:Al Gore lives in a mansion with a $1200.00 per month electric bill.... you figure it out!!! :smilie_132:

Latest memo to come from capital hill..... "All corrections to economy and environment are to be made/paid by the middle-class." conway is just doing thier put, as a good corporate citizen.

I've been watching some of you guy's posting a lot of math problems but something dosn't add up for me. Line haulers are indeed taking a pay cut because it now takes longer to cover a certain distance. Now you guy's are saying they're gaining from the lesser dock time except I dont see how that works unless they're adding extra drivers which still makes no sense. Now, they have a model called the "circle of life" and to hold the driving time back has a negative effect on this. I would think if they could get the trucks to the destination at light speed, they would do it. I think this is just an attempt to save on fuel, which we all know is unaffordable now. Unfortunatly, it's at L/H's expense right now

fuel cost is paid by the customer through surcharges,it does not matter what the price is the customer is footing the bill.I really have not seen a great reduction in fuel usage in the truck I drive since it has been turned down.If this works,which I doubt will,someone will be pocketing a bunch of $$$$$ and it ain't gonna be the drivers:chairshot: They probably would have gotten better fuel economy if the trucks were turned up 3MPH.They were very underpowered before and now it is a joke how bad these trucks run.

I'll attempt to explain the way I see it. 1] The added time it takes to get from point a to point b is increased, therefore, if indeed time is money, that's the pay cut, as you pointed out. 2] DSR's have a history of proforming better on friday nights, i.e. cross-dock tonnage is higher . Many drivers want to run their bid 5 nights per week as they have been doing with max speed being 65mph. Most, at least at my barn, are on their 60 hrs {central uses 60 hr log} when they return on Saturday morning/afternoon, and this includes logging break they don't.....{well, you know}. In order to run 5 nights now, given the additional time it takes traveling from point a to point b, they'll have to bust butt 5 nights/wk i.e. increase productivity. 3] If drivers are already busting their butts and can't increase productivity they with not be able to run that bid 5 nights and the company will have to send a jr dsr, at a lower rate and send the sr dsr with the longer bid run on a shorter run, which again saves money due to difference in mileage pay. Therer is probily more to it, but that's how I see it currently.

It is very simple,the truck you drive is now slower making your average speed slower therefore you are making less per hour.I don't know why this is so hard to comprehend.

WTF. All that's missing is the grassy knoll.

Good Point aardvark...
if the company all by itself has screwed the driver again, how has the rate of pay changed? You're still paid by the mile not miles per hour. If this calculated rate of pay decrease is true then why aren't you guys from the Great Lakes states demanding more money throughout the winter months? After all, there are numerous elements affecting your average miles per hour that the guys down south don't see. And, the guys that run primarily Michigan never see a speed limit above 60MPH. How many millions was that again?

Yep your absolutely right,there is nothing wrong with adding time to a run all in the name of padding the profits. Big mistake has been made here by this well thought out stroke of genius.I guess I don't see the big picture,sorry for wanting to have MORE instead of LESS.What was I thinking?

My truck was down last night so I had to drive a 2001, normaly I drive a 2006. This truck ran faster and pulled better than my new one and it used less fuel. Normaly I use 100 to 110 gallons per day. When I got in this morning and fueled the older truck it only took 86 gallons. Thats a 20 gallon difference. How is it than an older truck uses so much less fuel than a new one thats been cut back? I dont think the company is gonna save a lot by cutting these trucks back.

2005 and up have newer motors that are suppose to burn cleaner. with that improvement cost not just conway but all trucks better fuel mileage. you can thank the politicians for this improvement