TForce | 90% of Bids

Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
Somewhere in this Contract 101 were are all having was a statement of the 90% and I can't find it, so lets start another thread.

90% of full-time employees holding down bid jobs will be guaranteed a minimum of 8 hours pay.....

NMFA only protects 75% of bid work....the rest is extra work, which has a minimum of 8 hours for work......

Some of these can be tweaked when we do the Area Supplement within 60 days after ratification....gotta go spend Sunday with the family....you guys do the same....KK:smilie_132:

As it has been explained to me: those folks holding bid work that are in the 90 percent, will be guarnteed 8 hours pay should they show for work and then told to go home or called and told to stay home. That is how it has been explained to me. The 10%, not on bid work, I assume, will be considerd CASUAL and will have to be available for work when ever needed, (keep your cell phone handy). These folks will be the first laid off when business slows, unless, they can bump over to local/dock if they have the time.

As it has been explained to me: those folks holding bid work that are in the 90 percent, will be guarnteed 8 hours pay should they show for work and then told to go home or called and told to stay home. That is how it has been explained to me. The 10%, not on bid work, I assume, will be considerd CASUAL and will have to be available for work when ever needed, (keep your cell phone handy). These folks will be the first laid off when business slows, unless, they can bump over to local/dock if they have the time.

Is it true that the terminal can set any amount of bids? Or is there a certain % that need to be bids. I do not see anything in the contract stating what % of the workforce must be bidded? Does this mean they can set up only 10 bids out of 20 drivers and then guarantee 9 of the 20 eight hours?

..that casual word causes me concern..in package casual means not full time...now go back to the seniority article..see now your time moves to another list...nope I don't think that`ll fly...now package has call lists with call blocks...now that`ll work...at least the turn guys have some sort of control of their rest and being ready for work...now vac. fill-in guys..why in the heck have this bid...make them all turn and the turn guys bid it the prior week...remember thats how package does it..as package goes so goes freight....as much as possible anyway....now the ringer I don`t much care for this list is strictly run by senority..well at least in CLT I`m told...nope I think we had the better way to run it..senority for first nite then first in first out the rest of the week..this may be a sup. decision but we must take care of the guys on the bottom...and another thing what about bid drivers marking off to give the turn guys the ability to get a few miles in lean times..yeap thats a practice I hope we keep in use..Article 29,41..should cover but there is a dirty little practice that a package driver warned me of if a practice gets ignored for obvious reasons it get droppped..so guys old practice need to be brought into work rules negotiation...

KK,Article 18; Section 2.Don't know what you have down there(south),but , going back to 2002 when i was last in the union under the MNFA.Everyone on the list had a start time.Section 2; also states that the company shall also have the right to maintain a sufficient number of full-time employees without a posted or established schedule in order to handle unscheduled and extra ad hoc work.How many is that? What the hell has happen to this great union, they are suppose repersent us not the company, let the manager learn how to properly bid his barn ,that's what they pay him to do

Also, unless yours is different, the 90%, which only applies to local cartage operations means that if you have 100 city drivers 90 of them will be on bids.....the other 10 will be on call. If you only have 10 the same formula applies.....9 will be on bids and one will be on call.

Also, unless yours is different, the 90%, which only applies to local cartage operations means that if you have 100 city drivers 90 of them will be on bids.....the other 10 will be on call. If you only have 10 the same formula applies.....9 will be on bids and one will be on call.

I do not believe you are correct on this. From what I am inderstanding, only 90% of bids are guaranteed work. There is no mention of the % of the workforce that will be bidded from what I see.

Kennesaw can you help us out on this?

I do not believe you are correct on this. From what I am inderstanding, only 90% of bids are guaranteed work. There is no mention of the % of the workforce that will be bidded from what I see.

Kennesaw can you help us out on this?
That's why I stated..."Unless yours is different"....

KK,Article 18; Section 2.Don't know what you have down there(south),but , going back to 2002 when i was last in the union under the MNFA.Everyone on the list had a start time.Section 2; also states that the company shall also have the right to maintain a sufficient number of full-time employees without a posted or established schedule in order to handle unscheduled and extra ad hoc work.How many is that? What the hell has happen to this great union, they are suppose represent us not the company, let the manager learn how to properly bid his barn ,that's what they pay him to do

..we already have that on the road side anyway its the turn guys..which sux I might say...they need call blocks...if safety is to be so paramount..yeah I`ve been up 14 hrs.. then lay down only to get the call and told to run 570 miles...safe most certainly not...but thats the practice,,turn board guys get it up the waazooe...at least with call boards you get some sort of control of your life...

The amount of hours the casuals worked would set the need for addtional full-time employees to be added.....this is something that could be handled in the Area Supplements.

Down here, we have start times for ALL bids....if your bid is canceled you have the right to stay home or place your senority on the extra-board to be called for another run.....KK

Somewhere in this Contract 101 were are all having was a statement of the 90% and I can't find it, so lets start another thread.

90% of full-time employees holding down bid jobs will be guaranteed a minimum of 8 hours pay.....

NMFA only protects 75% of bid work....the rest is extra work, which has a minimum of 8 hours for work......

Some of these can be tweaked when we do the Area Supplement within 60 days after ratification....gotta go spend Sunday with the family....you guys do the same....KK:smilie_132:

This was the message that you referred to:

*** con ***

here's another slip-in...

According to Article 18 - Workday and Workweek - section 2. Full-time Employees

The language reads:

Ninety percent (90%) of the full-time employees holding bid jobs will be guaranteed a minimum of eight (8) hours pay per day when put to work and the standard guaranteed workweek shall be forty (40) hours per week

I posted it in the Pro's and Con's - Master List

our contract states only 90% of fulltime bids will be guaranteed 8 hours.

There are no guidelines set to follow regarding the amount of bids the company must post.

our contract states only 90% of fulltime bids will be guaranteed 8 hours.

There are no guidelines set to follow regarding the amount of bids the company must post.
O,
Unless your deal is very different it will be negotiated, not dictated, as to how many bids are posted. The Stewards will be able to do a count of daily averages and go from there.

Here's something to consider for those of you who don't really know how being under a contract is. I've been under them for over 25 years and the worst case scenarios that some dream up will never come to fruition. That will not stop people from continuing to talk about all of the doomsday "what if" situations. Some folks are born with a negative disposition and will always fail to see anything good while most will accept things and move on trying to be happy.

Where can I find all of this information out, this is not a question I would of thought to ask the rep at the time.

Is it a set process defined somewhere else. I would of thought it would have been defined in the contract or suppliment.

O,
Unless your deal is very different it will be negotiated, not dictated, as to how many bids are posted. The Stewards will be able to do a count of daily averages and go from there.

Exactly, the managers are not going to be able to pull some arbitrary # out of @ss. That is what the grievance is for, unfair labor practice.:1036316054:

Where can I find all of this information out, this is not a question I would of thought to ask the rep at the time.

Is it a set process defined somewhere else. I would of thought it would have been defined in the contract or suppliment.

They can not put a the # of bids in the contract. The bids will increase or decrease with freight levels. That is why there will be bids done on a semi-annual basis.

I have no idea if it's written or not. If I were you I'd call the Hall and ask...or ask at your meeting. The bidding process has always been negotiated wherever I've been and that includes the number of bids, destinations, time of bids, etc....not just thrown at us by the boss.

That is the power your area supplement will have.......you will have your dispatch procedures and bidding procedures set at the local area........KK