TForce | $80.00 A Month For Union Dues

Whatever your hourly rate is .
Its 2.5 hours worth for the monthly dues payments.
I know this has been covered numerous times on this UPS Freight forum.

So say your getting $22.00 per hour that would figure out to be $22.00x2=$44.00+$11.00=$55.00.
So based on your figure we must be getting a mega raise when we go union.

That is not always completely true, but generally it is correct. My local charges the same rate for freight members regardless of your pay in progression. I think I'm paying $56. In Oregon they are paying over $60. The local can charge whatever they want over 2.5 times the hourly rate which is the minimum but they usually dont.

Wheres just-me when questions like this come up?
he's from the Indy terminal and he along can say what they are paying there.

Some of these issue are really no brainers when you ask the right people.

I pay 88 per month, but Local 251 is three times the rate.

28.93 x 3 = 86.79 rounded up plus a $1 surcharge for the former Sec/Tres cocaine habit, which we are still paying for the funds he emblezed......................LOL

It's worth every penny. Remember your dues runs your local and pays the salaries of those working in the local.

Hold them accountable just like you would a polititian.

Get involved, go to monthly meetings, make yourself heard, be a good union man as well as a good company man.
T251

Well, I heard this from a reliable source at my barn and they said this is what the local out here wants to do. At $80.00 a month, that's 3.5 what you get. Also heard at my barn union is going to try and stick with the Indy terminal for us all. Won't happen at our barn. Don't care if we have to reject the contract a hundred times. Take care ya'll

dues 2 3/4 at our local,up from what it was five years ago,251 right got to go to the union meeting , cause that's where they vote on raising dues, by hand count if i remember.As for the indy contract am with you nightwalker,if the terminals keep falling into union hands at this rate,we could have 80% by May. Than tell UPS we want to go back to the table,don't want much, just paid health Ins.No two hour window an 100& guarantee of 40 hours not 90%. If not iI know this brings back bad thoughts, but we threaten to strike,UPS like's it's image,dosn't i.Don't want to, but we would like some of the bennies brown has? got to have 80% or more, 100% would be best,strength in number's

The days of striking is long gone.
knowledge,and intelegence not anger is used to settel everything now days.

When a strike vote comes up,the companies are the winners everytime.
They have a list of replacements to take your place,and the union can't do much about it.
Theres no power when company workers go on strike.
thats why your better off using reasoning.

Also heard at my barn union is going to try and stick with the Indy terminal for us all. Won't happen at our barn. Don't care if we have to reject the contract a hundred times. Take care ya'll

The Indy contract's basic policies, ethics and general work rules are what they are trying to push across. We read line item by line item and approved or rejected certain articles. You people will do the same. Once that is done along with things that you folks want to see in your contract are hashed out amoungst yourselves, you will bring that to the negotiations table. There you will win some things and possibly lose other things. Overall you will be better off than you would ever be under a at will, non-union company.

The days of striking is long gone.
knowledge,and intelegence not anger is used to settel everything now days.
If you don't want to strike, than the Indy contract is what it is,take or leave it. NO strike, no bargaining chip,it's the only chip the union has left.Wish it could be that way,but sometime's you have to push back,or the company will have it's way

The dues are 2.5 times your hourley rate, unless you make under $12 per hour and it is just 2 times your hourley rate.

The Local can access members a certain fee such as $1 per month to go into a special fund for organizing, building fund, etc.....ONLY after......

Section 5. Any increase in the rate structure of dues or initiation fees or the levying of any generalor special assessment shall be made only in accordance with the following procedure:

(a) Reasonable notice shall be given by the Secretary-Treasurer to the membership at least fifteen(15) days prior to the meeting at which the membership will consider the question of whether or
not such special assessment shall be changed or levied. The notice shall indicate that an increase
or assessment is to be voted on. Such meeting may be general or special.

(b) At the regular or special meeting called as provided in this section voting shall be by secret
ballot of the members in good standing.

(c) A majority vote by secret ballot of the members in good standing voting at such meeting shall
decide the issue.

IT IS YOUR UNION....KK

I just want to add that a member in good standing.
Is that you are required to work at least the amount of hours concidered fultime to receive benefits.
You are also required to have your dues paid in full up to date.
And lastly this item may be optional.
You shouldn't be a big mouth trouble maker oppossing the views of your union leaders,and brother,and sister Teamsters.

Now this is the way it was back in the dark ages 22 years ago when I was a Teamster.
If I'm wrong I know some current Teamster member will correct me on these issues.