XPO | 62 Mph

Germans?

We need to come together and help our company meet its goals, I say 62 mph is to fast, lets save more fuel. We all start running 55-60 mph, Think of the money we can save. Hell even the tree huggers my even give us a award or something like that. Its up too you team Con-way to take the lead on this one. Don't ask what con-way can do for you,ask what you can do for con-way.

Now here's another way we can save on fuel costs, Ready. Take our breaks and our lunch's. If the truck isn't running it's not burning fuel. Ya I know we will get to the F.A.C. later and home later, But we will save on fuel and thats all that matters, Right.

Now all you driver's who sit in rush hour and move about 10 to 15 mph in the mourning. You should stop and wait for the traffic to clear, It doesn't matter if you get the freight home at 10 or 11 in the mourning, Your saving fuel.

May be this place my even help us in meeting our gaol by putting cruise controls in the trucks, Sorry dumb idea.

So who's with me! All for one and one for all, We can do it! Was it over when the germens attack pearl harbor, Hell no. Lets go!!!
Japan attacked Pearl Harbor. But your right, we need to save all the fuel we can. I for one am gonna take two lunches a day and shut my truck off while Im hanging out in the restaurant.

According to Blutto in" Animal House" the Germans did bomb Pearl Harbor. So it has to true stop trying to re-write history.

:hide: 45-50 in the right lane on the freeway is about IT for me....DARN I AM GLAD TO BE A CITY P&D DRIVER!!!! Hope you L/H drivers don't lose TOO much money! This Company will, sooner or later, drive us ALL to DRINKING!!! :smilie_132:

It will now take ~5% longer to cover the same miles. So are line drivers going to get an extra 1-2cpm to make up for the slower speeds.

So much for getting to the FAC with a sense of urgency.

This is just going to kill us in the intermountain West where you need the extra speed to avoid slowing down to 15mpg on the big hills with our neutered motors and a heavy set of triples.

It will now take ~5% longer to cover the same miles. So are line drivers going to get an extra 1-2cpm to make up for the slower speeds.

So much for getting to the FAC with a sense of urgency.

This is just going to kill us in the intermountain West where you need the extra speed to avoid slowing down to 15mpg on the big hills with our neutered motors and a heavy set of triples.

do they use the same road tractors all over. (like the ones i used in XNM, are they the same size motor as the ones that pull triples)??

If they are, then i feel sorry for you, with you 330 hp detroit..

I am glad that i drive my 475 hp detroit, that goes 75mph

we have some real pissed off l/h drivers. most of them have already looked at the ole pocketbook and figured how much they will losing. some of them are afraid runs might changed cause of the speed limit. drivers are also waiting to see what our goverment gonna do with the HOS issue. getting ready to be intresting round dallas with late arrivals to the fac and the return trip back to the home terminal. later and later everyday

we go 62 its not bad after so long you just get use to it...

Just hope they!! get used to it,i give them till march to go back to 65.Then listen to the drivers complain about changing bids again. Buy the way ,dont take your truck to the shop for a minor repair or you will find your self going 62 on your way home<b-4. the end of the year or p.m:chairshot:

the 6-8 minutes was for a 180 mile L/H run.. if you are on a 250 mile run one way, sounds like an extra half hour! Oh well, they own the trucks, i just hold the steering wheel, it is just 2,973.00 less on L/H rate a year! I remeber when they were set at 55, so this is no big deal. Lets truck,

Speed limit used to be 55 so yea it sucks,but what'cha gonna do. Will Truckload be turned down also?

we go 62 its not bad after so long you just get use to it...

We are going to get run over on roads where the speed Limit is 65,and we are going to be the Laughing stalk of the LTL industry!:hysterical:

Oh come on Yellow , Roadway and ABF all do 62 welcome to the pack.:smilie_132: Remember stay out of the hammer lane.
Our bean-counters tell us we save lots on fuel and we are in fewer accidents because the flow of traffic is moving away from us so we aren't in the pack of traffic. I used to drive for USF Dugan the slowest trucks we had were set at 68 it takes some getting use to getting stuck at 62mph. With the cost of fuel maybe more carriers will cut there trucks back it could be a new trend? :stirthepot:

Just hope they!! get used to it,i give them till march to go back to 65.Then listen to the drivers complain about changing bids again. Buy the way ,dont take your truck to the shop for a minor repair or you will find your self going 62 on your way home<b-4. the end of the year or p.m:chairshot:
The shops have 30 days to do them all . they will get yours one way or another .

Uncle Dave wants to get a visit from Al Gore for reducing our carbon footprint. As to the 3 min idle, that is mandated by some states (California)