Yellow | ABF might just be our saving grace

Rockstar,
I don't know about the law suit but, if we can help them stand strong on the contract negotiations, we might just stand a chance on getting back what we have givin up. If they give up and take concessions....Well we all are screwed!

What I read ABF is asking for 750 million in damages and an immediate snap back for YRC employees. Fair competition? Apparently YRC states that ABF is no longer a part of the original NMFA so they have no say in the festivities. ABF still claims to have a strong, and expensive case.

Best of 7

What I read ABF is asking for 750 million in damages and an immediate snap back for YRC employees. Fair competition? Apparently YRC states that ABF is no longer a part of the original NMFA so they have no say in the festivities. ABF still claims to have a strong, and expensive case.
Perhaps you should read the all information at this site. Summary of Grievance | ABF Legal Action ABF has had this lawsuit dismissed twice. Why? Because UNTIL they present their grievance, their law suit is WITHOUT merit. ALL requested relief must be exhausted through the collective bargaining agreement BEFORE seeking relief through the courts. Also, the remedy sought includes ANY changes to the NMFA be applied to ALL signatory participants.
And let me ask you this since ABF proposed a concessionary agreement and it was rejected. WAS THAT a violation of the SAME NMFA that YRCW VIOLATED???????

Last edited by a moderator:
Green trucks rule! Old Dominion, the class act of non-union carriers, ABF, the class act of union carriers. Go get'em Bullfrog.

Now you got it silly boy. The court agreed twice. ABF is playing the best of seven. YRC needs two more wins to cinch it :biglaugh:

Thanks for your already known input. So now, I'll ask you (knowing that your so bright!) Why would ABF keep spending millions in legal fees if they don't know something that , lets say... you don't? Hmmmmmm?

Perhaps you should read the all information at this site. Summary of Grievance | ABF Legal Action ABF has had this lawsuit dismissed twice. Why? Because UNTIL they present their grievance, their law suit is WITHOUT merit. ALL requested relief must be exhausted through the collective bargaining agreement BEFORE seeking relief through the courts. Also, the remedy sought includes ANY changes to the NMFA be applied to ALL signatory participants.
And let me ask you this since ABF proposed a concessionary agreement and it was rejected. WAS THAT a violation of the SAME NMFA that YRCW VIOLATED???????[/QUOTE
I thought you said you read this. Apparently ABF wasn't a part of our NMFA. ABF claims different. BTW I would say that ABF doesn't have any merit just yet. If this goes through, we could be immediately put in the unemployment line. Get it now?

Everyone will draw their own conclusions. But consider this, ABF proposed their own concessions. It was voted down and correctly so. Do you not agree that since they could not get the same deal from their teamsters, now they are claiming that voting on concessions is a violation! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA If we go out of business it WILL NOT be because of ABF's lawsuit.

I believe AbF has a point.Also by them keeping on with the lawsuit.Seems like they are trying to show us(labor) how bad we(labor)has screwed up by voting not only once but two times for a pay cut.Then we all know what happened after our second vote.The trustees of the Pension fund decided that they would give YRCW a break by waiving the pension payments.Then afterwards we were supposed to have been pacified with some stock options.Which after two reverse stock splits.Basically devalued our share.
I didn't vote yes for neither of the payouts.I do believe however without the first pay cut we might have been out of a job.The subsequent pay cuts and or pension cuts were deemed unnecessary in my opinion.My belief is that as long as Zollars was running things.We couldn't have supplied enough money for his liking.It was criminal.I think it should've been either pay cuts or no payment into the pension fund.This concessionary event was and is just too much.Thats what's unfair to everyone including ABF..Not right

one thing i think where missing why would abf want to win they put yrcw out of bussiness they would have to pick up the orphans(adding all yrcw ) in the pension fund they couldnt afford that???????? right

one thing i think where missing why would abf want to win they put yrcw out of bussiness they would have to pick up the orphans(adding all yrcw ) in the pension fund they couldnt afford that???????? right

You think if YRC went down because they lost the law-suit the union would allow ABF to take on the pension liability? I don't know what the law is but ABF has a lot to gain by putting YRC to rest. Their growth and stock is totally dependent on it. ABF Inc doesn't seem to be in control of their work force. They rely more on the courts to level the playing field then their own ability to make it happen.:coffee1:

And 750 million!?! This company is on its last leg as it is. I don't give a damn if they spend all this money on branding and newsletters etc. YRC Freight is BROKE!!

Round 3

And 750 million!?! This company is on its last leg as it is. I don't give a damn if they spend all this money on branding and newsletters etc. YRC Freight is BROKE!!
Thank you for stating the OBVIOUS! Now why do you believe that the IBT and YRCW did not CAREFULLY study the consequences of the concessions that YRCW Teamsters voted to accept? Oh, yeah ONLY ABF has smart lawyers. That's why their lawsuit has been dismissed TWICE!
Could you please explain to us the difference between YRCW's vote on concessions and ABF's vote, other than the result?:popcorn:

I think they keep pursuing this.because it allows us members to peel the onion back and let us see just how unfair this concession really is.Its bad for business and for everyone.Ive learned more by ABF lawsuits than what our own Union had allow us to know