TForce | 90% of Bids

The contract clearly states that start times will be bid and it would be 90% of the times are guaranteed. But read closer and it will tell you that UPS has the right to have extra drivers for the good times that we are busy so 90% of 100 isnt exactly 90. Understand?? It is really gray area. Its possible 20 people wont have a bid time and be on layoff.

The contract clearly states that start times will be bid and it would be 90% of the times are guaranteed. But read closer and it will tell you that UPS has the right to have extra drivers for the good times that we are busy so 90% of 100 isnt exactly 90. Understand?? It is really gray area. Its possible 20 people wont have a bid time and be on layoff.

In the city, that is correct. On the road I am not sure. But that 10% Will not have a bid.

we were told in our meeting that was local cartage language and that road drivers weren't guaranteed anything. they said that they have never seen anything in any contract that addressed road like that.

20 people? Oh no, my entire terminal will be on layoff! I wish we were ovnt again. this way there would be no layoffs or gray areas.:biglaugh:

whats to keep them from setting up low amount of bids with a huge casual workforce

This is exactly what I have been trying to get people to realize, the president of the local said not every ft employee will have a bid it took me to ask him 3 questions before he finally answered it. But he confirmed it.

100 ft employees 35 extraboard would be 56 employees would be guaranteed 8 hours.

I would be willing to bet "extraboard" will now cover city operations also.

This is exactly what I have been trying to get people to realize, the president of the local said not every ft employee will have a bid it took me to ask him 3 questions before he finally answered it. But he confirmed it.

100 ft employees 35 extraboard would be 56 employees would be guaranteed 8 hours.

I would be willing to bet "extraboard" will now cover city operations also.

Take a copy of the bid runs in the city and the road from the schedule if it is in wrighting, everytime a run appears or is dropped this will tell you what the 90-10 is. Then people will be able to bid accordingly. And MGNT will have to pay the price if it is more then 50% of the time.

Yes he did not come out and say it but I think a bid will be a schedule run 90% of schedules are guranteed 40 hours.

I see them combining city runs to get 15+ stops avg. per day.

Yes he did not come out and say it but I think a bid will be a schedule run 90% of schedules are guranteed 40 hours.

Well he mite, but do not forget, UPS is all customer assistance, so if the runs are being beaten up they could go back to what they were, keep an eye out for it.

And get a copy of the schedule before and after.

At our vote meeting the local president stated that he considers that the jobs with no start time will be the 10%. This will be hashed out in the supplements. The guaranteed work week will be 40 hrs. Unless you have an off day during the week then there is no 40 hr guarantee, you must work everyday of the 5 day work week to get the guarantee of 40 hrs.

I drive over 200 miles plus everyday and I average 16 stops per day, easy.