TForce | 7 drivers quitting in Fresno

I don't think the builders are using wood to build new houses anymore.
Using metal 2x4's and press wood beams,and floor joyces.
Well I guess thats some wood saw dust,and glue.
When I watch how houses are being bilt these days I can't understand why they want over a $100,000.00 when they are done,and ready to be sold?
You want off the subject,hows this?

Apo, metal 2x4s are used as partion, non load bearing walls. They do not add to the strength of the structure. In most states metal 2x4s are only allowed in aprtment complexes and not residentail single family dwellings.

Press wood (engineered) floor and buiding beams are stronger than regular wood
Engineered Wood Components used in several Design Basics Home Plans

As far as 100K, that won't buy you a good shed where I'm from.

Exactly!!! Save a Tree!!! NO drivers allowed on the dock. Save a pencil.:hysterical:

The stock on my shotgun is made out of red oak. And I would chop down the tree for another.... Down with synthetics... Down with tree hugger's. Down with gun hater's. Besides if I were not using my pencil you would have nowhere to go.

Its not like people are kicking the door down for an application to work the dock. And besides, the line to work on the dock ,IN the winter ,arises when we are BURNING PALLETS ( WOODEN PALLET'S) ( LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU HAVE HAD ENOUGH ) to keep warm on the dock. 20 below get's a little cold without wood.:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

You know its really hard to find anything made out of good wood anymore?
Almost every type of furniture these days are sawdust,and glue with wood grain wall paper out the outside.
Wherever you set this stuff up you'd do well to keep it there.
Because when you try to move it,it will twist,and all the pegs,and screws will start poppin out,than it will start falling apart.

You know its really hard to find anything made out of good wood anymore?
Almost every type of furniture these days are sawdust,and glue with wood grain wall paper out the outside.
Wherever you set this stuff up you'd do well to keep it there.
Because when you try to move it,it will twist,and all the pegs,and screws will start poppin out,than it will start falling apart.

Thanx APO...:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Yeah I know all about this furniture so called?
I deliver a lot of it.
Sauder,and O'sullivan,this stuff is really heavy.
When I'm putting it in the home owners garage,I say sign,and print on my bill,when I walk out, I say good luck with your sawdust,glue,and wall paper.
Well what kind of comment do they think their going to get from their areas friendly UPS Freight driver,after I muscled their stuff up their snowy driveway?

Yeah I know all about this furniture so called?
I deliver a lot of it.
Sauder,and O'sullivan,this stuff is really heavy.
When I'm putting it in the home owners garage,I say sign,and print on my bill,when I walk out, I say good luck with your sawdust,glue,and wall paper.
Well what kind of comment do they think their going to get from their areas friendly UPS Freight driver,after I muscled their stuff up their snowy driveway?

So in other words you insult them for buying a cheap product?

Ever since we've become a UPS company everyone expects us to bring everything from our trailers to wherever they want it.
When we were Overnite I always got help.
Now just because our new brand is UPS we have become slaves to these customers.

If someone lets me unload their junk furniture and put it in their garage without helping me,and becides they know its an appoinment delivery but they don't even bother shoveling a path in their driveway.
Well yes than I do enjoy insulting their new furniture choice,Teamster251.

And one last note on being a UPS driver.
Everyone in the world just expects because we are a UPS company that we are willing to do what the parcel drivers do.
Regardless of the fact we have to park in the street,and not in their driveway because our trailers are to long,than put it here,or put it there.
We are heavy freight we can't do what the parcel drivers do.
Come on people get a clue?

Ever since we've become a UPS company everyone expects us to bring everything from our trailers to wherever they want it.

If someone lets me unload their junk furniture and put it in their garage without helping me,and becides they know its an appoinment delivery but they don't even bother shoveling a path in their driveway.

Everyone in the world just expects because we are a UPS company that we are willing to do what the parcel drivers do.
Regardless of the fact we have to park in the street,and not in their driveway because our trailers are to long,than put it here,or put it there.

Well said brother!

So in other words you insult them for buying a cheap product?

It's expensive, cheap product. O'Sullivan and Sauder is pricey. So in addition to buying cheaply made expensive furniture, they have to hear the Truck Driver fire off his 2 cents as he rolls himself down the driveway. He might be thinking FedEx next time.:biglaugh: :hysterical:

Can you P&D's accept tips?

When I worked for a small freight company years ago, I would get tips for doing this kind of work, like taking 6 pallets of bottled water to a house in the Malibu hills. I had a tuck-away liftgate which those of you that operated one know about the lean. So in order to get the pallets off safely I had to park 3 houses down because of the incline and push the pallets upthe hill one at a time. then when I was done with that I had to strip the pallets down and 2 wheel the cases into the garage from the street, (because the owner would not allow the pallet jack on his driveway) And because I did all this with out giving the owner a problem I was given a pretty good tip. (about twice what I made an hour at the time)

I did alot of these kind of deliveries, the Downtown and Wilshire District High rises were the worst. Half the work was waiting out a place to park/or finding a place to park. The other half was hand carting the product in and out of the freight elevator (when the messengers, UPS, and FedEx guys were done) I allways complained about it, (to myself when I was down the road) but I was allways respectfull to the customer.

I always excepted a tip when I was a city p&d guy. Never insult a customer by refusing his/her politness when offering compensation for a service rendered.

I alway bought scarcth tickets with tips.

They only expect it if you continue to do it.
We've been over this before APO.

A simple here it is, sign here, is all that you need to do. Then you can say..........

"Oh do you need help sir getting it in YOUR garage sir? Here, let me give you a hand."

You are a freight guy not a package guy. Shame on you for letting people treat you like one. You've been around a long time APO, act like it.

I can't speak for any other terminal, but our terminal policy is curb delivery only unless the customer is paying for it. Also we don't take the trash back either, pallet, shrinkwrap, cardboard. Afterall we are not parcel nor are we BFI, we are freight.

I can't speak for any other terminal, but our terminal policy is curb delivery only unless the customer is paying for it. Also we don't take the trash back either, pallet, shrinkwrap, cardboard. Afterall we are not parcel nor are we BFI, we are freight.

Rite next to the mailbox. One day a man had a hissey fit , I delivered a hood for a jeep,rite next to the mailbox. He was supposed to be home and he was not and I could not see even his house from the road and after a 10 minute walk to the front door I rang, and no one home ,so I left it.

This man was beside himself when he saw this, and called the terminal MGR. this house was 35 minutes off of the beaten path, nor could I work around it, and I was not going to find a way to bring it back too redeliver it the next day, so viola.:butt kiss: