Yellow | 90 days til pension is due....what trick do they have up there sleeve...Any thoughts?

B.A. says the company is offering 750 hrs a year to pension contributions....says pension board is looking at it now (which they can say no)....problem is other companies will want the same thing when there up for contract negotiations . If the International goes for that......Why would any other company want to pay 2080 a year when YRC dont have to??? Of course we the members would have to vote on that...........HERE WE GO!!

And where did your BA read this on paper....the **** house wall? No information will be released until they call for a 2-Man Committee meeting...so why dont you call the IBT Freight Div. and tell them what your BA told you and you will get the facts....your BA will be knee deep in **** for doing so...but he is telling you the truth....right?.....KK

YRC is making money they just spend it all so they show a loss so they can cry poor and try not to pay back into the funds.
BINGO- Yrcw doesnt want to make money to soon.Because they want help with the central states fund. Which in turn puts pressure on the union to get the dems to vote in favor. Its the old one hand washs the other.Im sorry to say to they know how to make money. Tell you what do you think if they made money this year the employees would want there pension there for puts no pressure on the dems to pass pension reform.This is playing out just the way they want.We will get the pension back the amount is unknown.How else would jimmy jr have a chance in hell to stay in office. We have market cap of 5 billion what company would not want that. The Debt is not the problem people. Its getting out of and fixing penion funds........

And where did your BA read this on paper....the **** house wall? No information will be released until they call for a 2-Man Committee meeting...so why dont you call the IBT Freight Div. and tell them what your BA told you and you will get the facts....your BA will be knee deep in **** for doing so...but he is telling you the truth....right?.....KK
And there in lies Teamsters biggest problem as far as member involvement. Get a BA that tries to keep the membership in the process and he has to fear "deep in ****". Or worse yet...be kicked out of the click. :shrug:

Play nice TurboJ.:Rulz:
Whats the matter, you want some too? Here ya go, xoxoxoxoxoxo! PS: If the 750 hours thing is true, I hope that everyone realizes, at least here, that you need 1000 hours for a benefit year towards the pension. Theres definitely another screw job on the way, big time.

The only problem is the dems and am not one will be loosing alot of seats in senate and house. The republicans will get rid of healthcare reform etc. Hoffa played his hand and lost! It will be our demise. SUCKS I had 1yr to go. now pension guarantee for what ever at 65. If i can even get the 1yr!

He happens to work for the international as well as B.A.....and probably one of the most respected agents in the this union.....I dont think he has any reason to lie to me ....Im not going to front this guy out...Hes only been good to me and the members....This is whats on the table right now...doesnt mean it will remain that way ....but you know and everyone else knows that YRC wants to pay as little as possible into our pension..(we need 500hrs a year here on the west to count toward peer) ...

And there in lies Teamsters biggest problem as far as member involvement. Get a BA that tries to keep the membership in the process and he has to fear "deep in ****". Or worse yet...be kicked out of the click. :shrug:

The knee deep in **** comment refered to telling rumors out there to the members....NOBODY has been told a damned thing yet....so for another BA to say so is not giving out any documented facts and helps the members in no way....especially if it does not turn out like the BAsaid....pretty stupid thing for any BA to do actually....so call the freight EDiv. and tell them YOUR BA told you so....then you will be able to know if it fact or not.....KK

He happens to work for the international as well as B.A.....and probably one of the most respected agents in the this union.....I dont think he has any reason to lie to me ....Im not going to front this guy out...Hes only been good to me and the members....This is whats on the table right now...doesnt mean it will remain that way ....but you know and everyone else knows that YRC wants to pay as little as possible into our pension..(we need 500hrs a year here on the west to count toward peer) ...

And....i would guess he told you that in confidence?....the you should not be repeating it on the forum....that alos puts him in a bad light....seeing how a small number of IBT Reps are BAs that are on that Committee that met last week....short list to guess from....should not have repeated it.....KK

NOW....you guys know why I do not give you the answers that you want to hear when you send me a PM?

I do not give anything out unless it is documented facts in my hands....last thing I need to hear is ""KK told me this....KK told me that"....I don"t play that way....many of you that have been on here for a long time know that!.....KK

Last edited by a moderator:
NOW....you guys know whay I do not give you the answers that you want to hear when you send me a PM?

I do not give anything out unless it is documented facts in my hands....last thing I need to hear is ""KK told me this....KK told me that"....I don"t play that way....many of you that have been on here for a long time know that!.....KK
I for one know it. And I do not fault you for that. I also don't have a problem with a BA, Steward, or any other "Official" sharing what they have heard. In my opinion there is nothing to be gained by keeping everyone in the dark until we can have a 2 hour Sunday meeting to discuss what just went down. By then there is no possibility of interjecting anything into the process. Except Yes or No. Maybe that is the plan And I'm just to stupid to realize it. :popcorn:

NOW....you guys know whay I do not give you the answers that you want to hear when you send me a PM?

Ok young man, we've talked about this before! I'll be calling your parents tonight about using red ink on your reports! You'll be getting detention all next week! And "NO" sports either!!!

And....i would guess he told you that in confidence?....the you should not be repeating it on the forum....that alos puts him in a bad light....seeing how a small number of IBT Reps are BAs that are on that Committee that met last week....short list to guess from....should not have repeated it.....KK
Why are you so concerned that this info has been put out there?? It seems as though you know whats happening and dont want to say ...are you afraid of confirming what has been said? You see thats the problem throughout all of this mess.... The union officials have taken a soft stance toward these companies and have forgotten about how it will effect ALL members not just YRC members..So KK tell what you know when you know it...remember where your loyalty is supposed to be.... WITH THE MEMBERS!!

YRC Worldwide Inc. (YRCW

is currently rated as having

Aggressive Accounting & Governance Risk (AGR®), receiving an AGR score that places them in the 27th percentile among the approximately 8,000 companies in North America rated by Audit Integrity, indicating higher accounting and governance risk than 73% of the other companies.

the speculation is rampant--
28.gif

like it is what it is and it ain't what it ain't

the accounting is somewhat aggressive but which way-progressive or impressive is anybody's guess

Teamster lawyers have access to the books
teamsterlogo.jpg

and they know the gospel truth

YRC Worldwide Inc. (YRCW

is currently rated as having

the speculation is rampant--
28.gif

like it is what it is and it ain't what it ain't

the accounting is somewhat aggressive but which way-progressive or impressive is anybody's guess

Teamster lawyers have access to the books
teamsterlogo.jpg

and they know the gospel truth

Very good point Joe, and I guess thats the problem in a nut shell. I lost my blind faith in the current leadership some time ago.

THERE ARE MANY PROBLEMS WITH YRC, IN THE MANAGEMENT AND ALSO UNION MEMBERS,,, 1st, MOST OF THE PEOPLE FROM ZOLLARS ON DOWN, DO NOT HAVE ANY BRAINS ON OPERATING AN EFFICIENT COMPANY, I HAVE SEEN SO MUCH MONEY WASTED IN MANY WAYS, (HERE ARE SOME EXAMPLES) WHEN ROADWAY AND YELLOW WERE COMBINE TOGETHER, WE COULD NOT BELIEVE THAT ALL YELLOW TRAILERS COMING FROM DALLAS, HAD ALL THE FREIGHT FLOORED OUT, SO JUST THERE YELLOW WAS USING 2 LINEHAUL DRIVERS TO EACH ONE DRIVER THAT ROADWAY WAS RUNNING, TODAY WE HAVE ALOT OF LINEHAUL DRIVERS THAT ARE ALWAYS 2-4 HOURS LATE, I KNOW PROBLEMS ARE EXPECTED, BUT NOT TO THE EXTENT WE HAVE. AT OUR TERMINAL 50 o/o OF OUR LINEHAUL DRIVER RUN GREAT, AND THEY ARE UP IN THEIR YEARS, (THE REST OF THE YOUNGER DRIVERS SHOULD LEARN FROM THIS MEN, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE ONES KEEPING THIS COMPANY ALIVE). ALSO WE LOOSE PAYMENTS ON OVER 50 o/o ON OUR HOT SHIPMENTS, BECAUSE THEY NEVER MAKE IT ON TIME. WE ASKED A DALLAS MANAGEMENT IF THEY COULD HELP US BY TRAPPING AS MANY HOT SHIPMENTS INTO ONE TLR. SO WE COULD WORK ON JUST ONE OR TWO TRAILERS WITH HOT SHIPMENTS LIKE WE USED TO DO AT ROADWAY, UNIT NOW WE RECIEVED NO HELP FROM HIM OR ANYONE ELSE, SOMETIMES WE HAVE TO BREAK UP TO 4 TRAILER THAT COME IN LATE, AS ALWAYS, BECAUSE EACH TRAIL HAS AT LEAST ONE HOT SHIPMENT IN THEM. I THINK I HAVE LEARNED THAT TODAY,S YRC DOES NOT CARE ABOUT GIVING WHAT LITTLE CUSTOMERS THEY HAVE LEFT OVER GOOD SERVIVCE, AND THIS COMES FROM OUR LOCAL CUSTOMERS. WE HAVE BEEN MISSING ALOT OF PICK UPS OF FREIGHT FROM OUR CUSTOMERS BECAUSE WE CAN NOT BRING PEOPLE IN TO WORK. ANOTHER PROBLEM YRC HAS IS THAT THERE ARE TOO MANY LAZY PEOPLE WHO DONT CARE ABOUT DOING A GOOD JOB, ALL THEY CARE IS ABOUT GETTING THEIR PAYCHECK, EVEN IF THEY DID NOT EARN IT HONESTLY. THERE ON NOW ENOUGH GOOD PEOPLE IN YRC TO PICK UP THE SLACK FROM THE LAZY ONES. SOMETHING ELSE IT SEEMS THAT THEY ARE HOLDING FREIGHT BACK AND NOT MOVING IT TO US, THIS WAY THEY CAN LAY PEOPLE OFF,SEEMS THEY THEY HOLD FRIEGHT FROM GETTING HERE ON WED.-THUR. THEN BY FRI. THERE IS ALOT OF FREIGHT. ALSO IF OUR FREIGHT GETS HERE IT GETS HERE 2-6 PM,. HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU EXPECT A TERMINAL TO BE PROFITABLE WHEN THIS HAPPENS, LIKE I SAID WE HAVE ALOT OF BRAINLESS PEOPLE RUNNING YRC. CHANGES HAVE TO BE MADE 1st BY PEOPLE RUNNIG YRC, 2nd BY UNIONS MEMBERS, (BY DOING A BETTER JOB, AND TRY TO KEEP THIS COMPANY ALIVE) THIS COMPANY CAN GO OUT OF BUSINESS JUST LIKE OTHER BIGH COMPANINES THAT HAVE CLOSED DOWN, AND REMEMBER IF THIS HAPPENS THERE RETIREMENT MONEY FOR MAYBE A FEW YEARS, THEN IT WILL BE GONE,, SO YOU PEOPLE THAT CONSIDER YOURSELF SMART_ _ _ _ _, WORK LIKE YOUR FUTURE RETIREMENT MONEY DEPENDED ON IT, BECAUSE IT DOES
I would like to comment on just one item but could have a Field Day!
"When Yellow and Roadway were combined together"
IT THEN BECAME YRC
SO ARE YOU SAYING EVERYBODY (YRC) FLOORED OUT THE YELLOW TRAILERS AND ALL THE ROADWAY TRAILERS WERE HIGH AND TIGHT?
I THINK YOU USED TO WORK FOR ROADWAY AM I RIGHT?

Why are you so concerned that this info has been put out there?? It seems as though you know whats happening and dont want to say ...are you afraid of confirming what has been said? You see thats the problem throughout all of this mess.... The union officials have taken a soft stance toward these companies and have forgotten about how it will effect ALL members not just YRC members..So KK tell what you know when you know it...remember where your loyalty is supposed to be.... WITH THE MEMBERS!!

my loalty is with the members .....it would be a dis-service to the members to comment on rumors....that all this is now....RUMORS!.....KK

Your right it is a rumor from a very credible source which happens to be a B.A. So call it what you would like, IMO its very close to what will be officially offered to the members (if not exactly) The international is in a very tough position, they have to bring something back to the members thats not a slap in the face to us and at the same time keep a company afloat as well as adhering to the pensions strict rules and regs ...anything less than full pension contributions will be a tough sell to all involved...which will be what the company will offer...something less than full contribution you know it and I know it ..and if and when that happens these other organized companies will jump up and down when it comes time for there own contract negotiations ..there going to point there finger at yrc and say WE WANT WHAT THEY GOT.