Yellow | 681/653 Thread

Docksteward

Teamsters Local 71
Credits
OK..........it was requested and here it is. Post all pertinent information here with the goings on at both YRC Charlotte terminals. DS.

i have a question. Here at 326 Kansas City, Mo we load Charlotte proper to Nashville, but North Carolina BB freight to Charlotte direct. Any ideas why? Which is the break and which is the city terminal, 681 or 653? Or how is freight divided between the two?

i have a question. Here at 326 Kansas City, Mo we load Charlotte proper to Nashville, but North Carolina BB freight to Charlotte direct. Any ideas why? Which is the break and which is the city terminal, 681 or 653? Or how is freight divided between the two?
Isn't proper and direct the same thing? You might need to clarify....the majority of our city operation is run from Roadway's dock which is 681, an additional small city operation and the breakbulk freight is run from the Yellow dock which is CNC 653....freight is divided between the two by delivery locations within NC and surrounding areas (SC border only minutes away)....g

2 foreman laid off this morning at 653, Keith S(former Yellow) and Paul (former RDWY). More to come this evening aftr they finish their 12 hour shift..

Not to high jack the thread, but the reason 326 loads the 681 freight to 402 rather than 653 is because 681 is a service center that participates in the 402 Flow Center . In theary the freight should arrive quicker going through 402.

The reason is most of the network is designed for early morning arrivals. So if 326 freight arrives early morning to 402 they have 24 hours to strip, stack and dispatch the freight for early morning arrivial at 681. If it arrives early morning at 653, they would need to get to 681 at the same time.

I hope I explained that right? :shift:

Thanks Happy I was wondering the same thing on Portland OR. freight. We load a POR trailer with WA. and other freight but send Portland Or. freight to 309 (Chicago). Loaded 2 bills the other night 1 to Washington State and 1 to Portland (10 skids in all) all on the Portland trailer only to find out POR don't go to POR. Should have scanned the bill first I know.

On a sad note Keith S. is a good guy his daughter played school soccer with mine. Tough loss for that family even though he felt it was coming. Good luck to him and his family.

Sorry forgot to mention retreat rights are posted at 653 as of Wed. don't know that it will help anyone at 653 but maybe.

2 foreman laid off this morning at 653, Keith S(former Yellow) and Paul (former RDWY). More to come this evening aftr they finish their 12 hour shift..
Sorry to hear that smart a$$ Paul got the boot, attitude and all, now Mommy and Daddy will have to pay his bills....

Sorry forgot to mention retreat rights are posted at 653 as of Wed. don't know that it will help anyone at 653 but maybe.
I don't think anyone who tranferred in from Richmond, or Winston Salem qualifies under these rules to retreat back....

The guy from Richmond who was hired in 06 might be able as he's been laid off since the second or 3rd week of March. Something he should look into no matter what.

Not this week so far. Just management lay offs and terminations, Jeff in city Dispatch let go yesterday eve. Also heard 2 from line haul but don't know names. When added to recent retirements puts the no. of mgmt. at about 10 since April 1.

Drag, don't know if Ed will be the one but there are 2 guys doing that job at night and 2 working on TC and service during the day seems like 2 to many. Only time will tell.

One linehaul dispatcher retired (not forced out) 04-30-09.........good man who started with McLean in 69 and went to dispatching and management for them in 71.......came to Yellow CNC dispatch when Mclean went out.....YRC might put someone in his job but he will never be replaced!!