Yellow | 681/653 Thread

I heard about another change coming that will affect 653,671 and 676. The way it was told to me that 676 (Hickory) would be taking over the Statesville zip codes. This would take freight from both Winston and Charlotte. At this rate Winston is gonna be a bigger ghost town than it already is!! I also agree with the statement that this is a POS company......sad. DS.

I heard about another change coming that will affect 653,671 and 676. The way it was told to me that 676 (Hickory) would be taking over the Statesville zip codes. This would take freight from both Winston and Charlotte. At this rate Winston is gonna be a bigger ghost town than it already is!! I also agree with the statement that this is a POS company......sad. DS.

Is that in addition to the one from 7-7-09 ?
This one has Has 676 Hickory gaining 6 L/H,
653 losing 2 and 671 losing 4
P&D 676 Gaining 8, 653 losing 3, And 671 losing 5

it's the same one, hearings on Aug 24, implementation on or around 9/1/09. Jeff has it here posted under hot off the fax, next coo 7/09....g

I thought a few of us may get called back to work after the combining of 681 & 653 and it may still happen but probably just for a short time....dosen't look good at all at this point !! :eck15:

hey dock will us guys that used to be 391 and are now 71 be able to go to the greensboro meeting instead of running all the way to charlotte?

Yea, lb...........there's no reason why you couldn't go to either meeting. I know several of us still live around the Winston area. I'll let everyone know as soon as I find out. DS.

Maybe if this thing goes through the cost savings will be gone and thew will stop the games.

We didnt run the company into the ground. Why should we be asked for more and more. We all know it is bad leadership. The games wont stop if it passes. I hope it is voted down by a landslide. The finish line is in site :TR10driving03:

Maybe if this thing goes through the cost savings will be gone and they will stop the games.
I may be wrong but I think the OT will continue. The OT lowers the cost of H&W per hour not pension. Even if you worked 7 days a week you were only credited for 5 days pension. I would like to be wrong!! Besides what would Rusty do if there were no games to be played and we just moved freight?? LOL DS.

Just wondering if the closing of 681 went smooth? Management knew of this for awhile, I don't guess they thought ahead and started training the 681 employees on the different technologies we use at 653? DS.

Just wondering if the closing of 681 went smooth? Management knew of this for awhile, I don't guess they thought ahead and started training the 681 employees on the different technologies we use at 653? DS.

681 employees, and their terminal manager, came over last Sat for a brief orientation, and QUICK class on using the DCT's....I guess they'll learn the system like the yellow guys had to do, by doing it and trial and error....