681/653 Thread

Discussion in 'YRC Freight' started by Docksteward, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Docksteward

Docksteward Teamsters Local 71

OK..........it was requested and here it is. Post all pertinent information here with the goings on at both YRC Charlotte terminals. DS.

2. hilo342

hilo342 Active Member

i have a question. Here at 326 Kansas City, Mo we load Charlotte proper to Nashville, but North Carolina BB freight to Charlotte direct. Any ideas why? Which is the break and which is the city terminal, 681 or 653? Or how is freight divided between the two?

3. imported_JUMBO

imported_JUMBO Member

all I know is ?

653 is the BB, and 681 is the city.

4. g-man

g-man Wide open at 85%

Isn't proper and direct the same thing? You might need to clarify....the majority of our city operation is run from Roadway's dock which is 681, an additional small city operation and the breakbulk freight is run from the Yellow dock which is CNC 653....freight is divided between the two by delivery locations within NC and surrounding areas (SC border only minutes away)....g

5. Rico66

Rico66 Member

2 foreman laid off this morning at 653, Keith S(former Yellow) and Paul (former RDWY). More to come this evening aftr they finish their 12 hour shift..

6. Happy2

Happy2 Member

Not to high jack the thread, but the reason 326 loads the 681 freight to 402 rather than 653 is because 681 is a service center that participates in the 402 Flow Center . In theary the freight should arrive quicker going through 402.

The reason is most of the network is designed for early morning arrivals. So if 326 freight arrives early morning to 402 they have 24 hours to strip, stack and dispatch the freight for early morning arrivial at 681. If it arrives early morning at 653, they would need to get to 681 at the same time.

I hope I explained that right? :shift:

7. devilfan

devilfan Member

Thanks Happy I was wondering the same thing on Portland OR. freight. We load a POR trailer with WA. and other freight but send Portland Or. freight to 309 (Chicago). Loaded 2 bills the other night 1 to Washington State and 1 to Portland (10 skids in all) all on the Portland trailer only to find out POR don't go to POR. Should have scanned the bill first I know.

8. devilfan

devilfan Member

On a sad note Keith S. is a good guy his daughter played school soccer with mine. Tough loss for that family even though he felt it was coming. Good luck to him and his family.

9. devilfan

devilfan Member

Sorry forgot to mention retreat rights are posted at 653 as of Wed. don't know that it will help anyone at 653 but maybe.

10. g-man

g-man Wide open at 85%

Sorry to hear that smart a$$ Paul got the boot, attitude and all, now Mommy and Daddy will have to pay his bills....

11. g-man

g-man Wide open at 85%

I don't think anyone who tranferred in from Richmond, or Winston Salem qualifies under these rules to retreat back....

12. devilfan

devilfan Member

The guy from Richmond who was hired in 06 might be able as he's been laid off since the second or 3rd week of March. Something he should look into no matter what.

13. drag racer

drag racer Member

Did that A hole velosity Ed get axed??

14. Rico66

Rico66 Member

No, but he is an a-hole..

15. imported_zx1400

imported_zx1400 New Member

any one called back or laidoff teamsters that is?

16. devilfan

devilfan Member

Not this week so far. Just management lay offs and terminations, Jeff in city Dispatch let go yesterday eve. Also heard 2 from line haul but don't know names. When added to recent retirements puts the no. of mgmt. at about 10 since April 1.

17. devilfan

devilfan Member

Drag, don't know if Ed will be the one but there are 2 guys doing that job at night and 2 working on TC and service during the day seems like 2 to many. Only time will tell.

18. imported_zx1400

imported_zx1400 New Member

Thanks for the reply devilfan.

19. imported_sundrop03

imported_sundrop03 Member

One linehaul dispatcher retired (not forced out) 04-30-09.........good man who started with McLean in 69 and went to dispatching and management for them in 71.......came to Yellow CNC dispatch when Mclean went out.....YRC might put someone in his job but he will never be replaced!!

20. Rico66

Rico66 Member

15 laid off from the dock on 653 today!!! per Area VP "Buffet" Bob P.