Yellow | 90 days til pension is due....what trick do they have up there sleeve...Any thoughts?

THERE ARE MANY PROBLEMS WITH YRC, IN THE MANAGEMENT AND ALSO UNION MEMBERS,,, 1st, MOST OF THE PEOPLE FROM ZOLLARS ON DOWN, DO NOT HAVE ANY BRAINS ON OPERATING AN EFFICIENT COMPANY, I HAVE SEEN SO MUCH MONEY WASTED IN MANY WAYS, (HERE ARE SOME EXAMPLES) WHEN ROADWAY AND YELLOW WERE COMBINE TOGETHER, WE COULD NOT BELIEVE THAT ALL YELLOW TRAILERS COMING FROM DALLAS, HAD ALL THE FREIGHT FLOORED OUT, SO JUST THERE YELLOW WAS USING 2 LINEHAUL DRIVERS TO EACH ONE DRIVER THAT ROADWAY WAS RUNNING, TODAY WE HAVE ALOT OF LINEHAUL DRIVERS THAT ARE ALWAYS 2-4 HOURS LATE, I KNOW PROBLEMS ARE EXPECTED, BUT NOT TO THE EXTENT WE HAVE. AT OUR TERMINAL 50 o/o OF OUR LINEHAUL DRIVER RUN GREAT, AND THEY ARE UP IN THEIR YEARS, (THE REST OF THE YOUNGER DRIVERS SHOULD LEARN FROM THIS MEN, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE ONES KEEPING THIS COMPANY ALIVE). ALSO WE LOOSE PAYMENTS ON OVER 50 o/o ON OUR HOT SHIPMENTS, BECAUSE THEY NEVER MAKE IT ON TIME. WE ASKED A DALLAS MANAGEMENT IF THEY COULD HELP US BY TRAPPING AS MANY HOT SHIPMENTS INTO ONE TLR. SO WE COULD WORK ON JUST ONE OR TWO TRAILERS WITH HOT SHIPMENTS LIKE WE USED TO DO AT ROADWAY, UNIT NOW WE RECIEVED NO HELP FROM HIM OR ANYONE ELSE, SOMETIMES WE HAVE TO BREAK UP TO 4 TRAILER THAT COME IN LATE, AS ALWAYS, BECAUSE EACH TRAIL HAS AT LEAST ONE HOT SHIPMENT IN THEM. I THINK I HAVE LEARNED THAT TODAY,S YRC DOES NOT CARE ABOUT GIVING WHAT LITTLE CUSTOMERS THEY HAVE LEFT OVER GOOD SERVIVCE, AND THIS COMES FROM OUR LOCAL CUSTOMERS. WE HAVE BEEN MISSING ALOT OF PICK UPS OF FREIGHT FROM OUR CUSTOMERS BECAUSE WE CAN NOT BRING PEOPLE IN TO WORK. ANOTHER PROBLEM YRC HAS IS THAT THERE ARE TOO MANY LAZY PEOPLE WHO DONT CARE ABOUT DOING A GOOD JOB, ALL THEY CARE IS ABOUT GETTING THEIR PAYCHECK, EVEN IF THEY DID NOT EARN IT HONESTLY. THERE ON NOW ENOUGH GOOD PEOPLE IN YRC TO PICK UP THE SLACK FROM THE LAZY ONES. SOMETHING ELSE IT SEEMS THAT THEY ARE HOLDING FREIGHT BACK AND NOT MOVING IT TO US, THIS WAY THEY CAN LAY PEOPLE OFF,SEEMS THEY THEY HOLD FRIEGHT FROM GETTING HERE ON WED.-THUR. THEN BY FRI. THERE IS ALOT OF FREIGHT. ALSO IF OUR FREIGHT GETS HERE IT GETS HERE 2-6 PM,. HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU EXPECT A TERMINAL TO BE PROFITABLE WHEN THIS HAPPENS, LIKE I SAID WE HAVE ALOT OF BRAINLESS PEOPLE RUNNING YRC. CHANGES HAVE TO BE MADE 1st BY PEOPLE RUNNIG YRC, 2nd BY UNIONS MEMBERS, (BY DOING A BETTER JOB, AND TRY TO KEEP THIS COMPANY ALIVE) THIS COMPANY CAN GO OUT OF BUSINESS JUST LIKE OTHER BIGH COMPANINES THAT HAVE CLOSED DOWN, AND REMEMBER IF THIS HAPPENS THERE RETIREMENT MONEY FOR MAYBE A FEW YEARS, THEN IT WILL BE GONE,, SO YOU PEOPLE THAT CONSIDER YOURSELF SMART_ _ _ _ _, WORK LIKE YOUR FUTURE RETIREMENT MONEY DEPENDED ON IT, BECAUSE IT DOES

I dont see how this company can come back for more cash, it was stated by Zacks on 8/3/10 the yrc regional was operating at a 93.5, yrc national at a 95.5, and truckload wich is now supposedly gone they wereoperating at a 107.. Central States and the Teamsters will probably give them another year deferral since these numbers were released, and even though thevote will be turned down, it will probbaly still pass, just like the deferal and 5% they stole from us in 09.. True is what it is, Zollars has everybody believing this Yellow owned company is in serious trouble, and granted I believe they were, but they arent in the trouble they want us all to believe, Roadway and Holland both had big cash, and Yellow, well they were Yellow, this was done to destroy the already spineless teamsters...

THERE ARE MANY PROBLEMS WITH YRC, IN THE MANAGEMENT AND ALSO UNION MEMBERS,,, 1st, MOST OF THE PEOPLE FROM ZOLLARS ON DOWN, DO NOT HAVE ANY BRAINS ON OPERATING AN EFFICIENT COMPANY, I HAVE SEEN SO MUCH MONEY WASTED IN MANY WAYS, (HERE ARE SOME EXAMPLES) WHEN ROADWAY AND YELLOW WERE COMBINE TOGETHER, WE COULD NOT BELIEVE THAT ALL YELLOW TRAILERS COMING FROM DALLAS, HAD ALL THE FREIGHT FLOORED OUT, SO JUST THERE YELLOW WAS USING 2 LINEHAUL DRIVERS TO EACH ONE DRIVER THAT ROADWAY WAS RUNNING, TODAY WE HAVE ALOT OF LINEHAUL DRIVERS THAT ARE ALWAYS 2-4 HOURS LATE, I KNOW PROBLEMS ARE EXPECTED, BUT NOT TO THE EXTENT WE HAVE. AT OUR TERMINAL 50 o/o OF OUR LINEHAUL DRIVER RUN GREAT, AND THEY ARE UP IN THEIR YEARS, (THE REST OF THE YOUNGER DRIVERS SHOULD LEARN FROM THIS MEN, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE ONES KEEPING THIS COMPANY ALIVE). ALSO WE LOOSE PAYMENTS ON OVER 50 o/o ON OUR HOT SHIPMENTS, BECAUSE THEY NEVER MAKE IT ON TIME. WE ASKED A DALLAS MANAGEMENT IF THEY COULD HELP US BY TRAPPING AS MANY HOT SHIPMENTS INTO ONE TLR. SO WE COULD WORK ON JUST ONE OR TWO TRAILERS WITH HOT SHIPMENTS LIKE WE USED TO DO AT ROADWAY, UNIT NOW WE RECIEVED NO HELP FROM HIM OR ANYONE ELSE, SOMETIMES WE HAVE TO BREAK UP TO 4 TRAILER THAT COME IN LATE, AS ALWAYS, BECAUSE EACH TRAIL HAS AT LEAST ONE HOT SHIPMENT IN THEM. I THINK I HAVE LEARNED THAT TODAY,S YRC DOES NOT CARE ABOUT GIVING WHAT LITTLE CUSTOMERS THEY HAVE LEFT OVER GOOD SERVIVCE, AND THIS COMES FROM OUR LOCAL CUSTOMERS. WE HAVE BEEN MISSING ALOT OF PICK UPS OF FREIGHT FROM OUR CUSTOMERS BECAUSE WE CAN NOT BRING PEOPLE IN TO WORK. ANOTHER PROBLEM YRC HAS IS THAT THERE ARE TOO MANY LAZY PEOPLE WHO DONT CARE ABOUT DOING A GOOD JOB, ALL THEY CARE IS ABOUT GETTING THEIR PAYCHECK, EVEN IF THEY DID NOT EARN IT HONESTLY. THERE ON NOW ENOUGH GOOD PEOPLE IN YRC TO PICK UP THE SLACK FROM THE LAZY ONES. SOMETHING ELSE IT SEEMS THAT THEY ARE HOLDING FREIGHT BACK AND NOT MOVING IT TO US, THIS WAY THEY CAN LAY PEOPLE OFF,SEEMS THEY THEY HOLD FRIEGHT FROM GETTING HERE ON WED.-THUR. THEN BY FRI. THERE IS ALOT OF FREIGHT. ALSO IF OUR FREIGHT GETS HERE IT GETS HERE 2-6 PM,. HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU EXPECT A TERMINAL TO BE PROFITABLE WHEN THIS HAPPENS, LIKE I SAID WE HAVE ALOT OF BRAINLESS PEOPLE RUNNING YRC. CHANGES HAVE TO BE MADE 1st BY PEOPLE RUNNIG YRC, 2nd BY UNIONS MEMBERS, (BY DOING A BETTER JOB, AND TRY TO KEEP THIS COMPANY ALIVE) THIS COMPANY CAN GO OUT OF BUSINESS JUST LIKE OTHER BIGH COMPANINES THAT HAVE CLOSED DOWN, AND REMEMBER IF THIS HAPPENS THERE RETIREMENT MONEY FOR MAYBE A FEW YEARS, THEN IT WILL BE GONE,, SO YOU PEOPLE THAT CONSIDER YOURSELF SMART_ _ _ _ _, WORK LIKE YOUR FUTURE RETIREMENT MONEY DEPENDED ON IT, BECAUSE IT DOES

I fail to see your point! Its been 17 monthes since everything was switched over to the great roadway modis operandi and they are still losing money hand over fist. Only goes to show that borg management is just as stupid as yellow's if not more so. So all youz guys go out tomorrow in the 90 degree heat and work your testes off so bill and the poc jimmy can have a huge paycheck to go on vacation with.

I dont see how this company can come back for more cash, it was stated by Zacks on 8/3/10 the yrc regional was operating at a 93.5, yrc national at a 95.5, and truckload wich is now supposedly gone they wereoperating at a 107.. Central States and the Teamsters will probably give them another year deferral since these numbers were released, and even though thevote will be turned down, it will probbaly still pass, just like the deferal and 5% they stole from us in 09.. True is what it is, Zollars has everybody believing this Yellow owned company is in serious trouble, and granted I believe they were, but they arent in the trouble they want us all to believe, Roadway and Holland both had big cash, and Yellow, well they were Yellow, this was done to destroy the already spineless teamsters...

They should have shut this dog down 2 years ago. Then there would have been some cash left for the pensions and to pay employees their vacations and such. All thats happened is bill and his cronies, poc jimmy, "little" johnson and right down the line have gotten gigantic bonus' and super parties. Wonder if Beth got any new shoes.

i personally dont believe yrc is getting all our paycut money.my certified accountant looked at my paycheck summary.he said if my paycut money was going to the company.the description in your deduction would read yrc equity wage not equity wage union.in accounting everything has to be labeled correctly.all monies have to be labeled where its going.

Abf is paying in along with all the smaller trucking companies out there who are Teamsters. Poor Managment at YRCW. And after that last giveback they gave that one exec like an $800,000 bonus if he'd stay and then he left. what a slap in the face. So it will be NO on this ballot if they even have the nerve to ask. I cannot believe the pension funds would agree to another deferrment? Guess we shall see...soon

where have you been 98% will surrender there pension and you know it

Did you watch the whole clip? It's for"YOUTH REVIVAL CONFRANCE" !!! Ahhhh you almost had me noodle, you son of a duck!

YRC is making money they just spend it all so they show a loss so they can cry poor and try not to pay back into the funds.

All you guys have to do is when you receive your ballots let all of the ABF brothers and sisters vote for you then send it back in and you will be amazed how YRC will come up with the money.......enuff is enuff..........nuff said.......

Why don't you "guys" who think the company has money to burn during this recession get other jobs and never look back at YRC?

I'll vote YES for another pension deferment in a heartbeat to make sure this company rides out the recession.
Mr. Lover, where ta hell have you been!!!!! I knew if anything would draw you back it would be a zipper on the back of a man's trousers! Hows your gerbil ranch going in Arizona? Hope all your workers have green cards or I'm calling INS! So glad you're back. xoxoxoxoxoxo! PS: They've got money for huge bonus', fancy meetings in exotic places and 1.5 Million for a washed up golf player. I'd call that money to burn.

con way hiring 63 cents mile no pension or union dues

no pension or union dues..it don't get any better then that

facepalm.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the company will attempt to defer until the end of the contract. They will offer full pension pay in and a nice raise for all existing employees with the stipulation that all new hires will make less and be 401K, and not in the pension plan.

B.A. says the company is offering 750 hrs a year to pension contributions....says pension board is looking at it now (which they can say no)....problem is other companies will want the same thing when there up for contract negotiations . If the International goes for that......Why would any other company want to pay 2080 a year when YRC dont have to??? Of course we the members would have to vote on that...........HERE WE GO!!