Yellow | 681/653 Thread

looks like the bubble has busted @671 .big lay offs this weekend .
near 30 from the dock alone .
any1 know for sure what the numbers are dock and yard ?
I hear 30dock/ 7 yard but not sure.

[quote author=G-Man link=topic=59151.msg609115#msg609115 date=1241129006]
Sorry to hear that smart a$$ Paul got the boot, attitude and all, now Mommy and Daddy will have to pay his bills....
[/quote]

I was working for conway at charlotte, there was a Paul that was former roadway working there as sector sup.

[quote author=longblade link=topic=59151.msg845543#msg845543 date=1278821331]
looks like the bubble has busted @653 .big lay offs this weekend .
near 30 from the dock alone .
any1 know for sure what the numbers are dock and yard ?
I hear 30dock/ 7 yard but not sure.
[/quote]

Hey lb............it's interesting that they laid off when it was busy and qualified almost all the guys back on the next week!! The guys that weren't called back have better start times and days off than the senior guys on regular!!

But we all know it has nothing to do with the freight at 653............seat belts, hand breaks and safety shoes...........that's all you need to worry about. The dock has potholes, forklifts have bad seats, tires, computers, scales or won't start. The water fountain tastes like a iron pipe there is no ventilation on the dock. Dock plates are breaking loose from the sides of the dock but belts, breaks and shoes are the number one priority!!! Go Team!!! DS.

Hey Longblade............I remember coming to Charlotte back in Dec. of 2008 as a UE from Charleston Sc. and freezing my butt off on that dock..........I also brought a 75 yr. old name Sigman with me and he had less seniority than me and he would always ask me if he could leave to go back to Charleston Sc. before me cause he was freezing to death and I felt sorry for him most of the time and I would leave around 4am back to Charleston........Glad that crap is over........ :thumbsup:

Docksteward might want to notify osha on forklift conditions, whole section on their web site detailing forklift violations.

dock and all the rest have been all over them about it all. fork lifts overall dock condition {like driving down a railroad track] roof leaking, dock plates .....
and the answer is NO WORRIES AS LONG AS YOUR SEAT BELTS BUCKLED :tribe:

[quote author=Docksteward link=topic=59151.msg608407#msg608407 date=1241043529]
OK..........it was requested and here it is. Post all pertinent information here with the goings on at both YRC Charlotte terminals. DS.
[/quote]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZyetWc7mKw

There has been a lot of talk around 653 about a change of operations. Most of them include a move back to 671. I have asked several different people "in the know" and here's what I got.....

The best I can tell is the company is interested in moving some of the road drivers that are domiciled at eol terminals back to the breaks. Nothing that I have been told involves dock workers or switchers or about re opening 681 or moving back to 671, sorry.

I do know these COO's are expensive due to moving expenses, etc and it wouldn't surprise me if the IBT or the banks are telling YRC to hold off on some of these changes for awhile.

With that being said there will probably be a COO out next week!! LOL DS.