XPO | 62 Mph

What isn't difficult for an open mind to understand is that you get paid by the mile and for every minute you work. There are no pay cuts here, you are getting paid every cent you have earned. Why do you think we have the combination pay structure for linehaul ($'s per mile plus hourly)? Maybe because there are so many factors uncontrollable by the company that effects your rate of completion for your run, i.e. traffic, weather, and construction.

Ya know where this is going don't you? Once the federal government settles the H.O.S. ruling, Central will fall in line with the other two operating groups and everyone will run 70 hour logs. I can't wait to here how you're getting screwed because the company doesn't care about your home life, forcing you to work 14 hours a day.

YEA WHAT HE SAID :nutkick: :biglaugh:

What isn't difficult for an open mind to understand is that you get paid by the mile and for every minute you work. There are no pay cuts here, you are getting paid every cent you have earned. Why do you think we have the combination pay structure for linehaul ($'s per mile plus hourly)? Maybe because there are so many factors uncontrollable by the company that effects your rate of completion for your run, i.e. traffic, weather, and construction.

Ya know where this is going don't you? Once the federal government settles the H.O.S. ruling, Central will fall in line with the other two operating groups and everyone will run 70 hour logs. I can't wait to here how you're getting screwed because the company doesn't care about your home life, forcing you to work 14 hours a day.

YEA WHAT HE SAID :nutkick: :biglaugh:

But the company did have control of turning the trucks down...and as you're aware, the HOS issue still is not settled. The 70 hr rule and 14 hr days are not set in stone. Enough public awareness and they will change, possible becoming more restrictive than before. But in any case it's apparent that your purpose here is simply to stir up s**t, so I'm done here.

But the company did have control of turning the trucks down...and as you're aware, the HOS issue still is not settled. The 70 hr rule and 14 hr days are not set in stone. Enough public awareness and they will change, possible becoming more restrictive than before. But in any case it's apparent that your purpose here is simply to stir up s**t, so I'm done here.

sounds like a true FOS or SCM talking.

sounds like a true FOS or SCM talking.

If it takes longer to earn the same income, it is a pay cut.

Diminished compensation for the same amount of time worked is a pay cut.

This can be looked at upside down, backwards, or inside out, and it is still a pay cut. - no matter what spin they ply.....Unless you believe the spin, of course.......

If it takes longer to earn the same income, it is a pay cut.

Diminished compensation for the same amount of time worked is a pay cut.

This can be looked at upside down, backwards, or inside out, and it is still a pay cut. - no matter what spin they ply.....Unless you believe the spin, of course.......

reship-customer satisfaction are going to hell,just remember no to take the proper with you if you can avoid it,or nose load it with 2 day toward the back,they should enjoy this for a while

reship-customer satisfaction are going to hell,just remember no to take the proper with you if you can avoid it,or nose load it with 2 day toward the back,they should enjoy this for a while

Managers

:butt kiss:Fos and SCM should not be able to post on this site because they don't know there a$$ from a hole in the groung!

Managers

:butt kiss:Fos and SCM should not be able to post on this site because they don't know there a$$ from a hole in the groung!

... But in any case it's apparent that your purpose here is simply to stir up s**t, so I'm done here.

I've watched this thread from it's beginning and disagree with some of the post and the value calculated toward the wages effected by the adjustment of speed. So I did some research and decided to jump in and debate the topic. No one averages 65 MPH for the length of their run, so to calculate the effect with such an inaccurate figure can only produce inflated results.

Sometimes you need to stir the pot so people get a taste of more than just the broth.

It's just a little healthy debate

... But in any case it's apparent that your purpose here is simply to stir up s**t, so I'm done here.

I've watched this thread from it's beginning and disagree with some of the post and the value calculated toward the wages effected by the adjustment of speed. So I did some research and decided to jump in and debate the topic. No one averages 65 MPH for the length of their run, so to calculate the effect with such an inaccurate figure can only produce inflated results.

Sometimes you need to stir the pot so people get a taste of more than just the broth.

It's just a little healthy debate

It seemed that even after I'd given you the facts of the speeds I average you insisted there was no lost in time to pay ratio, which is clearly inaccurate
. I do concede that not all linehaul runs can average this speed and therefore this is an exception to the 52mph rule, but it is never-the-less factual evidence
of a lose of earnings due to reduction in governed speed. If you read previous posting I've made on this subject you may find that I am not one that has formed and opinion as to whether this reduction will save fuel or not. Further more I read a company posting recently that proclaimed the safety benefits to con-way drivers and the motoring public by deceasing braking distance by traveling at this lessor speed to which I counter.....In my many years of operating a motor vehicle on the nations interstate highway system one thing I have learned that I will not debate. The leading contributor to aggressive driving is a vehicle that is operated in such a way as to imped the flow of traffic. We are an impatience society, that when our progress is hinder we can do dumb sh*t.

It seemed that even after I'd given you the facts of the speeds I average you insisted there was no lost in time to pay ratio, which is clearly inaccurate
. I do concede that not all linehaul runs can average this speed and therefore this is an exception to the 52mph rule, but it is never-the-less factual evidence
of a lose of earnings due to reduction in governed speed. If you read previous posting I've made on this subject you may find that I am not one that has formed and opinion as to whether this reduction will save fuel or not. Further more I read a company posting recently that proclaimed the safety benefits to con-way drivers and the motoring public by deceasing braking distance by traveling at this lessor speed to which I counter.....In my many years of operating a motor vehicle on the nations interstate highway system one thing I have learned that I will not debate. The leading contributor to aggressive driving is a vehicle that is operated in such a way as to imped the flow of traffic. We are an impatience society, that when our progress is hinder we can do dumb sh*t.