Yellow | ABF might just be our saving grace

Thank you for stating the OBVIOUS! Now why do you believe that the IBT and YRCW did not CAREFULLY study the consequences of the concessions that YRCW Teamsters voted to accept? Oh, yeah ONLY ABF has smart lawyers. That's why their lawsuit has been dismissed TWICE!
Could you please explain to us the difference between YRCW's vote on concessions and ABF's vote, other than the result?:popcorn:

Hey **** head, put on your reading glasses.

There you go again albag talking truth and using facts, when are you going to learn that we're not going to tolerate such behavior around here.

There you go again albag talking truth and using facts, when are you going to learn that we're not going to tolerate such behavior around here.

As I've stated many times, everyone will draw their own conclusions based on the evidence available. Which is why I asked Rockstar to explain. Maybe I missed something. Because believe me nothing would make me happier than to return to pre-concession conditions.

The only thing I'm reading is there is a loon amongst us who fantasizes about YRC failing. Dream on, silly boy but don't bet on it. You will lose money:biglaugh:
I'm sure your right Joe,YRC has just been toying with the competition! They'll have that 1.3 billion paid off in no time,not to mention wages back to 100% and the pension solvent again. Counting the day's !

I'm sure your right Joe,YRC has just been toying with the competition! They'll have that 1.3 billion paid off in no time,not to mention wages back to 100% and the pension solvent again. Counting the day's !

YRC was and is relying on a strong economic recovery to stop the rectal bleeding which hasn't happened yet. But being a pessimist a strong economic return won't happen with another four years of Obama. If it ever does happen 100% wage return is possible sometime down the road by the year 2020 or so. The pension is another question. Our cousins at ABF may pair up with us at some point

Just a thought, Jimmy made us vote until we got it right, he didnt offer ABF the same deal. This lawsuit might actually have more to do with the IBT than YRC. Granted ABF has nowwhere near the debt YRC has or had, but this lawsuit could actually get twisted and thrown into the IBTs lap and not Overland Parks.

YRC was and is relying on a strong economic recovery to stop the rectal bleeding which hasn't happened yet. But being a pessimist a strong economic return won't happen with another four years of Obama. If it ever does happen 100% wage return is possible sometime down the road by the year 2020 or so. The pension is another question. Our cousins at ABF may pair up with us at some point
I did'nt realize the president was responsible for the bad decisions yrc has made. Why is it that every other truck line is making huge profits,yet yrc freight cannot? Why in the world would A trucking co that's in the black want to buy this co ? Mabe they want it because of their great decision making or mabe for their equipment,I know they want their over the hill work force that most won't do any work! This must be it!

ABF in Court | Teamsters for a Democratic Union third paragraph says it all...................................

ABF now has to show that the Teamsters Union had no right to give YRC concessions without granting them to ABF. That may prove to be impossible. ABF withdrew from the employers’ joint bargaining group prior to the last contract.

ABF Teamsters rejected concessions negotiated by the Hoffa administration in May of 2010.

ABF is pursuing the lawsuit in the hope of keeping it's stock price propped up..to keep it from crashing further..to keep YRC stock down by spooking investors which was always the motive of the lawsuit

Find it funny how trends keep repeating with Yellow freight, declare bk or are on the verge of bk, buy a truckline then run that line out of business and sell its assets.. The more thing change the more they stay the same, Yellow Freight is and has been its own worst enemy because they were always trying to biggest, but didnt know how to manage when they were one of the smallest..

ABF is pursuing the lawsuit in the hope of keeping it's stock price propped up..to keep it from crashing further..to keep YRC stock down by spooking investors which was always the motive of the lawsuit
YRC stock has tanked over 99.99% over the past 4 years. And it has NOTHING to do with a lawsuit from ABF and EVERYTHING to do with its absolute inability to generate anything close to a profit. YRC's stock is completely worthless and there is nobody to blame but YRC.

YRC stock has tanked over 99.99% over the past 4 years. And it has NOTHING to do with a lawsuit from ABF and EVERYTHING to do with its absolute inability to generate anything close to a profit. YRC's stock is completely worthless and there is nobody to blame but YRC.
How do you explain the tanking of ABF stock? ABF’s stock traded at $12.29 on June 15, 2012. The 52-week high as of that date was $27.44, more than double the current price. Before the 2008 financial crisis, ABF’s stock price exceeded $45 per share.

ABF stock price now @ $7.76
YRC @ $6.77..a buck difference

There were a lot of loons who bought ABF stock betting YRC would fold pushing up ABF stock. It did inflate ABF's price there for awhile but it's crashing now. Add it up. Non loons might conclude it was a bad bet. YRC is a $5B company. They were battered by the recession, the debt, the law-suit and the predatory pricing but they are still in your face

“We believe better relative tonnage levels will not solve the problem of [ABF’s] reduced profitability. It appears that a structural change in compensation and benefits to its Teamster workforce is necessary to better align costs with volumes . . . without material progress [on compensation issues] Arkansas Best has structurally higher costs than its peers stunting potential growth.” Chris Wetherbee, Research Analyst, Citi
“The most prevalent risks, in our opinion, to the performance of ABFS’ shares are the cyclical nature of LTL freight and legacy cost headwinds from its unionized workforce. Additional risks include the presence of well-capitalized integrated carriers (FedEx and UPS) in the LTL market and uncertainty surrounding multi-employer pension liabilities.” Todd Fowler, Vice President, KeyBanc Capital Markets
ABF’s stock traded at $12.29 on June 15, 2012. The 52-week high as of that date was $27.44, more than double the current price. Before the 2008 financial crisis, ABF’s stock price exceeded $45 per share.

http://edworkforce.house.gov/uploadedfiles/06.20.12_mcreyolds.pdf

How do you explain the tanking of ABF stock? ABF’s stock traded at $12.29 on June 15, 2012. The 52-week high as of that date was $27.44, more than double the current price. Before the 2008 financial crisis, ABF’s stock price exceeded $45 per share.

There were a lot of loons who bought ABF stock betting YRC would fold pushing up ABF stock. It did inflate ABF's price there for awhile but it's crashing now. Add it up. Non loons might conclude it was a bad bet. YRC is a $5B company. They were battered by the recession, the debt, the law-suit and the predatory pricing but they are still in your face

You either have an absolute refusal to factor the two reverse splits into your numbers, or you have a complete ignorance of what a reverse split is, and the effect it has on the stock. I've tried to explain it to you in past posts and it is like talking to a wheel chock. You even posted a chart showing yrc's price as high as 135,000 per share but your lack of comprehension and non-ability to actually read a chart, proves your ignorance.

You either have an absolute refusal to factor the two reverse splits into your numbers, or you have a complete ignorance of what a reverse split is, and the effect it has on the stock. I've tried to explain it to you in past posts and it is like talking to a wheel chock. You even posted a chart showing yrc's price as high as 135,000 per share but your lack of comprehension and non-ability to actually read a chart, proves your ignorance.

He is just plain senseless.

A reverse split doesn't guarantee the price will hold. It was $10.00 after the split. It's $6.77 now. That is the price it warrants right now regardless of the splits. That wasn't my question. My question was what is the reason for ABF stock to fall from $45.00 to $7.76. Same principle. It doesn't warrant a price that high. A YRC failure was priced in. These prices are per share. Volume has nothing to do with the price of a share. You're stock market illiterate so don't even think about buying stock. You'll lose your money. So will the other loon

Every trucking stock is down. look at old dominion it was over $40 a share now its $30.13 how can you explain that?